Uniform changes with Adidas may not be dramatic

IC Khari

No, don't do that. I just don't understand why people get worked up over what names that fans put on their jerseys. Enough to mock or set up a website dedicated to doing just that. In regards to the Jets there are no classic jerseys you can buy from the WHA or NHL 1.0 era at their stores so if I put Hull 9 on a current Jets jersey it's not because I want to, it's because I have no choice. It's still my choice what I do.

BTW, I do have a Jets away jersey that I bought in 2011 when the announcement was made that the Thrashers were moving to Winnipeg. It's a Hawerchuk jersey from the 80's. Looks authentic in every way. Only wear it occasionally. If I ever get to a Jets home game I'll be sure to wear it.

3 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

not gonna lie everytime the coyotes are on TV at home and they mention shane doan passing his franchise point mark and showing the Hawerchuck name hanging in their building, i kinda wanna go kick something

It took Doan how long??? The comparison is a a joke. As far as kicking something, I hear ya.

8 hours ago, TrueBlue said:

The fact that they are still called the Jets is irrelevant when discussing this IMO.  Jets or not, Hawerchuk never played for our current hockey franchise. 

I'd consider the Cleveland Browns under a different light altogether because of the settlement they agreed on to to keep the city's history and team name when they were brought back into the NFL.   The Jets had no agreement like this in place.

Even if the Browns kept some sort of history, the former Cleveland players never played for the current Cleveland Browns franchise.  

Hawerchuk never played in Phoenix for Phoenix.  How could they have any connection to him, Thomas Steen, Doug Smail, Pokey Reddick or Bobby Hull?  Never.  They were Winnipeg Jets and will always be part of Winnipeg hockey history.

Having a Jets jersey with the 1.0 heros makes much more sense than that of a Kovalchuk, Heatley, Hossa, or Hedberg Jets jersey.

4 minutes ago, ALuCsRED said:

Even if the Browns kept some sort of history, the former Cleveland players never played for the current Cleveland Browns franchise.  

Hawerchuk never played in Phoenix for Phoenix.  How could they have any connection to him, Thomas Steen, Doug Smail, Pokey Reddick or Bobby Hull?  Never.  They were Winnipeg Jets and will always be part of Winnipeg hockey history.

Having a Jets jersey with the 1.0 heros makes much more sense than that of a Kovalchuk, Heatley, Hossa, or Hedberg Jets jersey.

Exactly. Who cares about those Atlanta guys? But... if a Jet fan wants a Marian Hossa jersey  that's their choice.

17 hours ago, Blueballz said:

How is this even a thread? My god season can't get here fast enough... #SMH

are you new here? :D

8 hours ago, ALuCsRED said:

Good point... I should get a Heatley jersey... except it will say #50in07...

Why are we talking about having the proper players on the proper franchise when The Bombers have ALWAYS been in Winnipeg? Maybe if we are talking about the Baltimore Stallions vs Montreal Allouettes I guess but not the Winnipeg Jets 1.0 vs 2.0. This is not the thread to do so. This is a football page not hockey. Take it where it's appropriate. 

That being said, the old Jets are NOT the new Jets. 1.0 belongs to the Coyotes and the Thrasher history belongs to Jets 2.0.

It'll be interesting what the heritage jerseys will look like. Will they go Thrasher cause I doubt the Coyotes will give up trademark of old Jets logo. But who knows...

Back to new CFL unis ... as mentioned, if the new threads are out in May and they are the classic design, I wonder if the team will eventually go to a third jersey. The mid 2000's gold jersey (trimmed in Royal Blue instead of Navy of course) would be OK with me if they ever decided to do that.

78135501-wes-cates-of-the-saskatchewan-r

Edited by IC Khari

1 hour ago, Duchkal2 said:

Why are we talking about having the proper players on the proper franchise when The Bombers have ALWAYS been in Winnipeg? Maybe if we are talking about the Baltimore Stallions vs Montreal Allouettes I guess but not the Winnipeg Jets 1.0 vs 2.0. This is not the thread to do so. This is a football page not hockey. Take it where it's appropriate. 

That being said, the old Jets are NOT the new Jets. 1.0 belongs to the Coyotes and the Thrasher history belongs to Jets 2.0.

It'll be interesting what the heritage jerseys will look like. Will they go Thrasher cause I doubt the Coyotes will give up trademark of old Jets logo. But who knows...

When the Jets moved to Phoenix, the old Jets logo became property of the NHL.  When True North bought the Thrashers, they also bought the rights to the old logo. 

I'm pretty sure the heritage jersey will either be the logo the Jets had when they left or the old WHA logo.  No way it is the Thrashers logo.

True North would sell a ton of old Jets Jerseys.   They'd be lucky if they sold 10 Thrashers jerseys.

20 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Please can we just have the retro uni's full time. PRETTY PLEASE! the last few years have been brutal enough just give us this one.

Fans have been waiting for the Bombers to do the same thing with their jerseys, go back to the classic look. I'll take the Bombers for now.

On 2/23/2016 at 4:20 PM, JCon said:

According to Google, we do get thrashers in southern Manitoba during summer breeding season.

I wonder what a Thrashers jersey, in Jets 1.0 colours would look like?

(I'm not suggesting they should do this and they certainly won't)

The funniest thing is that even before the move of ATL, we had a Winnipeg Thrashers team with the same logo - and still do.

Winnipeg Thrashers

42 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

How long have they been called the Thrashers?

Winnipeg Thrashers since 2004.  Previously the Winnipeg Sharks.

As for the Thrashers name and history, wikipedia states:

"True North stated that the announcement of the team's name would not be made until after the successful completion of the season ticket drive at the absolute earliest.[20] The team was not to be named the Thrashers, since True North did not acquire the name in the transaction, and the rights to that name and the Thrashers logo were retained by the ownership group in Atlanta.[21]"

16 minutes ago, ALuCsRED said:

Winnipeg Thrashers since 2004.  Previously the Winnipeg Sharks.

As for the Thrashers name and history, wikipedia states:

"True North stated that the announcement of the team's name would not be made until after the successful completion of the season ticket drive at the absolute earliest.[20] The team was not to be named the Thrashers, since True North did not acquire the name in the transaction, and the rights to that name and the Thrashers logo were retained by the ownership group in Atlanta.[21]"

Maybe the NHL hasn't totally given up on Atlanta in the future.