Final Draft Rankings

Noeller

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

Not sure who this guy is... but other than the fear of Bouka's availability, I wouldn't mind if this is how the Bombers first 3 picks played out...

http://lastwordonsports.com/2016/05/03/cfl-mock-draft-version-3/

Dude has waaaaay overthought this.

I'm never going to mock someone's mock draft, cause he's putting himself out there, but this is the CFL.  As soon as the second Olineman comes off the board, the GM's are going to do their usual panic about a run on Olinemen and turn it into a self fulfilling prophecy.  He's got 4 Olinemen in the first round and 2 in the second.  All 6 of those will probably be gone within the first 9 picks.  Lauzon-Seguin will not be around for round 3.  And those 4 NFL contracts don't seem to have any impact at all in his mind.  Tevaughn Smith at 4th overall?  I can't imagine a team risks a pick that high on him unless they are absolutely flush with NI talent.

His reasoning is sound and he makes a lot of intelligent points about the players and the teams, he's just ignoring that the GMs won't be able to keep themselves from reverting to the same old CFL patterns.

I've tried Googling, but not really getting anywhere -- anybody seen TSN mention anything about their coverage of the draft? Just curious if it'll be in the evening or day time, and how many rounds they might show on TV before going online-only....

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

Dude has waaaaay overthought this.

I'm never going to mock someone's mock draft, cause he's putting himself out there, but this is the CFL.  As soon as the second Olineman comes off the board, the GM's are going to do their usual panic about a run on Olinemen and turn it into a self fulfilling prophecy.  He's got 4 Olinemen in the first round and 2 in the second.  All 6 of those will probably be gone within the first 9 picks.  Lauzon-Seguin will not be around for round 3.  And those 4 NFL contracts don't seem to have any impact at all in his mind.  Tevaughn Smith at 4th overall?  I can't imagine a team risks a pick that high on him unless they are absolutely flush with NI talent.

His reasoning is sound and he makes a lot of intelligent points about the players and the teams, he's just ignoring that the GMs won't be able to keep themselves from reverting to the same old CFL patterns.

His reasoning is terrible, but I don't expect much more from a guy who essentially stole his first version from another blogger. He has little to no idea.

Dunk just released his mock 3.0 

St John goes 1st to Sask. 

Interesting that he has us taking Singleton at 9 this time. 

Think he's got about 4 or 5 oline going in the first. Loffler doesn't go in the 1st this time. 

Edited by Goalie

51 minutes ago, Mike said:

His reasoning is terrible, but I don't expect much more from a guy who essentially stole his first version from another blogger. He has little to no idea.

I choose kindness over honesty.

42 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Dunk just released his mock 3.0 

St John goes 1st to Sask. 

Interesting that he has us taking Singleton at 9 this time. 

Think he's got about 4 or 5 oline going in the first. Loffler doesn't go in the 1st this time. 

6 Olinemen in the first.  That's classic CFL GM-ing.

My draft day wishlist:

1) If David O. is still available after 27 picks have been made, we use pick number 28 on him.

2) None of our picks in the first 3 rounds is used on a useless receiver because he might be "good on teams".  Go for the brass ring Walters.  Potential starters.  Potential rotation players.  No Anthony Smith types until at least the 5th round.

That is all.  It's not like I've scouted these guys.

7 hours ago, mbrg said:

I choose kindness over honesty.

I was curious about this dude's other writing. He had an article on CFL starting QBs:

When Winnipeg acquired Matt Nichols last year, many presumed him to be the backup to Drew Willy. Nichols did impress last season and with Willy being unable to stay healthy, Nichols will have a legitimate shot in training camp to be the starter. With an entire new offence under Paul LaPolice, it puts both quarterbacks on even playing grounds, and ultimately training camp will decide  who starts between. Willy is the starter but has two-three bad games in row and Nichols takes over in Week six or seven.

:lol:

13 hours ago, mbrg said:

My draft day wishlist:

1) If David O. is still available after 27 picks have been made, we use pick number 28 on him.

2) None of our picks in the first 3 rounds is used on a useless receiver because he might be "good on teams".  Go for the brass ring Walters.  Potential starters.  Potential rotation players.  No Anthony Smith types until at least the 5th round.

That is all.  It's not like I've scouted these guys.

So far Walters has drafted useless receivers because they have nice testing and CIS numbers.  If he drafted a useless receiver who could play special teams that would be an improvement.  Draft solid football players, have a good football team.  Draft projects, stay in neutral.

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Would think Singleton his top three...

Like to see Wpg take an OL and Timmis/Butcher then another OL in third round

I feel like Timmis or Butcher might be a reach in the 9/10 range.  Also I don't think we really need a runningback.

My preference would be any OL not named Dillon Guy at 9, Trent Corney at 10, and then try and snag a receiver at 19.  That gives us 3 good players right off the hop at positions where we could use them.

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League has revealed details on the time and broadcast information for the 2016 CFL Draft, which will be televised on TSN2 and RDS2 from 7 p.m. to  8 p.m. ET on May 10.

The league also announced Wednesday that the draft has expanded from seven to eight rounds.

“With the emerging Canadian football talent across all levels, general managers across the CFL agreed that expanding the draft would be beneficial to the league.” said Glen Johnson, senior vice president, football.

Adding a round to the CFL Draft allows nine more Canadians the opportunity for a training camp invite, as well as giving these players, who may return to school for their fifth year, to get professional experience, helping in their development.

For the teams, it gives them an additional player in training camp who does not count toward their overall maximum roster limit.

Since 2013, the CFL Draft consisted of seven rounds of selections and from 1997 to 2012 the draft concluded after six rounds.

It was also announced that TSN2 and RDS2 will broadcast the CFL Draft on television from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. ET with subsequent rounds being streamed live on TSN GO.

TSN’s CFL Draft team will be hosted by Farhan Lalji, joined by CFL on TSN analyst and CFL Draft guru Duane Forde, who has covered the draft on 11 previous occasions. Joining Lalji and Forde will be CFL Insider Gary Lawless, CFL on TSN analyst Chris Schultz and Lee Barette, founder of the pre-eminent website on football prospects in Canada, CanadaFootballChat.com.

RDS’ Draft team will consist of host Matthieu Proulx as well as a trio of analysts, Bruno Heppell, Didier Orméjuste and Pierre Vercheval.

CFL.ca will have wall-to-wall coverage with instant analysis, exclusive interviews and official Draft Tracker for fans to keep their eye on for all eight rounds.

Barring any trades, the order for the first round of the 2016 CFL Draft is as follows:

1. Saskatchewan Roughriders
Winnipeg Blue Bombers*
2. Montreal Alouettes
3. BC Lions
4. Toronto Argonauts
5. Hamilton Tiger-Cats
6. Calgary Stampeders
7. Ottawa REDBLACKS
8. Edmonton Eskimos

*Winnipeg forfeited its first round selection in the supplemental draft to select Garrett Waggoner.

The Canadian Football League regular season kicks off June 23 when the Toronto Argonauts host the Hamilton Tiger-Cats at their new home at BMO Field. It culminates with the playing of the 104th Grey Cup on Nov. 27, also in Toronto.