Andrew Ladd

Ducky

56 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

i hope the fans in attendance tonight give him a resounding sense of appreciation for his contribution to the Jets.  I still remember when he flew up here on his dime to check the place out because his team mates were calling him, as the Captain, asking what was up with Winnipeg...

I will be in attendance tonight - section 324 whaaaaat up?!  I'll certainly give him a standing O during player intro's, and hopefully a few cheers when he touches the puck or lays a check.

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Or takes another stupid penalty in the offensive zone

Let's see. 58 GP this year. 3 fights, by my count. 39 PIMS. So 12 minor penalties in 58 games. I wonder how many qualify as "stupid". 

But hey, you're 100% right. Terrible hockey player. Forget a trade, just cut him now. 

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If he's so bummed about leaving Winnipeg, then just sign here in free agency...  $6 mill for four years.  Problem solved, everybody happy again.

If he was that bummed about leaving Winnipeg, he'd sign right now.  Takes two to tango.  Seems Jets have come up as much as they are willing and he's come down as much as he's willing.  That wont change in July when 29 other teams are offering deals.

Took a quick look at Jets advanced stats...  Ladd is about middle of the pack - if Chevy is a stats freak like we're told, then there's no way he can go over $6 mill with him

What is clear is that Burmi, Stuart and Thorburn have to go... consistently the worst ranking players

13 minutes ago, Floyd said:

What is clear is that Burmi, Stuart and Thorburn have to go... consistently the worst ranking players

All 3 making low amounts of money and all expected to be and play on the lesser lines... not really a huge concern IMO for the Jets.   

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

All 3 making low amounts of money and all expected to be and play on the lesser lines... not really a huge concern IMO for the Jets.   

Aside from the fact that Burmi was on the 3rd line for most of the season, Thorbs for a good chunk too

Stuart is basically our worst penalty killer yet had been PK for a huge part of the season...

Thats a concern.

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Let's see. 58 GP this year. 3 fights, by my count. 39 PIMS. So 12 minor penalties in 58 games. I wonder how many qualify as "stupid". 

But hey, you're 100% right. Terrible hockey player. Forget a trade, just cut him now. 

I'm right about what?  I didn't say he was a terrible hockey player.  I think you are over-reacting a bit here. 

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

This thing's getting done within 24 hrs, methinks.

That would seem to make sense.  If Jets have made the decision, why risk injury and why have a player who is helping you potentially win when that is counter productive right now?  I think the only thing you gain by waiting is hoping for a crazy bidding war.  But there are risk.  And Chevy strikes me as a pragmatist who wont wait just to wait.  If he gets what he wants, pull the trigger now.

52 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Ladd taking too many penalties is a myth...

He's right around the same as Enstrom and Wheeler.

I didn't say he took too many.  He just takes stupid penalties in the offensive zone.  I watched him take a cross-checking penalty right in front of me at the Arizona game in the offensive zone for absolutely no reason, just cross-checked OEL right in the back.  Granted OEL went down like a wet noodle and cried out like a baby, but it was just dumb.

Anyway, Ladd is a good player, which is why his trade value right now is so high.  He'd bolster anybody's team for a playoff run, especially when the refs aren't calling the chicken **** cross checking crap in front of the net that Ladd gets dinged for all too often.

Id even say it could get done today but with at least scouts in attendance tonight that probably earns them all the chance to make their final offer tomorrow...  Although, dont they know what they have in Ladd?  So who are they scouting?  Perhaps its a bigger deal and they are scouting secondary pieces.

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Id even say it could get done today but with at least scouts in attendance tonight that probably earns them all the chance to make their final offer tomorrow...  Although, dont they know what they have in Ladd?  So who are they scouting?  Perhaps its a bigger deal and they are scouting secondary pieces.

That was my first thought when I saw that Bowman is going to be in the house tonight.  Ladd is a known quantity but if it's a package deal then they may want more info.