Week 1 Other Games Thread (TO/Ham Edm/Ott BC/Cgy

Jpan85

Game day notes from around the CFL and Drew Edwards...

Hamilton - 17 players are gone from their Nov. 46 man roster. (including J Medlock)  - 11 of 24 starters. And - OC Tommy Condell.

Collaros is on the sideline. Masoli starts and Ted Laurent doesn't. MLB - Larry Dean??

Masoli has not started a regular season game since July 18, 2014 – a 10-7 loss in which he went 9- of-20 for 107 yards, one interception and no TD passes. Masoli did start the 2015 East Final however in their 35-28 loss at Ottawa, and he was 30-of-42 for 349 yards and two TD passes.

The last 4 games Hamilton has beaten Toronto all 4 games.

-The Tiger-Cats will look to make it 7 times in 10 years that the visiting team has won the first game of a CFL season. In the last four years, only Winnipeg in 2014 won Game #1 at home. - Home teams won 45 of the 81 games in 2015 for a .556 mark, down from the .593 winning percentage by home clubs in 2014.

 -In the East, there have been FOUR different regular season champions in the last FOUR years – a result that had not happened since 1974. Ottawa made it four last year bouncing back to 12-6 from 2-16 to capture the automatic berth in the 2015 East Final. In the 1971 to 1974 run, Toronto in 1971 then Hamilton, followed by Ottawa and Montreal (1974) made it four different first place finishers in four years.

Argos’ Roster Analysis: The Argonauts start 2016 with 14 players out of their 55-man roster total that will be entering their first CFL season. That is the most in the CFL: Toronto 14, Winnipeg 11, Saskatchewan 10, Hamilton 10, BC 8, Ottawa 8, Calgary 7, Edmonton 7 and Montreal 6. That makes 81 first-year players across the CFL in 2016 for Week #1.

In Years #1-2: Toronto’s roster contains fully 28 players who will be in either their first or second year – that is 51% of the Argos complete roster, easily the highest percentage across the league (CFL average: 37%).

Hamilton has allowed a total of 185 QB Sacks over the last three seasons ranking #8, #8 and #6 in those years.

Who's going to win? Absolutely interesting game. I'll go with Toronto and R. Ray.

1 minute ago, iso_55 said:

No rioting in the streets from Toronto TFC fans? If ever a fanbase whined & complained about having to now share BMO Field it's them.

And I'm pretty sure there is a Rugby game there on Saturday to boot, Canada Vs. Italy.

yay! CFL is back!

Don't really care who wins, just wanna see a classic CFL game in an exciting new venue with an enthusiastic crowd.

I'm curious to see if Masoli is a one-game wonder. I always root for newer QBs entering the CFL, because unless we have sufficient QB talent, our league's games suck.

My stream tonight is from the UK so it'll be interesting to see if any Brexit news leaks in...

Edited by johnzo

9 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Great punt, nice special teams / D play by the TiCats.

Uniforms look great on the field, Adidas didn't ruin them. Like the subtle blue outline on the Argos' numbers.

Hope Lirim H. bounces back.

Or is this the bitching about soccer thread?

Bitching about soccer is always fun.