Time for a Real GM

Floyd

Which QB has demonstrated the greater ability to complete a long ball, stretch the D and force DBs to play off. LaPo has already said Willy follows his reads and progressions as instructed. LaPos same old check down, dump off passing game. People think Hall and Stubler play a bend don't break D. The theory behind that is it forces the O to complete 10-15 play drives that they think is not going to happen. A defence designed to work against the likes of LaPo. So is LaPo the problem, Willy the problem, who is playing with an o line that can't run block so it is screens and dumps to Harris. Again a system that is predictable and now being defended against.

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎22 at 8:28 AM, do or die said:

We need an exhaustive search to find someone to dazzle the BOD with proven skills in PowerPoint, Telestrator, and Whiteboard presentations.....and be put in charge of the whole shebang....

Truthfully, that's not far off of how Reinbold got the job.

Seriously though. I'm not in favour of firing Walters and I think this team's talent level is higher than its performance.  But if you want to say he sucks I can't argue with you as much as I might want to.  The record speaks for itself. 

On 7/23/2016 at 4:55 PM, DR. CFL said:

Which QB has demonstrated the greater ability to complete a long ball, stretch the D and force DBs to play off. LaPo has already said Willy follows his reads and progressions as instructed. LaPos same old check down, dump off passing game. People think Hall and Stubler play a bend don't break D. The theory behind that is it forces the O to complete 10-15 play drives that they think is not going to happen. A defence designed to work against the likes of LaPo. So is LaPo the problem, Willy the problem, who is playing with an o line that can't run block so it is screens and dumps to Harris. Again a system that is predictable and now being defended against.

pretty much. All though we did see some flashes of better adjustments and planning against hammer, over all the offense doesnt do any thing to keep the D honest. If we mixed in pump and goes, play action boots, did runs more then up the gut, some shovel itd go a long long ways. Nichols is certainly more the type that will take shots but is also more prone to turn overs. And a qb working against the system seldom works. 

5 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Not sure you can burn your Barker dolls until you see what Toronto's next guy up can do. He obviously knew he couldn't afford Ray and Harris, and was confident enough to trade Gale.

TO is a QB factory... but now Barker has let Collaros and Harris walk...  will come back to haunt him

J5V I appreciate your comment however if there was a loyal Bomber fan, I believe I can be counted in that group. I am 70yrs old and have been an avid fan since I was 8, think that makes it 62 years. I have had season tickets for many years and when not employed in Winnipeg watched and listened to them on radio and cheered in every town, city I was in. It isn't that I am not loyal but when you have followed them as long as I have and have witnessed the worst run in perhaps the history of the team, save for the few short years Reinbolt was here, there comes a time when you just can't see the logic in continually beating your head against the wall. I still watch and cheer on TV but my time and money are better spent doing something else like not wasting 3 hours of the day commuting to IGF to watch a less than entertaining event with a very stubborn coach who in my humble opinion believes loyalty to his players take precedent over loyalty to those who pay their and his salary. I'm sorry if you feel I jumped ship before it sank but I would rather swim than get taken down by the undertow. That is if I read your post correctly.

27 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

J5V I appreciate your comment however if there was a loyal Bomber fan, I believe I can be counted in that group. I am 70yrs old and have been an avid fan since I was 8, think that makes it 62 years. I have had season tickets for many years and when not employed in Winnipeg watched and listened to them on radio and cheered in every town, city I was in. It isn't that I am not loyal but when you have followed them as long as I have and have witnessed the worst run in perhaps the history of the team, save for the few short years Reinbolt was here, there comes a time when you just can't see the logic in continually beating your head against the wall. I still watch and cheer on TV but my time and money are better spent doing something else like not wasting 3 hours of the day commuting to IGF to watch a less than entertaining event with a very stubborn coach who in my humble opinion believes loyalty to his players take precedent over loyalty to those who pay their and his salary. I'm sorry if you feel I jumped ship before it sank but I would rather swim than get taken down by the undertow. That is if I read your post correctly.

I really don't like it when people pull the fan argument out. I totally get where you are coming from and respect the decision you have made. that is your choice and even if you do not go to a game or watch on TV that often I consider you every bit a fan as someone who has season tickets. The money and entertainment argument TOTALLY makes sense to me and I consider absolutely valid.

Hey I am vocally negative towards this regime and have been pretty much from the get go but I have been at the games and I have to say for more than the last three years it has been more of a chore to go to games than fun. Some fans have fun regardless and somehow stay completely faithful that this team is great no matter what the scoreboard and stat sheet say. I don't get it but hey that is their level of fandom. Good on them.

Whether you are a avid fan or have lost interest but still try to follow the team I, for one, welcome what you have to say. It is all valid.

Edited by Dragon37
fixed grammar/spelling

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

TO is a QB factory... but now Barker has let Collaros and Harris walk...  will come back to haunt him

edm let go of damon allen, matt dunigan and more, do you think they regretted it through all those championships? Calgary didnt retain flutie, garcia and hank and kept it going. That was in pre cap era. Teams cant afford to keep a premiere back up qb any more. 

1 hour ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

should tell that to chicago cubs fans. 

5 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

OBF, I thought your post was very sincere and it was not my intention to accuse you of being disloyal. I don't think anyone here thinks that of you. You're obviously a great fan and I admire you. If I offended you I apologise.

That said, I can't imagine how those fans that were sitting there watching that awful performance really felt. It was like they were resigned to the fact that we suck yet again and they were damned angry about it. I think we're all feeling that way a bit, and if you are too, I consider myself in good company.

I would be willing to consider signing on to a letter taken out on behalf of the fans, or a petition, or something, to the Free Press, but I feel that we have to do something or else we are going to be fed a steady diet of the same crap we've been swallowing for far too long. 

7 hours ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

62 years? That's a long time.... I'm feeling the same way after 11

3 hours ago, James said:

62 years? That's a long time.... I'm feeling the same way after 11

I have 50 years under my belt. This regime is the most frustrating I've experienced as a fan because it appears Miller has Walters back & Walters has O'Shea's. You get the feeling that they don't want to break up the Three Amigos. Right to the end no matter how bad things get.

21 hours ago, wbbfan said:

edm let go of damon allen, matt dunigan and more, do you think they regretted it through all those championships? Calgary didnt retain flutie, garcia and hank and kept it going. That was in pre cap era. Teams cant afford to keep a premiere back up qb any more. 

Except, TO isn't winning championships....

11 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Except, TO isn't winning championships....

they did after flutie left, and had great qbing post flutie and are a better qb mill now then ever. idk how you managed to miss the point soo badily. Moving on to a better younger qb has seldom led to teams regretting letting go of the older qb. (when your team is a qb puppy mill)

35 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

they did after flutie left, and had great qbing post flutie and are a better qb mill now then ever. idk how you managed to miss the point soo badily. Moving on to a better younger qb has seldom led to teams regretting letting go of the older qb. (when your team is a qb puppy mill)

My point was, you mentioned teams that let young QB's go but still won't multiple championships after the fact. Hence not really regretting letting them go. TO hasn't been winning championships or playoff games since letting Collaros and now Harris/Gale walk. I think that will come back to bite Barker as Ray won't be able to get it done anymore.

Edited by Bigblue204

14 hours ago, iso_55 said:

I have 50 years under my belt. This regime is the most frustrating I've experienced as a fan because it appears Miller has Walters back & Walters has O'Shea's. You get the feeling that they don't want to break up the Three Amigos. Right to the end no matter how bad things get.

Isn't it amazing how suddenly there appears to be no pressure on anyone because Willy's not starting? Yep, they know how to cover their own asses, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

Isn't it amazing how suddenly there appears to be no pressure on anyone because Willy's not starting? Yep, they know how to cover their own asses, that's for sure.

No pressure?  What is this even based on?  I'm all for legitimate criticism but this is closer to a conspiracy theory.  Some people just see and hear what they want to.