bombers draft in review.

wbbfan

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Must be looking at NI safety now that Leggett is SAM, no way Waggoner displaces Bass or Wild

One of Waggoner, Loffler, Morgan, Sherman rotating at safety

Shologan, Westerman, Goossen, Chung, Harris, Kohlert, Neufeld

Corney and Thomas rotating on the line

No need for Hurl or Bucknor as starters...

I'd rather start Bucknor or Hurl than have a rotation of below average players at safety. 

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

I'd rather start Bucknor or Hurl than have a rotation of below average players at safety. 

Im thinking the point of drafting Waggoner, Morgan and Loffler is that we believe they are not below average...

I don't mean rotating all of them - just whichever one of them rises to the top.  Way less damage than Hurl or Buckner getting picked on

14 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Im thinking the point of drafting Waggoner, Morgan and Loffler is that we believe they are not below average...

I don't mean rotating all of them - just whichever one of them rises to the top.  Way less damage than Hurl or Buckner getting picked on

im still confused as to how we can call players below average if we have never seen them line up at safety before. 

19 hours ago, bustamente said:

At 320 does Butcher stay on the d line or does he flip to the o line and if he stays on d is he a good enough run stopper.

Wow with a guy like Butcher he could play NT in a 3-4 over the 0 & 1 technique & be a force to be reckoned with. If he can run at 325 lbs I hope they don't make him shed the weight to 290-300 lbs. In a 4-3 he'd have to be lighter.

3 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

im still confused as to how we can call players below average if we have never seen them line up at safety before. 

Loffler sounds more game ready than Waggoner from everything I heard & read yesterday. We'll see what happens.

Well not everyone can make the team.  If all the draft picks sign, we'll have 34 Canadians on the roster.  I think it's safe to say that most of the draft picks won't be a factor this season, whether that means they get cut, go back to school, or sit on the practice roster.

Corney and Couture will make it but if they want Loffler on the roster then that probably means one of our vet Canadian DBs has gotta go.  If we decide against starting a Canadian defensive back, I wonder if they would cut Bucknor outright.  Or would they give up on Brendan Morgan or Derek Jones?  Could be some interesting decisions by the end of training camp.

Lots of competition at linebacker too.  I can't see Rush and Gauthier both making the team...

Edited by Atomic

2 hours ago, SPuDS said:

This isn't Rider fans guy. We're supposed to be the half way impartial/intelligent fan base that doesn't believe every ham n egger is starting material. 

30 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

This isn't Rider fans guy. We're supposed to be the half way impartial/intelligent fan base that doesn't believe every ham n egger is starting material. 

we also arent supposed to S*** on players based on very little. Waggoner has shown some flashes and has a year of learning under his belt. Loffler has had none of that and has had several serious injury problems. Even walters said that hes a prospect and a guy that maybe can contribute on teams this year.

3 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Loffler sounds more game ready than Waggoner from everything I heard & read yesterday. We'll see what happens.

Loffler's just getting the standard post-draft tire pumping from Walters.  I'm pretty sure Waggoner got far more psi blown up his wazoo last year.

More likely Walters wanted to keep the topic on this crop of draft picks, rather than playing the "where would Waggoner have been drafted" game.

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

we also arent supposed to S*** on players based on very little. Waggoner has shown some flashes and has a year of learning under his belt. Loffler has had none of that and has had several serious injury problems. Even walters said that hes a prospect and a guy that maybe can contribute on teams this year.

im not saying these guys can't be quality starters in the future. I'm saying we have no reason to believe they'll be better than replacement level players in 2016. I wouldn't be penciling any of them in for starting jobs this year, one of them is going to have to come out and take it in camp. 

6 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

im not saying these guys can't be quality starters in the future. I'm saying we have no reason to believe they'll be better than replacement level players in 2016. I wouldn't be penciling any of them in for starting jobs this year, one of them is going to have to come out and take it in camp. 

thats true of the draftees mostly. but waggoner doesnt fall under that. A year of practices, STs some game time on D, and a full TC is huge.

Couture is likely OL #7, behind the 4 other NIs and whichever two I start.

Corney is likely a rotational DL this year.

Loffler (not sure).

Gauthier, STer this year.

The other OL goes back to school.

Butcher on the PR or back to school.

Who among us is overinflating the tires?

32 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Loffler's just getting the standard post-draft tire pumping from Walters.  I'm pretty sure Waggoner got far more psi blown up his wazoo last year.

More likely Walters wanted to keep the topic on this crop of draft picks, rather than playing the "where would Waggoner have been drafted" game.

And people say I'm negative. I will, at least give the draftees a chance before I start criticizing Walters picks.

Edited by iso_55