Patience

Brandon

Patience my ass! We blew our best chance for a win in the first third of the season and we didn't just lose it, we were owned in our own stadium by Montreal who everyone is picking for last in the east. Montreal made a bunch of mistakes that woulda/coulda/shoulda cost them the game, but we never took advantage of any of them. Our $400K QB played like a $100K QB until the game was out of hand then threw a couple of bombs that made his stats look decent. Our shiny new OC who was supposed to lead us to the promised land finally unveiled his new offence and it totally sucked even tho it wasn't vanilla. Much more of this kind of play and the O'Shea death watch will be on if it isn't already.

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Patience my ass! We blew our best chance for a win in the first third of the season and we didn't just lose it, we were owned in our own stadium by Montreal who everyone is picking for last in the east. Montreal made a bunch of mistakes that woulda/coulda/shoulda cost them the game, but we never took advantage of any of them. Our $400K QB played like a $100K QB until the game was out of hand then threw a couple of bombs that made his stats look decent. Our shiny new OC who was supposed to lead us to the promised land finally unveiled his new offence and it totally sucked even tho it wasn't vanilla. Much more of this kind of play and the O'Shea death watch will be on if it isn't already.

Another couple of losses like this and Willy's salary will seem high at $100K.

11 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Can't fault LaPo's scheme, it would have looked brilliant with Collaros at the helm.

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

If that's the case, it is on Lapo. Coaching 101 tells us you create schemes with what you got not try to fit a player into a brilliant scheme you want.

That's a valid point but Willy seems best suited to working with a 3 second window to find his receivers, which can't be realistically provided for in this era of football.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

That's a valid point but Willy seems best suited to working with a 3 second window to find his receivers, which can't be realistically provided for in this era of football.

except there were plenty of plays were glen had a 3 step drop and the ball was gone. No chance at pressure at all. 3 seconds is totally doable. We just weren't doing it. For what ever reasons. Drew looked shell shocked still. Couldn't decide where to go, and when he did...didn't seem to trust what he saw.

58 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

except there were plenty of plays were glen had a 3 step drop and the ball was gone. No chance at pressure at all. 3 seconds is totally doable. We just weren't doing it. For what ever reasons. Drew looked shell shocked still. Couldn't decide where to go, and when he did...didn't seem to trust what he saw.

A 3 step drop is usually a 2 second play, expecting to hold off a blitz-crazy opponent for 3 seconds is courting disaster.  The 3-step drop has got to become Willy's bread and butter as his ad-libbing skills are poor.

10 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

A 3 step drop is usually a 2 second play, expecting to hold off a blitz-crazy opponent for 3 seconds is courting disaster.  The 3-step drop has got to become Willy's bread and butter as his ad-libbing skills are poor.

I see what you mean. And yes I completely agree with you. Need to get the ball out of his hands

14 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The reason Kevin Glenn still has a job in this league is his quick release. Only him and his old OC Anthony Calvillo were able to get the ball off that quickly. If there's anyone Drew Willy needs to mold his game off of it's Kevin Glenn. You simply can't get to him the ball is already out of his hands by the time the pocket starts to break down.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I see what you mean. And yes I completely agree with you. Need to get the ball out of his hands

He might be able to do it in 2 secs if he did not feel compelled to do the one second jig. The guy has feet that are way too happy.

1 minute ago, LeBird said:

He might be able to do it in 2 secs if he did not feel compelled to do the one second jig. The guy has feet that are way too happy.

yeah likely from taking too many hits. I remember in 14 him being very calm in the pocket and stepping up while looking down field. He's looking a lot more like Buck now.

3 hours ago, do or die said:

Lol at doom and gloom after Game 1. I don't know how you guys get through a day...

I think the majority of us will give MOS a little more time to get things right. But the score did flatter the Bombers and should not have been even that close. Drew Willy's performance in the first half was miserable and the defence made Kevin Glenn look like an all star. So I can see where the Doom and Gloom come from. However let's see where things stand at the 1/3 mark. If the Bombers are 1-5 or 0-6 - and they very well could be - it will be time to make some serious changes.

From what I can see so far this team regardless of who they bring in player wise just is not well coached.

Wouldn't be the first QB, we have broken down, round here.    Looked like a combination of rust, lack of timing and some lack of confidence from Willy, last night.  Someone needs to explain to Bob Wyle and the rest of the brain trust .....that having any QB take 50+ sacks and a couple of hundred hits, every year does take a toll.  

Better hope that we are going to get a better fit between O scheme and current QB moving forward.  Better execution all round - catching, blocking etc would help as well.  

Recognizing the problems is not rocket science - the deal is what this coaching staff and the QB are going to do about - right bloody now.

26 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

The reason Kevin Glenn still has a job in this league is his quick release. Only him and his old OC Anthony Calvillo were able to get the ball off that quickly. If there's anyone Drew Willy needs to mold his game off of it's Kevin Glenn. You simply can't get to him the ball is already out of his hands by the time the pocket starts to break down.

I agree, Kevin Glenn is channeling Calvillo right now and that combo is going to cause major fits for any DC.  Willy doesn't have Glenn's skill set, he is more similar to Ricky Ray in athletic ability, build and mobility.  Ray's success was built upon  a war chest of great offencive weapons and a heavy reliance on timing roots, Willy needs to do the same.

Willy can be reprogrammed but it isn't going to be pretty.

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1347/13479024/2955164-1786099045-clock.jpg

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

34 minutes ago, BBRT said:

I think the majority of us will give MOS a little more time to get things right. But the score did flatter the Bombers and should not have been even that close. Drew Willy's performance in the first half was miserable and the defence made Kevin Glenn look like an all star. So I can see where the Doom and Gloom come from. However let's see where things stand at the 1/3 mark. If the Bombers are 1-5 or 0-6 - and they very well could be - it will be time to make some serious changes.

From what I can see so far this team regardless of who they bring in player wise just is not well coached.

BBRT...you're getting mellow in your old age. :)

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Yes and we could have easily been penalized a couple of times for hitting Glenn late.