CFL Fantasy Football

Yeah, they weren't sure that they were going to be running this year, but got the go-ahead just recently. I'm definitely in for one this year, if we can get people actually committed to it. People who will actually show up for the draft and stick around all season, too...

Just now, bearpants said:

Count me in... would this be a legitimate fantasy league where you pick a team and stick with it or is it like TSN's where you change up your team every week using a salary cap?

Legit. 8 teams, live fantasy draft, you stick with your roster but can add/drop players and make trades. There's a ratio, individual defensive players, the whole deal.

It's pretty much the best thing anyone can do with their time.

Sounds good... I'm in (unless the draft date/time doesn't work for some reason)... I have this thing called a "wedding" coming up in about 5 weeks and I have a feeling my future wife will make me prioritize that over this draft... I'm starting to reconsider all of my life decisions...

It somehow manages to make the CFL season even more fun by giving you additional reason to follow every team (to see how your players are doing), but honestly the most fun thing is the draft itself. It's a lot of fun to go back and forth about picks. The only downside is listening to Mike tell everyone how he can't believe Ottawa LB recruit ____________ _____________ outta NCAA Div 6 was still available in the 9th round of the draft (ERMAGHERD YER GERS!!11!!!)

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Sounds good... I'm in (unless the draft date/time doesn't work for some reason)... I have this thing called a "wedding" coming up in about 5 weeks and I have a feeling my future wife will make me prioritize that over this draft... I'm starting to reconsider all of my life decisions...

There was actually an episode of The League in which they held their fantasy draft at a destination wedding the night before. Hijinx ensued, the crew was chased around a hotel by JJ Watt, and the would-be bride was blinded by sperm. So if I've learned anything it's that weddings and fantasy football do not mix.

There's still time to cancel! ;)

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It somehow manages to make the CFL season even more fun by giving you additional reason to follow every team (to see how your players are doing), but honestly the most fun thing is the draft itself. It's a lot of fun to go back and forth about picks. The only downside is listening to Mike tell everyone how he can't believe Ottawa LB recruit ____________ _____________ outta NCAA Div 6 was still available in the 9th round of the draft (ERMAGHERD YER GERS!!11!!!)

You're just mad because your team probably would've been better off drafting dead guys last year, Ottawa style.

STEAL OF THE DRAFT COMING UP RIGHT HERE

(I already have mine for this year)

28 minutes ago, Mike said:

You're just mad because your team probably would've been better off drafting dead guys last year, Ottawa style.

STEAL OF THE DRAFT COMING UP RIGHT HERE

(I already have mine for this year)

Didn't I beat you last year with an auto picked team? I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GUY WAS EVEN AVAILABLE!!!!

3 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

People who don't pick their own team are the worst kind of people. Commit to the draft!

Hey I at least made a ranked list for it to work off of so in essence it was kind of my picking, except it ****** me over on the Canadians a bit. I'd also like to point out that we moved the draft to a day that didn't work for me to cater to a guy who didn't even show up that day anyway. 

Right on. I've created the league. I made sure to set the ratio requirements prior to the draft, so if someone is forced into auto draft for whatever reason it should consider the Canadian count (I seem to recall the ratio getting adjusted after the draft, which may be why 17 got boned) When I'm back in front of my pc I'll start sending out some pm's. There is no cost involved but I may spring the $5 to get live stats.

MOBomberFan

Noeller

BearPants 

17to85

THE Mike (I'm simply a Mike)

JPan85

WBBFanWest

Possibly BigBlue204

That would make 8. Is anyone else interested if someone can't make the draft? Or if thee is enough interest there could be a 2nd league.

58 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Right on. I've created the league. I made sure to set the ratio requirements prior to the draft, so if someone is forced into auto draft for whatever reason it should consider the Canadian count (I seem to recall the ratio getting adjusted after the draft, which may be why 17 got boned) 

I think it was just a case of the thing went straight down the ranking and didn't take into consideration how many canadians or non canadians you had or didn't have. It's just the limitations of automating it, when you're sitting there yourself and you see a decent Canadians available you make the call to draft him over someone you might have rated higher but don't need as badly as you need a good canadian. Thankfully with 9 teams in the CFL there are a lot more options to fix things after a draft. It was a lot harder when you did these drafts with 8 CFL teams and 8 fantasy teams.