Andrew Ladd

Ducky

If there have been no contract discussions since December and the Jets are dead set at trading Ladd, why is he playing tonight if he gets injured nothing happens at the deadline and Ladd will hold all the power you will have to give him what he wants or he will walk and the Jets get nothing. Since he is playing i believe the Jets have not closed the door yet and there is a possibility that he will be signed soon.

Edited by bustamente

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Is Ladd going to make us a contender or just tie up cap space?

No one player can make a team a cup contender. It's more like will retaining Ladd help put us over the top from pretenders to contenders? With what he's shown and with what's coming up the ranks I'd say possibly yes.  Trading away Ladd I sense we break even unless Chevy completely hoodwinks someone.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

No one player can make a team a cup contender. It's more like will retaining Ladd help put us over the top from pretenders to contenders? With what he's shown and with what's coming up the ranks I'd say possibly yes.  Trading away Ladd I sense we break even unless Chevy completely hoodwinks someone.

You want to surround your great prospects with the right kind of vets who can teach them properly. That's what Ladd can do. I'm not sure how much longer he should be wearing the C and playing big minutes but I like him as a L2/L3 W for another 5 years if we can pay him as such. 

Ladd can say all the right things about the city and about the team but in the end he is 30 years old and this is his last contract so he wants max dollars and truthfully i don't think he cares where he plays as long as he gets the money he is looking for, will he get it as a free agent, does he even become a free agent we will see.

Thing of the Ladds like it here. And have roots here and everything else then it might be a business but you still need to make a decision about your life. Lots of people take less money to work where they want to. I think ladd is pressured a lot by the PA. 

$36m. Plus his prior earnings. In a middle class city like winnipeg. How much does he need. Is $3-$4m going to make all the difference to him?  Yeah it's a lot of money. But love in Vancouver or New York. That will eat that money up and then some. 

Wheeler saying he couldn't believe this is happening. Well if ladd took what wheeler took or a bit less he'd be here long term

If I was a media member... I'd ask wheeler this 

Do you want to play with your friends and lose or do you want to win. 

I think there are some issues here. Wheeler can't believe it? It's a business man. Get over it. You are paid to play hockey. I get these guys are friends but bottom line is this group has been together a while now and can't get the job done.  Bottom line here is if this group proves they were a playoff team...Ladd would probably be signed. But at almost 7 million a year... not a chance. Change is needed. Big time and wheeler as much as I like him... if he doesn't want to be here cuz Ladd won't be...get rid of him also.

5 minutes ago, Blueballz said:

Ladd for a 1st rounder and prospects...get 'er done. Keep restocking the "shelves". No need to drag this out any longer.

Like Ladd the person, class act but as a player don't think he's worth what he's asking.

No point in rushing the trade,   Ladd is the top guy in the market so Chevy definitely will get an offer that will benefit us greatly.

Myers, a 3rd and Petan to Deadmonton for Hall and a 2nd.

Ladd and Chiarot to Chicago for Schmaltz, Pokka and a 2017 3rd rounder.

Staf and a 3rd to Florida for Mike Matheson and a 1st.

Burmi and Pavs and Peluso to the Blues for a first.

Thorbs and Stu to the Pens for a 3rd in 2016 and a 3rd in 2017.

We trade away about 25m per year in Ladd, Myers, Chiarot, Petan, Thorbs, Burmi, Stu, Pavs, and Peluso. (traded two 3rds got 3 back).

We get back Smaltz (1st round pick), Hall (1LW that is 24), St. Louis' 1st, Florida's 1st, Deadmonton's 2nd, Mike Matheson (1st round pick and first year LHD), a 3rd and that is about 8m in salary.

Trade some picks and prospects for Hamonic.

With the cash savings we are able to land a couple of UFAs like Okposo (6x6) to take Staf's place.

Next year...

Hall Scheif Ehlers 12.6

Connor Little Wheeler 11.3

Armia Perreault Okposo 11

Lemieux Lowry Schmaltz 4

Trouba Buff 13

Enstrom Hamonic 9.65

Matheson  Pokka 2

Helle Hutch 2

Carry Morrissey, Copp and Postma in the press box. 3

Scheif and Trouba signed long-term to 5.6m per year deals.

A playoff caliber team with 3 rookies on the team and a payroll of around 69m with a lot of picks and prospects still in the cupboard.

Edited by Ducky

7 hours ago, Ducky said:

Myers, a 3rd and Petan to Deadmonton for Hall and a 2nd.

Ladd and Chiarot to Chicago for Schmaltz, Pokka and a 2017 3rd rounder.

Staf and a 3rd to Florida for Mike Matheson and a 1st.

Burmi and Pavs and Peluso to the Blues for a first.

Thorbs and Stu to the Pens for a 3rd in 2016 and a 3rd in 2017.

We trade away about 25m per year in Ladd, Myers, Chiarot, Petan, Thorbs, Burmi, Stu, Pavs, and Peluso. (traded two 3rds got 3 back).

We get back Smaltz (1st round pick), Hall (1LW that is 24), St. Louis' 1st, Florida's 1st, Deadmonton's 2nd, Mike Matheson (1st round pick and first year LHD), a 3rd and that is about 8m in salary.

Trade some picks and prospects for Hamonic.

With the cash savings we are able to land a couple of UFAs like Okposo (6x6) to take Staf's place.

Next year...

Hall Scheif Ehlers 12.6

Connor Little Wheeler 11.3

Armia Perreault Okposo 11

Lemieux Lowry Schmaltz 4

Trouba Buff 13

Enstrom Hamonic 9.65

Matheson  Pokka 2

Helle Hutch 2

Carry Morrissey, Copp and Postma in the press box. 3

Scheif and Trouba signed long-term to 5.6m per year deals.

A playoff caliber team with 3 rookies on the team and a payroll of around 69m with a lot of picks and prospects still in the cupboard.

One catch - every single one of those trades gets turned down.