Bomber Fan Forum May 12

Here are the details:

The Bombers also announced today, they will hold their annual Fan Forum on May 12th, 2014 in the Pinnacle Club at Investors Group Field at 7:00pm. Doors will open at 6:30pm. Fans are asked to enter through the Bomber Store. Free parking is available in the lot immediately outside the Store.

Hope it's a great event. Keep us out of towners posted as to what happened.

IIRC the Bombers twitter feed had live tweets from the fan forum last year.

I won't be there, someone please ask if they are thinking of bringing in Westwood to camp?

Or if they're going to be serving nacho's.  I'm not going all the way to training camp if they're not serving nacho's.

went to one of these a year or 2 ago, really was excited to check it out too. It was probably the worst few hours of my life. The questions some of the "fans" ask, seriously, its just ridiculous. I think these things are a giant waste of time, i mean good on the team for doing it but i wont be there this year or ever again. Just seems like a huge waste of time.

You really do get some people who really have no clue about anything. I guess, its more entertaining listening to the people ask questions and struggle to ask the question.

Its almost like listening to lawless ask questions, stutter this, stutter that.. umm uhh eh oh ya for sure, umm hey what umm yeah u umm gonna umm do umm about the umm qb umm situation umm. "voice cracks".

Entertaining but in my opinion, nothing significant ever happens. Its almost like the malaysian govt calling a press conference regarding the mh370. You basically get a whole lot of nothing. 

went to one of these a year or 2 ago, really was excited to check it out too. It was probably the worst few hours of my life. The questions some of the "fans" ask, seriously, its just ridiculous. I think these things are a giant waste of time, i mean good on the team for doing it but i wont be there this year or ever again. Just seems like a huge waste of time.

You really do get some people who really have no clue about anything. I guess, its more entertaining listening to the people ask questions and struggle to ask the question.

Its almost like listening to lawless ask questions, stutter this, stutter that.. umm uhh eh oh ya for sure, umm hey what umm yeah u umm gonna umm do umm about the umm qb umm situation umm. "voice cracks".

Entertaining but in my opinion, nothing significant ever happens. Its almost like the malaysian govt calling a press conference regarding the mh370. You basically get a whole lot of nothing. 

And that's mostly why people go.  But it sounds like you have transcended entertainment; Oh well!  For me it's a mix of that and needing to feed my severe Bomber addiction...

I won't be there, someone please ask if they are thinking of bringing in Westwood to camp?

Or if they're going to be serving nacho's.  I'm not going all the way to training camp if they're not serving nacho's.

Also could someone complain that the bus gets me home too late after the game. Tell them to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Tweets from the Bombers feed:

@Wpg_BlueBombers: 2014 Fan Forum is underway! #bombers #believeinblue http://t.co/tnCkA5bhyM

@Wpg_BlueBombers: Head Table introductions at the #Bombers #FanForum to much applause from the assembled crowd.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: Chair of the #Bombers Board, Brock Bulbuck opening remarks, updates re: governance pledges made last year, esp putting fans first and to "get out of the way" and let Wade Miller and his staff run the team.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: Bulbuck says governance changes mean the #Bombers Board will be completely turned over by 2018. Board bylaws will also be on the Bombers website in the coming days. He says they are working to be the most transparent Board in all of pro sports.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: President & CEO Wade Miller takes the podium, thanks the fans and corporate sponsors for unwavering support. Also acknowledges the many alumni in attendance at the Forum. Time to talk about financials.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: Miller says he fully believes team can improve on these financial results going forward, especially now that one-time expenses are done including severance being paid to former management and coaches, those are all finished.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: Miller talks about new tailgating experience, which will include portable Rum Hut. There will be 5 charging stations for cell phones around the stadium this year as well. And two new bars will be open on the 200 Level to help relieve some congestion on concourse.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: GM Kyle Walters takes the stage. Says his first job was to open the budget and re-evaluate every dollar spent to get the best value for every single dollar, to better use the budgets.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: Walters promises nobody will be able to question the time, energy and effort put into putting this team together for 2014.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: Walters says the quality of US players at this year's camp will be much better than you've seen in the past at Training Camp.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: Walters says the Board & Wade have been wholly supportive of Football Ops, that they're being given every opportunity to compete and that the perception the Football Ops are underfunded is no longer the case.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: Walters: says the importance of the WFC in Winnipeg is very apparent to him, and he has great relationships with coaches of Bisons & Rifles.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: Walters says he loves football so much, he referees high school football in his spare time and loves giving back to this community.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: Walters says fans will fall in love with the passion Mike O'Shea has for the game and for how he runs his team.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: O'Shea takes the stage. Says as he met fans earlier tonight, everyone welcomed him and asked how he likes it so far. When his son and he arrived back in town last week, he drove toward the stadium and says there's no B.S. from him, it feels so good to be in Winnipeg.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: O'Shea tells story of a 20-something girl at the airport grilling him about who will play tailback, and says that's why he came to Winnipeg: passionate, knowledgeable fans. Says he couldn't be happier to be here.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: O'Shea says his job is to hire coaches smarter than himself, he wants to give this team, city and province the chance to win off the bat.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: Of his 11 coaches, O'Shea says 7 are Canadian, only one has no CFL experience: QB Coach Gene Dahlquist, who is a 30+ year veteran coach in the USA, and an expert at the QB position who has already picked up the CFL game.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: O'Shea says he knows fans don't like turnover of players, he's brought in players who are true leaders.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: O'Shea says the biggest job he has is to restore pride to this organization, put together winning seasons.

@Wpg_BlueBombers: O'Shea: I guarantee you'll be proud of the effort put forth by this team when you leave the stadium. I will not stand for lack of effort, the coaches I've hired won't stand for lack of effort.

And from others:

@PentonKirk: Head coach Mike O'Shea said tonight at the fan forum said a recognizable linebacker will be joining the #Bombers in the next couple days.

@CJOBSports: Question at Bombers fan forum re city appointee to Bd of Directors. Chair Bulbeck thinks needs to work for city. Await city response.

Note: I've combined tweets that were made in 2 parts for ease of reading.