Donald Trump

Blueballz

I think you are underestimating the amount of racists living in the US. I also think that you are underestimating the amount of American people who are sick and tired of career politicians. Trump has a very real chance to win. Yeah he pisses some people off. .. yeah he's not politically correct but really that's why lots and lots of people like him. He might be uninformed on lots of issues but he is saying it differently... he's speaking to the normal American who is tired of the same old same old and it's working and I wouldn't be surprised if he absolutely destroys hillary Clinton and wins the presidency. 

Would I vote for him?If it was a choice between him and Hillary?  I probably would.  Doesn't mean I agree with trump. Just means I'm sick of the same old same old. Trump will probably win. Don't be surprised if he does. Also don't be surprised if the vice president he picks is the one actually running things 

Edited by Goalie

47 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think you are underestimating the amount of racists living in the US. I also think that you are underestimating the amount of American people who are sick and tired of career politicians. Trump has a very real chance to win. Yeah he pisses some people off. .. yeah he's not politically correct but really that's why lots and lots of people like him. He might be uninformed on lots of issues but he is saying it differently... he's speaking to the normal American who is tired of the same old same old and it's working and I wouldn't be surprised if he absolutely destroys hillary Clinton and wins the presidency. 

Would I vote for him?If it was a choice between him and Hillary?  I probably would.  Doesn't mean I agree with trump. Just means I'm sick of the same old same old. Trump will probably win. Don't be surprised if he does. Also don't be surprised if the vice president he picks is the one actually running things 

I have to hand it to Trump, despite the message he is conveying he is a great public speaker who can ramble on effortlessly for 45 minutes almost unscripted.  Can't recall the last politician that could do that and retain a crowds attention.

On 03/06/2016 at 10:58 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Trump, back in the news.

Trump on black supporter: 'Look at my African-American over here

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/03/politi...can/index.html

The presumptive Republican nominee has repeatedly hit back at charges that he is racist by insisting he is "the least racist person that you have ever met."

generally if you have to make that statement... well that speaks for itself....

12 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I have to hand it to Trump, despite the message he is conveying he is a great public speaker who can ramble on effortlessly for 45 minutes almost unscripted.  Can't recall the last politician that could do that and retain a crowds attention.

He also has an impressive ability to take a tough question and dance around it for several minutes without actually answering the question... who says this guy isn't a politician!

1 hour ago, Jacquie said:

Trump did an interview the other day with Jake Tapper who asked him whether his comments about the judge from the Trump University lawsuit were racist. Tapper asked it 23 times before he got a yes/no answer from Trump.

For all you Trump supporters, explain this one for me. I also saw him take the similar approach with an interviewer who asked him about the KKK Duke's endorsement of him and what he thought about that.

The explanation can't include 'other people do the same thing'. I'm not talking about other people here. I'll get to them later.

It also can't include, 'he's doing it so he doesn't lose votes'.

2 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Trump did an interview the other day with Jake Tapper who asked him whether his comments about the judge from the Trump University lawsuit were racist. Tapper asked it 23 times before he got a yes/no answer from Trump.

I wonder if Jake and crew treat Democratic candidates like this too.  Oh right, no they don't.  

I would guess he knows the next question would be "then why did you say....." and he likes to control the message, not have them control him.  Possibly he also believes its so obvious he isnt racist (not saying its obvious, saying HE thinks its obvious) that he considers the question stupid and irrelevant and therefore must be a set up.

34 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Whats the question?  Why doesnt he immediately say "No, Im not racist?"

I agree.  He should say that.  But you know what, having just been in the US recently, I can tell you that no one cares.  The media is just in a frenzy over Trump right now, and will report anything and everything Trump.  He is going to steam roll Hilary.  It's not even going to be close.

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I wonder if Jake and crew treat Democratic candidates like this too.  Oh right, no they don't.  

Okay for arguments sake lets say you're right. What has that got to do with him not answering the question right away? Because the media doesn't treat his opponents the same is why I delay my response in saying I'm not a racist?

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Okay for arguments sake lets say you're right. What has that got to do with him not answering the question right away? Because the media doesn't treat his opponents the same is why I delay my response in saying I'm not a racist?

What is the point of answering the question.  All of Trump's critics have already pre-judged him as one, and well, it's not exactly undeserved given his comments about Mexicans, which is about as racist as it gets.  So if he says "no", everyone would just say "yes you are".  So really, it's a pointless question, at least in my view.

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

What is the point of answering the question.  All of Trump's critics have already pre-judged him as one, and well, it's not exactly undeserved given his comments about Mexicans, which is about as racist as it gets.  So if he says "no", everyone would just say "yes you are".  So really, it's a pointless question, at least in my view.

KBF, I saw that interview & Trump refused to answer Tapper's questions. Constantly talking over Tapper. He was being a bully the entire time. Everytime Tapper asked a question Trump acted like a moron.

It could be an advisor saying "do not answer questions about being a racist" because then he headline is "Trump Insists He's Not A Racist" which really is a story about Trump being racist.

Ive seen some of the questions being asked and Im not sure they're entirely fair.  One reporter asked him basically "isnt saying his ethnicity influences his judgement, racist?"  ie. Trying to get Trump to say its a racial thing.  But I dont think anyone would find it unreasonable for a person to be influenced by their ethnicity.  Especially in America where everyone wears the flag...so if they can be influenced by being American, why cant someone be influenced by being Mexican or whatever?

Not saying thats the case but its not racist to ask the question.  Trump U was a scam anyway and Donald is just trying to influence the judge himself.

8 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

KBF, I saw that interview & Trump refused to answer Tapper's questions. Constantly talking over Tapper. He was being a bully the entire time. Everytime Tapper asked a question Trump acted like a moron.

Fair enough.  I don't want to be seen as defending Trump, that's for sure.  I actually find both him, and Hillary, equally repulsive.

13 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Fair enough.  I don't want to be seen as defending Trump, that's for sure.  I actually find both him, and Hillary, equally repulsive.

Yeah, Trump just gave Tapper that same look he always does & kept interrupting, trying to shout down Tapper who did a great job not backing down from asking the question.

18 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It could be an advisor saying "do not answer questions about being a racist" because then he headline is "Trump Insists He's Not A Racist" which really is a story about Trump being racist.

Ive seen some of the questions being asked and Im not sure they're entirely fair.  One reporter asked him basically "isnt saying his ethnicity influences his judgement, racist?"  ie. Trying to get Trump to say its a racial thing.  But I dont think anyone would find it unreasonable for a person to be influenced by their ethnicity.  Especially in America where everyone wears the flag...so if they can be influenced by being American, why cant someone be influenced by being Mexican or whatever?

Not saying thats the case but its not racist to ask the question.  Trump U was a scam anyway and Donald is just trying to influence the judge himself.

Trump called the judge a Mexican. Even though the judge was born in Indiana. It was a ridiculous thing to say. I don't know Trump's ethnicity but do you think he'd call himself anything but American? Doubt it.

1 minute ago, iso_55 said:

Yeah, Trump just gave Tapper that same look he always does & kept interrupting, trying to shout down Tapper who did a great job not backing down from asking the question.

Sounds like Vince McMahon style.  I dont think Trump would be a disaster as much as some do but he will be tough to deal with as President.  Im still betting on Hilary.  Bill back in the white house should be fun!

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Why are they scared?  Are they in the US illegally?

I don't know if they are illegals. I didn't ask to see their papers.

I did talk to one guy at length about his story. He came to America as a child.  He was a refugee legally admitted during the Somali civil war of the 1990s. He arrived here alone, his family and parents had disappeared in the chaos.

A few years ago, after growing up in the USA, he made contact again with his family via the Internet. Now he sends them money regularly and hopes to someday bring them here, at least for a visit. He's worried that Trump is going to seize those renumerations, as he's vowed to do to Mexicans. He's also worried his family will never get to come to visit him, and that if he goes to visit them he will not be allowed back in, even though he holds a U.S. green card.

2 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I don't know if they are illegals. I didn't ask to see their papers.

I did talk to one guy at length about his story. He came to America as a child.  He was a refugee legally admitted during the Somali civil war of the 1990s. He arrived here alone, his family and parents had disappeared in the chaos.

A few years ago, after growing up in the USA, he made contact again with his family via the Internet. Now he sends them money regularly and hopes to someday bring them here, at least for a visit. He's worried that Trump is going to seize those renumerations, as he's vowed to do to Mexicans. He's also worried his family will never get to come to visit him, and that if he goes to visit them he will not be allowed back in, even though he holds a U.S. green card.

His story sounds a lot like both of my grandmothers and how they came to Canada.  I honestly think there is a ton of fear-mongering going on.  Why would Trump not allow people back in if they have Green cards?  Makes no sense.