Patience

Brandon

Does anyone have anymore for the old Blue and Gold?

I caught myself by the 2nd quarter already fast forwarding just to see if we can make a few first downs and move the ball.... it took me only half a game to revert back to last season when I would PVR a game and watch the whole thing in under 10 minutes.

It was so bad that I actually choose to do house chores and watch Bellator MMA ! 

12 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I'm not even angry. More like I don't care. Nothing changes with this team.

I'm not angry but I'm definitely disappointed.  I know one game doesn't mean the season is all over... but watching them being unable to make a first down on 2nd and short was just completely deflating.  

Last season for many games I simply didn't want to waste my free time watching a train wreck,   I already regained that same feeling by quarter two.  

I'm really curious to see what happens *if* this kind of play continues.   Will changes be made?  Will the ticket sales dip really low?

It's still early. I just hope Weston Dressler comes back sooner than later. I think that really hurt the team with him going out so early. looked early like the had some quick throws planned to both him and Smith but getting hurt really put a crimp in the game plan. Any news? PVR'd the game and thanks to all the delays missed the last 8 minutes. 

13 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

By who? The best QB who's been available in that time is Trevor Harris who isn't any better than Willy. 

The point is that they have not brought any QB's in with the intention of seriously challenging Willy.  Instead O'Shea has settled on the idea that Willy is the ultimate solution and the only QB's the scouts have found (which isn't many) have been brought in only to support Willy, not to challenge him for the starters job.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Wpg could have had Kevin Glenn...   keep in mind that we went first with Brohm instead of Glenn as a backup and now with Nichols (who we will see very soon).

We all have known that Willy has been injured every year... now he looks shellshocked... 

Trevor Harris, Burris, Collaros, Reilly, Glenn...  all QBs that this organization either wouldn't or couldn't get the deal done... all starter talent

6 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Instead of anointing Willy the starter, he should have been seriously challenged in year one, two and three.

Would have been nice if they had but unfortunately I still maintain you have to take care of yourself. There's a reason teams consistently make the playoffs and challenge (or win) the Grey Cup.

Even here in Edmonton - yes, Reilly came from B.C. - but that's it. The rest have all been scouted and developed by the Eskimos'. WPg's Achilles heel for decades has been the complete inability to scout, sign, and develop their own Qb. McManus was the last one. Until they do, as I've said many times (It's why I was in Marve's corner) I don't think they'll ever win consistently. In a small league sure, every once in a while they'll catch lightening in a bottle and go to a maybe win a G.C. But then they'll fall on their faces again.

But it's one game - new offensive philosophy, and Dressler went down early. I wouldn't panic yet - but yeah that's a tough schedule - 0 - 6 = LaPo being HC before Labour Day 

6 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

By who? The best QB who's been available in that time is Trevor Harris who isn't any better than Willy. 

I'm not so sure about saying Willy is as good as Harris. Last year Harris had a very good year. Playing the whole season. His stats were impressive. He threw 33 TD passes  had an excellent completion rating. As well he played Toronto into the playoffs. Not to mention he stays healthy and plays smart.  Willy hasn't done anything like that in the 2 years in Winnipeg

Harris 2015 stats 

played 18 games

382 comp on 538 attempts

4354 yards and 33 TDs

538COMP 4354YRDS 33TD

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Lol at doom and gloom after Game 1. I don't know how you guys get through a day...

The doom and gloom comes from the fact that I didn't see one glimmer of hope that this offence is any better than last years.  From Willy looking dazed and confused to an OC who hasn't learned to make mid game adjustments.   Also a d-line that couldn't put any pressure on an o-line that's probably just marginally better than ours. 

I can't remember if it was Osh or someone else but they said that this years offence was away ahead of last years offence at the same time.   I didn't see it. 

So, yes it was game 1 but I just needed to see that all the changes would have netted some improvement.  Again, I didn't see it. 

Also, it looks like the search for a #1 QB is on again.  How long will it take this time?

Edited by B-F-F-C

As I was sitting at the stadium I felt I was watching the same team from last year . 2 and out punt defense plays strong gives us a chance offense comes on the field 2 and out punt. Willy over threw Smith a few times where if on taget we score. An other thought why have Kohlert out there, they never look his way  and doesn't scare anyone. He is canadian and helps the ratio but seems like a waste.

Edited by TransconaBomberfan

40 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

The doom and gloom comes from the fact that I didn't see one glimmer of hope that this offence is any better than last years.  From Willy looking dazed and confused to an OC who hasn't learned to make mid game adjustments.   Also a d-line that couldn't put any pressure on an o-line that's probably just marginally better than ours. 

I can't remember if it was Osh or someone else but they said that this years offence was away ahead of last years offence at the same time.   I didn't see it. 

So, yes it was game 1 but I just needed to see that all the changes would have netted some improvement.  Again, I didn't see it. 

Also, it looks like the search for a #1 QB is on again.  How long will it take this time?

Exactly Right.

The team is clearly no better than last year, perhaps even much worse, and yet the organization lies openly to everyone saying how much better it is.

All Bombers are good for is milking money out of the pockets of their fool fanbase, who perennially support perennial loser.

Re: the choice of going with Willy as opposed to making a bid for Trevor Harris or Kevin Glenn. Yes, its only game one but it smells an awful lot like the teams of the past two years. O'Shea has to be the one who had the major say in anointing Willy as the One and Only and it brings two of his questionable traits into view again: his stubbornness in sticking with inadequate players and his judgement in assessing players. If nothing changes, then nothing changes.