Time for a Real GM

Floyd

2 hours ago, J5V said:

Isn't it amazing how suddenly there appears to be no pressure on anyone because Willy's not starting? Yep, they know how to cover their own asses, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

No pressure?  What is this even based on?  I'm all for legitimate criticism but this is closer to a conspiracy theory.  Some people just see and hear what they want to.

Easy there, big fella. I said "appears" and that is strictly in a personal sense. I should have said "appears to me", I guess. Obviously you don't feel that way and that's cool. I suppose it's based on the reported fact that Willy is not starting. Now everyone has an excuse and the scapegoat is Willy. Poof! Pressure gone. I find that amazing. $410,000 excuse sitting on the bench. 

17 minutes ago, J5V said:

Easy there, big fella. I said "appears" and that is strictly in a personal sense. I should have said "appears to me", I guess. Obviously you don't feel that way and that's cool. I suppose it's based on the reported fact that Willy is not starting. Now everyone has an excuse and the scapegoat is Willy. Poof! Pressure gone. I find that amazing. $410,000 excuse sitting on the bench. 

Such a strange thought process.  I don't see how there is any less pressure to produce wins.  To me, taking out the starting QB shows that pressure is at a maximum and they are reaching for the last resort.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Such a strange thought process.  I don't see how there is any less pressure to produce wins.  To me, taking out the starting QB shows that pressure is at a maximum and they are reaching for the last resort.

Really? You don't see how they can now say, "Well, it's Willy's fault. If he was playing like he should we'd be fine. We shouldn't be starting our backup." Not that that isn't true, but it does provide an excuse. What happened to that rock-solid conviction that Willy is our guy and we are so convinced of that that we're going to pay him $410,000 and let him lead us to the promised land? If you truly have that conviction then you keep rolling Willy out there and stand by him. If, after 5 games, you realize that maybe you don't have the team you thought you should have after 3 years of building, then maybe you start to look for an excuse. Maybe Willy is it. Come to think of it, maybe Willy realizes this too and that's why he a little disgruntled. Maybe he's feeling like a scape goat. But this is pure speculation on my part. Strange, yeah probably, but what isn't with this team? I see your point too and they could very well just be reaching for the last resort.

12 minutes ago, do or die said:

Lapo did say the schemes were fine and "the plays are there", ...so a wee bit of finger pointing, perhaps

It's an accurate statement imo... plays have been there, but Willy can't connect... whether it's overthrowing deep balls or throwing short at a receiver's ankles, he just can't reliably make the play.

On 7/27/2016 at 10:22 AM, Old Bomber Fan said:

J5V I appreciate your comment however if there was a loyal Bomber fan, I believe I can be counted in that group. I am 70yrs old and have been an avid fan since I was 8, think that makes it 62 years. I have had season tickets for many years and when not employed in Winnipeg watched and listened to them on radio and cheered in every town, city I was in. It isn't that I am not loyal but when you have followed them as long as I have and have witnessed the worst run in perhaps the history of the team, save for the few short years Reinbolt was here, there comes a time when you just can't see the logic in continually beating your head against the wall. I still watch and cheer on TV but my time and money are better spent doing something else like not wasting 3 hours of the day commuting to IGF to watch a less than entertaining event with a very stubborn coach who in my humble opinion believes loyalty to his players take precedent over loyalty to those who pay their and his salary. I'm sorry if you feel I jumped ship before it sank but I would rather swim than get taken down by the undertow. That is if I read your post correctly.

Great post there OBF - you got me by quite a few years I was about the same age though - I was 9 years old and followed the bombers religiously until, well, I guess it was in October of last year - can't remember the specific game but I finally had enough. So for me, its' 42 years. We got quite the different reaction regarding our decisions. Even the mods are jumping all over me here. Never seen anything like it. But, TBH - I'm sick and tired of saying nothing but negative things on here about the team. For the most part, that's all they've been giving me options for save that 5 -1 start when I was over the moon for both Willy and O'Shea. You'd think I'd have known better. So I'll be at the game tonight, and for the first time ever here, I won't be trying to 'defend' the bombers. Though if they play great and win - it sure will put a smile on my face ;)

I think there's pressure to win but I think J5V's point is that if we lose under Nicholls at qb it just means that we lost playing a backup qb & that's what fans & media will say. I mean you have Lawless tweeting that the Bombers still have a vision to build a championship team under MOS. His vision is sitting at  13-28 since the start of 2014. Like Billy Joel once sang, "Sometimes a fantasy. It's not the real thing".

1 hour ago, KptKrunch said:

Great post there OBF - you got me by quite a few years I was about the same age though - I was 9 years old and followed the bombers religiously until, well, I guess it was in October of last year - can't remember the specific game but I finally had enough. So for me, its' 42 years. We got quite the different reaction regarding our decisions. Even the mods are jumping all over me here. Never seen anything like it. But, TBH - I'm sick and tired of saying nothing but negative things on here about the team. For the most part, that's all they've been giving me options for save that 5 -1 start when I was over the moon for both Willy and O'Shea. You'd think I'd have known better. So I'll be at the game tonight, and for the first time ever here, I won't be trying to 'defend' the bombers. Though if they play great and win - it sure will put a smile on my face ;)

Just go away. You're a big hero "suffering" the way you did but you say you're no longer a fan. You claim you kicked the team to the curb yet here you are. Others are angry but haven't quit on the Bombers. You're actually bragging about your decision as you've posted similarily at least a half dozen times recently. No one is impressed with your so called pain. Go post on Esks Fans if you want a pat on the back from a fanbase.

Edited by iso_55

48 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Just go away. You're a big hero "suffering" the way you did but you say you're no longer a fan. You claim you kicked the team to the curb yet here you are. Others are angry but haven't quit on the Bombers. You're actually bragging about your decision as you've posted similarily at least a half dozen times recently. No one is impressed with your so called pain. Go post on Esks Fans if you want a pat on the back from a fanbase.

Aw look, you did the same thing I did the other day and quoted him. Now we all see his post. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!   ;)

Edited by Logan007

5 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Where's the fun in that iso? Last I checked, I live in a free country and can do whatever I want to do unless I'm breaking the law. No laws being broke here. Besides, I thought I was on your 'ignore' list. Promises Promises - trust me won't hurt my feelings one iota

Just now, KptKrunch said:

Where's the fun in that iso? Last I checked, I live in a free country and can do whatever I want to do unless I'm breaking the law. No laws being broke here. Besides, I thought I was on your 'ignore' list. Promises Promises - trust me won't hurt my feelings one iota

Troll response. You are a troll.

1 minute ago, KptKrunch said:

Says you? Who's trolling who ISo? Go ahead - check my posts quote all you want - who's trolling who. Just put me on ignore - please? 

Nah, I won't do that. I have a suggestion, why don't you ignore all of us & go hang out on Esks Fans with other Eskimo fans like you?