[MERGED] Bombers sign RB Kevin Smith

Atomic

He finished 2012 healthy after losing his starting job, and he did not play in 2013 although he worked out for a couple teams including the Colts and Giants during the season.  He had a lot of miles on his body after his college career and his first couple seasons in the NFL, but at 27 years old you would think he has something left in the tank.  He should be healthy after the last couple years of not playing much football.

If we get 16 games out of this guy I'll be thrilled. Great signing! One of the best ways for an inexperienced QB to ease into a long-term comfort zone is with a deadly threat at tailback. A healthy Kevin Smith could be just that. Well done, new regime!

Chad Simpson 2.0

incorrect... different runner, better blocker, and much better catcher out of the back field.... unless you're just referring to injuries, then yes, definitely a possibility...

I have to say I'm very excited about this signing... I had him on my fantasy team for a couple years and he was a "must start" when healthy... I just hope his injuries are past him

As long as no one expects a 27/28 year old ex-NFL lamer to carry the mail for 18 games then why not?

Guy could be past his expiry date and then we'll find out in camp.

Or he could be a terrific guy to back-load the import RB position behind the current speedball.

Simpson was pretty good for the most part but that darned recurring foot injury did him in.

Appears Smith is a tad more versatile than Simpson. Another plus.