Donald Trump

Blueballz

When I was 19/20 I worked for a popular nightclub in Winnipeg and on Monday's they had "alternative night" which had a large gay clientele.  Most of the bouncers didnt want to work it but I was new and I wanted to work.  I recall being hit on or complimented many times by guys (in a similar way I was hit on or complimented by women) and couple of my co workers would get physically agitated and ask me why I didnt punch the guy out etc.  And I remember saying why would i?  it's a compliment.  This was a long time ago mind you but I always thought it odd that the guys who professed such outward masculinity were seemingly so concerned about being turned to the gay side. 

7 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Oh boy. I have no intention in weighing in on whether you are or aren't homophobic, but this is the worst defense against it.

I appreciate that sweep the leg as I'm not. Truly I'm not. I may have not used the best words to describe my thoughts on the post in question but when I say I'm not homophobic it's true. I just don't agree with transgender public washrooms. It's going to  take a lot of convincing to change my mind.

14 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

I appreciate that sweep the leg as I'm not. Truly I'm not. I may have not used the best words to describe my thoughts on the post in question but when I say I'm not homophobic it's true. I just don't agree with transgender public washrooms. It's going to  take a lot of convincing to change my mind.

Why not? What is your concern? Knowing there is zero evidence to support an irrational fear of LGBT as predators. 

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Why not? What is your concern? Knowing there is zero evidence to support an irrational fear of LGBT as predators. 

It's my opinion & last time I looked we still have (sort of) free speech in this country. I didn't say anything hateful about transgender individuals or transgender washrooms other than I don't agree with them.

Edited by iso_55

1 minute ago, iso_55 said:

It's my opinion & last time I looked we still have (sort of) free speech in this country. I didn't say anything hateful about transgender washrooms other than I don't agree with them.

So why are you reluctant to explain why?  If you don't want to, so be it but then its sort of odd to argue the point without being able to say why.  There are a couple of links in this thread you should read.  Perhaps you're not as opposed as you think.  Perhaps you might change your mind after careful consideration.  

I used to be a steadfast opposer of pot.  Never done it.  But I watched a couple of documentaries, read some things, listened to some opinions and changed my mind about the use and legality.  Minds can change if they're open.

All due respect TUP, I don't owe you any more explanations. It's what I believe. My opinion alone isn't going to change things. It's what I believe so let's leave it at that as we have discussed this quite a bit. I get it that you don't agree but that's as far as I'll go discussing this.

7 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So Trump has another big day and is the presumptive republican nominee.  Seems to be mellowing a bit to...at least slightly.

Looks very much like Trump vs Clinton now.

Mellowing? I don't know. He's already played the "woman card" saying if Hillary Clinton was a man she'd only get 5% of the vote. 

It may be interesting to see how he behaves should he go head-to-head with Clinton. He has publicly supported her in the past. His daughter Ivanka and Chelsea Clinton are very good friends. 

25 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Its almost embarrassing watching Cruz and Kasich at this point. Give it up its over.

They know it's over but they are positioning themselves as the guys who tried to save the country and the party. Announcing a running mate, a woman no less who was picked on by Trump is all about four years from now. 

This is so scary. Before Cruz dropped out Trump was actually using a report from the National Enquirer that claimed Cruz's father had been an associate of Lee Harvey Oswald. :rolleyes: What a nut case.

Edited by Jacquie

It was stupid of Trump to run off half cocked about the Cruz/Oswald thing but the allegation is somewhat supported by a couple of experts.  They dont say with certainty that it's Cruz' rather in the photo and didnt use face recognition software because the images are too grainy.  They determined there was no photo manipulation and then compared by eye.  One of the experts has asked Cruz to release more images of his father from that period so they can be sure.

So it's not like he made up a story like Cruz' brother is bigfoot or Hilary Clinton is a reptile.  There is *some* basis for the discussion but it's really irresponsible to do it and, in my opinion, says more about Trump's fitness for making decisions than it does about Cruz.  But hey, if Trump is that interested, perhaps he can promise to release all classified documents pertaining to the JFK assassination should he be elected President.

9 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

The left cheering for the destruction of the right makes for fun reading on the CBC.  I agree Trump likely doesnt win but the idea he has zero chance is the same thing they said when he announced he was running, that he had zero chance to be the nominee.  Dont count him out.

The Republican Party needs to be rebuilt.  They let the far right get too much power.  When Ted Cruz is the supposed voice of reason, the party is in trouble.  Big trouble.  I'd rather see the right wing nuts form their own party so the forces of moderation in the party at large dont lend any sort of credence to the nonsense from that side.