Coach Mike' Everything is' O'Shae

17 minutes ago, mbrg said:

I'm not going to comment on the game because I didn't watch it.  There's no point in going on and on about something I have no knowledge of.  Seems only logical.

And yet this thread has a healthy number of people complaining about what OShea said in an interview they admit they didn't listen to.  Isn't the internet wonderful?

I didn't hear O'Shea's interview, but it was in the paper as well that he felt the 4th quarter was a good one, without any acknowledgement that Calgary had changed to a passive defence.  Even if you didn't hear it or read it directly, fans have every right to comment on something that other people heard and read.  Unless you feel the people who originally brought it up are flat out lying...and they aren't.  This whole issue would be fixed by the Bombers starting to play some consistent, good football.  That's 100% on them, not fans who have been loyal but are exhausted by the years of poor play.  

Edited by gcdrought

23 minutes ago, White Out said:

..and?

Seriously whats your point? People are bitching. You want them to talk about the good things? What ******* good things? That Iron Mike might soon be fired? The team is a joke and is the laughing stock of the league. I was driving to work  a couple days ago in the morning in Calgary and the sports guys were cracking jokes about the Bombers. Not how bad we were that one day, about how we're an annual free space on the bingo card and a total joke of  a franchise.

There's being a fan, and, then there's burying your head in the sand. What a ******* joke. You can sit there and enjoy the building caving in around you and comment on how lovely the colour of the tiles match the debris, but some people want to talk about actual events going on.

Good grief man, take it down a notch. Get some fresh air and relax...

21 minutes ago, White Out said:

..and?

Seriously whats your point? People are bitching. You want them to talk about the good things? What ******* good things? That Iron Mike might soon be fired? The team is a joke and is the laughing stock of the league. I was driving to work  a couple days ago in the morning in Calgary and the sports guys were cracking jokes about the Bombers. Not how bad we were that one day, about how we're an annual free space on the bingo card and a total joke of  a franchise.

There's being a fan, and, then there's burying your head in the sand. What a ******* joke. You can sit there and enjoy the building caving in around you and comment on how lovely the colour of the tiles match the debris, but some people want to talk about actual events going on.

See, this is what I'm talking about.  You guys are taking anything we are saying out of context and exaggerating on it.  No one is saying everything is rose pedals and daffodils.  No one is saying let's only talk about the good things.  What we're saying is that some of you aren't discussing anything.  You're just here to complain repeatedly.  Well no one wants to come to a board where all people do is complain about the same thing over and over and over again.

12 minutes ago, gcdrought said:

Even if you didn't hear it or read it directly, fans have every right to comment on something that other people heard and read.  Unless you feel the people who originally brought it up are flat out lying...and they aren't.  

I don't know. You have to be careful with that. Any two people can hear, or read, the same thing and interpret it differently. I find it easier to qualify poster's versions if they've actually (factually) heard things first-hand. 

55 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Good grief man, take it down a notch. Get some fresh air and relax...

I don't want to take it down a notch, to be honest. I'm responding in the same levels to the original post. Don't take offence. wasn't directed at you.

55 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

See, this is what I'm talking about.  You guys are taking anything we are saying out of context and exaggerating on it.  No one is saying everything is rose pedals and daffodils.  No one is saying let's only talk about the good things.  What we're saying is that some of you aren't discussing anything.  You're just here to complain repeatedly.  Well no one wants to come to a board where all people do is complain about the same thing over and over and over again.

See that's simply not the case though. People have been discussing the pitfalls of this team and what needs  changing. What 17to85 was whining about (sorry but correct word) is that people aren't focusing enough on the good things. I mean, that's such a  laughable comment. This team is a total dumpster fire and we're supposed to be discussing things that are going right? Even at 50-50 content that's an insane proposition. What realistically has gone well this year? I mean, honestly? We have a great kicker now but that's being over shadowed by MOS refusing to use him, or botching time management with Willy to get him on the field.

I realize it's not fun talking about all the problems we're enduring but when it's raining people talk about the rain. We aren't going to stand around in a hail storm and talk about how beautiful the sun surely is under the clouds. No, we're doing to talk about the damage to our cars and houses and how shitty the weather is as a way of collectively dealing with it all. 

Edited by White Out

5 hours ago, Logan007 said:

What he's saying is, all the bitching and moaning we do here isn't getting the Bombers anywhere.  If you want to make a difference, go picket the stadium.  Do you really think MOS is reading these forums going "oh hell yes, THAT's what we should have done last week."  Bitching about everything here is just you spinning your wheels.  Discussing what they could and should do is one thing, having a tantrum about it cause we haven't won a Grey Cup in 26 years is another.  Do you think I'm not mad about it?  Of course I'm mad.  It pisses me off to watch them play like that and lose.  But coming here and kicking and screaming about it isn't going to change a thing.  Want to send them a message?  Stop going to games, picket the stadium, send letters, call into CJOB and 1290, but if you complain, do it in an intelligent way or they're just going to pass you off as another goof that's flying off the handle.

Then shut this forum down. Why should just your POV count? This is a discussion thread & we can say what we want. Picket the stadium  but say nothing here, you serious?

1 hour ago, Logan007 said:

You can dig a hole in the ground where you can go stick your head in being in denial. We don't need to be lectured everytime someone posts something you don't like.

I don't agree with some of the thoughts posted in this thread, but people have the perfect right to express them.  

Not every thing is black and white.....it is always a matter of degrees, as far as what is considered an appropriate level of criticism.....or complaining....or at what specific point one becomes the other.   No shortage of opinions on that.   Lets just play fair. 

.....of course, a win or two could really help both the atmosphere and the discourse, round here.  

Sorry about the "lecture"......

3 hours ago, White Out said:

..and?

And all I was doing was pointing out the fallacy in thinking that people post more in good times. There are always more threads and more posts when things are going poorly. Nothing more, nothing less. But yet again you have done a lot of mental gymnastics to read something into a post that isn't there. 

I am willing to talk about anything to do with the Bombers positive or negative, but what I don't like is all the constant hyperbole that gets tossed around after losses. 

22 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

dc0c1d501ea9a582d089e7381b65d5b5.jpg

Honest question. What in the **** do you want us to talk about then? How sweet the jerseys are? Maybe we can get a 12 page thread going about how awesome our kicker is whenever he gets the tap on the shoulder to kick a field goal.

Get real

1 hour ago, White Out said:

I don't want to take it down a notch, to be honest. I'm responding in the same levels to the original post. Don't take offence. wasn't directed at you.

See that's simply not the case though. People have been discussing the pitfalls of this team and what needs  changing. What 17to85 was whining about (sorry but correct word) is that people aren't focusing enough on the good things. I mean, that's such a  laughable comment. This team is a total dumpster fire and we're supposed to be discussing things that are going right? Even at 50-50 content that's an insane proposition. What realistically has gone well this year? I mean, honestly? We have a great kicker now but that's being over shadowed by MOS refusing to use him, or botching time management with Willy to get him on the field.

I realize it's not fun talking about all the problems we're enduring but when it's raining people talk about the rain. We aren't going to stand around in a hail storm and talk about how beautiful the sun surely is under the clouds. No, we're doing to talk about the damage to our cars and houses and how shitty the weather is as a way of collectively dealing with it all. 

completely false, you are spinning it to mean that when it was simply a statement that bad things = more traffic. Totally neutral statement only meant to point out the trend of this message board. You do love your leaps of logic though. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

And all I was doing was pointing out the fallacy in thinking that people post more in good times. There are always more threads and more posts when things are going poorly. Nothing more, nothing less. But yet again you have done a lot of mental gymnastics to read something into a post that isn't there. 

I am willing to talk about anything to do with the Bombers positive or negative, but what I don't like is all the constant hyperbole that gets tossed around after losses. 

That's not a fallacy. A fallacy would be a strawman, appeal to authority, and many other common fallacies that are tpyically pulled out by the cheerleaders on this site. I think what you meant to say is that its a red herring. And you know what? Who knows. The Bombers have never been competitive since this site has been active.

The team is struggling now, but I would not label this as a "dumpster fire". There are good players on the team, just not enough of them and motivation may be more of a problem than ability. However, the coaching has to be assessed for good reason and any coach who has produced a winning record of about 35% should be scrutinized.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

YOU CANNOT CHANGE WHAT YOU DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE AS PROBLEMATIC.

Except we're not the coaches/gm/ceo/bod...so we can't change anything.

And I never said we shouldn't discuss the problems, but there's a difference between pointing out things that are wrong and discussing vs bitching\complaining, which is what I'm getting at which no one seems to understand.

Anyone else notice that Mike, Rich, Noeller, Mr Perfect, Mark H, TrueBlue etc... rarely post.  And I haven't seen Voodoochylde post in ages.  Hmm...I wonder why?  That's a head scratcher isn't it?

Just now, Logan007 said:

Except we're not the coaches/gm/ceo/bod...so we can't change anything.

And I never said we shouldn't discuss the problems, but there's a difference between pointing out things that are wrong and discussing vs bitching\complaining, which is what I'm getting at which no one seems to understand.

Anyone else notice that Mike, Rich, Noeller, Mr Perfect, Mark H, TrueBlue etc... rarely post.  And I haven't seen Voodoochylde post in ages.  Hmm...I wonder why?  That's a head scratcher isn't it?

So right back to, might as well shut down the forum? This is another appeal to authority. Well, Mr White Out, who the **** are you say anything? You aren't the Gm, Walters is. You aren't on the BOD. Your opinion doesn't matter, and even if you were right, it wont change anything.

Boring boring boring. Get over yourself and your blue glasses. What you seem to fail to understand is people ARE discussing whats wrong but you just dont like how upset people are. Get over it.

Hell most of what the so called "head in the sand" people are doing is simply disagreeing with the doom and gloomers that the sky is falling trying to provide an alternate view point. There really are very few rah rah Bombers blind homers here. Have you seen Spuds lately? I got no problems with people saying negative things, just don't go all in on the darkness, be reasonable and logical... but most people don't do that. They're pissed off and by god anyone who isn't as pissed off as them is a monster. 

3 minutes ago, tracker said:

The team is struggling now, but I would not label this as a "dumpster fire". There are good players on the team, just not enough of them and motivation may be more of a problem than ability. However, the coaching has to be assessed for good reason and any coach who has produced a winning record of about 35% should be scrutinized.

See...this is a good post of talking about something problematic.

1 minute ago, Logan007 said:

See...this is a good post of talking about something problematic.

You only like it because he's not willing to say the Bombers are as bad as others are, and, he's not calling for MOS's head. That's your line in the sand. Others have posted far more topical posts with a lot more content and reasoning, but because they want MOS gone and changes made you've decided "not good enough, too negative"