Andrew Ladd

Ducky

Not as big as you think. Hall, RNH, Eberle, McDavid, Drai, Klefbom, Nurse, Davidson.....all safe. Guys like Schultz, Yak, Purcell....likely a couple others.....on the way out, for sure. Schultz on the market for the last 6 months and nobody wants him. His stock has crashed THAT hard...

50 minutes ago, mbrg said:

If he was looking for a defenceman who skates the puck up to center, meets light resistance, turns around and skates it back into his own end and then turns it over, he should have seen all he needs to.  Enstrom is his man.

I love it when Toby is in the corner with the puck and someone from the other team lightly bumps him and he hands them the puck and skates away.  Favorite move by far.

Dreger says, without too much digging, that Chevy is starting to make calls this morning and actively seeing what is out there. Not only for Ladd though. I think he is gone but would sign him to 5 years for 29m. 7, 7, 6, 5, 4. NMC for the first two and can trade him (so many teams) after two. Best would be to trade him for NHL ready prospect(s).

Dreger speaking here about the Jets.....pretty good convo.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/what-s-the-latest-on-ladd~815739

LOL. Ladd wouldn't accept that offer. he turned down 6 x 6, why would he take that... It won't happen.

I hope Chevy moves a bunch of guys out.. a bunch. It needs to be done. This team needs change, significant real change. If it means struggling next year also, so be it, but coming back with this same group for a 6th straight year would be stupid. 

I want no part of Pirri at all, guy is a defensive black hole, pass on him.  I hope Chevy can get a better deal than that. Mattheson has been compared to Paul Postma so pass on him also. Don't see the hype with him.

I'd rather take Pokka plus a 1st from Chicago than a deal involving mattheson and pirri. That's awful. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8477422

What about this guy?  McCoshen looks good too.  If they get Pirri and a first on top of that then it's good to go.

Any deal involving Brandon Pirri is a huge loss. Guys a defensive black hole, Just awful.

The only thing of value is the 1st, that's it. McCoshen would be good, the other 2? no thanks.

Pirri and Mattheson ? 

If that happens, next time you see Chevy, i bet he's walking kind of funny cuz dude just got bent over hard. 

Edited by Goalie

Chevy likes Pirri....wouldn't surprise me in the least if he were involved in the deal.

Who compared Matheson to Postma? I have read nothing but good things about him. Like I said, I'd sooner add to Ladd and get Crouse.

It seems the Hawks are going hard after Boedker.

Look at his stats and tell me he isn't worth it. Trade him in 3 years or so if he diminishes... He'll get at least 6 years and at least 6m per year this summer...he is the most sought after UFA this year...he will bring back a bushel of assets and Chevy will trade him.

I may be wrong but i think that 1 of the panelist's on TSN said that Ladd's starting point was 7.2 million, if this is true then Ladd had no intention of signing with the Jets because he knew they would never give him anything close to that. The end game for Ladd from the beginning was to become a free agent, of course he has said all the politically correct answers about the city and team but in reality he wants to win another cup and that's not gonna happen here in the next 5 years.  This could become a big problem for the Jets if they don't put together a playoff contender quick as the impending UFA's will look to get out.