Andrew Ladd

Ducky

Chevy says Ladd had a 15 team list he could be traded to.

Things heated up in the last 24-48 hours.

He mentioned dealing with other GMs is like playing poker and there are a lot of other GMs kicking the tires.

I think Chevy did a good job with what he had to deal with and brought back what he thought was the best deal.

Good deal for both sides. I'm a Hawks fan too, so I'm stoked to see Ladder with Toews on the top line. He's gonna be HUGE for them with no letter, no responsibility, and just getting his game back now after the surgery. He'll be rejuvenated by the winning culture. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

They won't resign him. They gave him their best offer and he refused and left. The idea they will sign him in the summer is truly crazy talk. He's gone. He ain't coming back. 

Yeah, I wouldn't sign him either...  but you never know

Scheifele sure sent a message tonight that he's ready to lead this team anyway...

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Callers just skewering the trade...  no one seems to comprehend that we might still be able to sign Ladd

Chevy traded him to probably the best city in the league for Ladd and his family... and a team that can't afford to keep him

Wait. Callers are angry? 

We have buff Wheeler. 

Size and grit is over rated. Chicago isn't huge. Neither are Dallas. It's how you play that matters.  

Edmonton ignored D. And have players who all play the same. They are skilled O players with no D ability. Jets players are all pretty responsible defensively well the kids are... Scheif Armia even ehlers all play pretty good in their own zone. Oilers players don't. Dano is solid defensively also.

Dano has top 6 potential for sure. At worst he's a 40 point strong defensive 3rd line winger. His ceiling is Marian Hossa 

Edited by Goalie

7 minutes ago, Blueballz said:

Dano probably going to be a top 6 forward.

But damn...sooner or later we're going to need some size and grit, lest we become the Oilers 2.0

Dano is actually gritty. May not have the size although most stats seem to be outdated and he's bigger now. But it's said he plays into the corners and doesn't mind mixing it up.