Patience

Brandon

21 hours ago, Floyd said:

The scariest thing in that game was the clock management and play calling in the last drive.  Seems like Osh has still not got a handle on game management..

When Willy took off running in desperation on that last drive, a big red neon sign buried deep within my subconscious began to flash.  GOLTZ GOLTZ GOLTZ.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

19 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

yeah likely from taking too many hits. I remember in 14 him being very calm in the pocket and stepping up while looking down field. He's looking a lot more like Buck now.

This makes sense to me. And he made some beautiful throws. Quite a few of them. I remember one perfectly dropped in bomb to the endzone.

Willy was pretty good when he got here. Now he's not. He does look like Buck looked towards the end. Even the way he turns and runs straight for the sideline when things are breaking down.

He may be tough, but there's a limit to the beatings a person can take. The coach seems to value toughness over everything else.

Starting to understand why many quarterbacks don't want to come here.  It's not money.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Willy go elswhere and play to his potential.

Edited by Mark F

57 minutes ago, J5V said:

Patiently waiting for this OLine to perform ... observing.gif

From the little I know about O-lines and blocking assignments, it does take some live-fire time for the group to jell, and they did get better as the game wore on, so lets wait a couple more games before we start warming up the bitumen and plucking chickens.

That offensive display on Friday, was offensive. I wouldn't know where to start to get this fixed. Out of a loss of patience and feeling desperation, I need a scape goat or two. Goat one is Willy, he no confidence to improvise. Goat two is Lapo, as it appears he gained nothing in his 5 year banishment. His offence underachieved til garbage time. 

1 hour ago, LeBird said:

So that we can recondition another one? How about taking care of the one we have?

Nope. O'Shea will just keep rolling him out there for his beatings until something breaks.

1 minute ago, J5V said:

Nope. O'Shea will just keep rolling him out there for his beatings until something breaks.

Then he'll tape Willy up and throw him out again to take more beatings. (The story of Willy's first season in a nutshell.)

15 minutes ago, tracker said:

From the little I know about O-lines and blocking assignments, it does take some live-fire time for the group to jell, and they did get better as the game wore on, so lets wait a couple more games before we start warming up the bitumen and plucking chickens.

The first GM that came along and said "My #1 priority will be to build an awesome O-line" would get the job from me. I wouldn't care if he traded half the team to do it.

8 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Then he'll tape Willy up and throw him out again to take more beatings. (The story of Willy's first season in a nutshell.)

Were you at all concerned when Willy got a tap to the head near the end of the game and looked like he was shaking out some cobwebs? I'm wondering if his melon is mashed a la Dunigan, Jones, Pierce, etc. 

21 minutes ago, J5V said:

Were you at all concerned when Willy got a tap to the head near the end of the game and looked like he was shaking out some cobwebs? I'm wondering if his melon is mashed a la Dunigan, Jones, Pierce, etc. 

And the sad part is it seems it might keep happening until the Oline gels and no one knows what unit of measurement one would need to calculate when that will happen.

Edited by LeBird

30 minutes ago, J5V said:

The first GM that came along and said "My #1 priority will be to build an awesome O-line" would get the job from me. I wouldn't care if he traded half the team to do it.

Every single one we have hired has said that though.

OTHER BOMBER QUOTES :

“We’re still a new team, man,” Cummings told bluebombers.com late Friday/early Saturday after the setback. “It’s Week 1. We’re still gelling together; we’re still feeling it out. Our offence is going to get better, we’re going to get better, period.

“REMEMBER, THE BIGGEST ADJUSTMENTS IN FOOTBALL COME BETWEEN WEEK 1 AND WEEK 2 IN ANY SEASON.”

EUCLID CUMMINGS

“Fans just need to hold tight. Week 2 we’re going to put on a better show out there, especially defensively.”

AND:

We missed a couple passes here and there,” said Smith. “But we’ll get it done. I’m not worried about it.”

AND:

Asked if the loss put a damper on all the hype and hope surrounding this team heading into the season, Jamaal Westerman said:

“There’s no damper. It’s the first game of the season. Of course you wanted to come out of there with a win, but I don’t think it puts a damper on the enthusiasm. I think it’s a damper that we didn’t get this win. We could have won this game; it definitely was a winnable game.”

6 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

OTHER BOMBER QUOTES :

“We’re still a new team, man,” Cummings told bluebombers.com late Friday/early Saturday after the setback. “It’s Week 1. We’re still gelling together; we’re still feeling it out. Our offence is going to get better, we’re going to get better, period.

“REMEMBER, THE BIGGEST ADJUSTMENTS IN FOOTBALL COME BETWEEN WEEK 1 AND WEEK 2 IN ANY SEASON.”

EUCLID CUMMINGS

“Fans just need to hold tight. Week 2 we’re going to put on a better show out there, especially defensively.”

AND:

We missed a couple passes here and there,” said Smith. “But we’ll get it done. I’m not worried about it.”

AND:

Asked if the loss put a damper on all the hype and hope surrounding this team heading into the season, Jamaal Westerman said:

“There’s no damper. It’s the first game of the season. Of course you wanted to come out of there with a win, but I don’t think it puts a damper on the enthusiasm. I think it’s a damper that we didn’t get this win. We could have won this game; it definitely was a winnable game.”

Ok. I can wait another week. but... Fool me one shame on me, fool me 17 more times and you're in for a dump of **** on your lawn.

Go for it guys. Good luck in Calgary.

46 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Every single one we have hired has said that though.

It's tough. That's why I said I'd even be willing to part with half the team because that's what it's going to take to get those hogs in here. 

22 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It was too little too late but when Bass finally hammered Glenn in the 4th Q it planted the familiar frowny face on Glenn that usually signifies he doesn't want to participate in the days activities any longer. 

I honestly think if the bombers O had done anything pouty Glenn would have shown up. He got hit hard a few time, threw a pick, but the bombers kept giving him chances to get back at it