Bombers sign DL Louis Nzegwu

Mike

Louis Nzegwu

School: Wisconsin

Position: OLB

Bio: Two-year starter who finished with 34 tackles/6 tackles for loss/4.5 sacks as a senior after 46/7.5/3 the prior year.

Positive: Athletic college defensive end who makes plays in every direction of the field. Quick off the snap, keeps his feet moving on contact and rarely off his feet. Breaks down well and plays with leverage. Easily changes direction, fluid moving down the line and fast out to the flanks in pursuit of the action. Immediately gets his hands up and effectively uses them to protect himself. Displays the ability to slide off blocks to the inside and easily redirects to the action.

Negative: Undersized, slow getting off blocks and controlled by tight ends. Rarely used off the line of scrimmage in space.

Analysis: Nzegwu is somewhat underrated as a college defensive end who should be able to make the transition to outside linebacker in a 34 alignment at the next level. He'll need time to adjust yet possesses all the physical skills to be a backup on the depth chart.

Tweener for the NFL. Wonder who gets cut to make room?

looking at the bluebombers.com roster, looks like both griggs and paliwoda are no longer on there so i'd suspect paliwoda.

There are a few other guys there too that make me wonder why they are still on the roster

aaron kelly, greg peach being 2 that stick out.

As much as Aaron Kelly has been raked over the coals on this board, I doubt he gets cut before training camp.

oh not saying i dont agree, those are just the  2 names to me that stick out as possibly being let go sooner rather than later.

I do think kelly makes it to camp but... like i said, if they sign more guys (im sure they will) they will have to release a couple and those 2 are just 2 guys i think could be let go sooner.

I'm shocked Kelly has been kept this long after all of these cuts.

the only logical reason i can think of why he hasn't been. and regardless of what you me and everybody else thinks or says on this board, he has CFL experience and the other guys do not. That's the only reason i can think of why he hasn't been released. I don't necessarily agree with it but.... that has to be the reason or... he is indeed dating bellefeuille.

I'm shocked Kelly has been kept this long after all of these cuts.

the only logical reason i can think of why he hasn't been. and regardless of what you me and everybody else thinks or says on this board, he has CFL experience and the other guys do not. That's the only reason i can think of why he hasn't been released. I don't necessarily agree with it but.... that has to be the reason or... he is indeed dating bellefeuille.

It's gotta be the dating thing, no other way to explain it ;)