Uniform changes with Adidas may not be dramatic

IC Khari

3 hours ago, LeBird said:

You got miss my point entirely.  There is only one issue. It does not matter what the uniform is, if you have a good team you will win even in a lousy uniform. Uniforms have nothing to do other than to sell merchs.In 1995 the fans did not want the Notre Dame blue but we got it so Management don't always listen to the fans. 

So you take my posts get nauseated over it but proceeds to simply regurgitate it.

I know you like to think you're Al Davis here (just win baby) but there's certainly a lot more to pro sports than "just winning". Especially for us Bomber fans. But clearly you're too self involved with your own tripe post to get past that.

15 hours ago, White Out said:

I know you like to think you're Al Davis here (just win baby) but there's certainly a lot more to pro sports than "just winning". Especially for us Bomber fans. But clearly you're too self involved with your own tripe post to get past that.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing" (Vince Lombardi).  And that goes even for Bombers and their fans. I couldn't care less is they had stolen and wore the cheer-leaders uniforms as long as they won. However, I could appreciate them in nice uniforms while winning .  Pray tell, what else is there in pro sports  besides winning?  Looking good? That will bring in a lot of fans and get you a lot of Grey Cup.  

1 minute ago, LeBird said:

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing" (Vince Lombardi).  And that goes even for Bombers and their fans. I couldn't care less is they had stolen and wore the cheer-leaders uniforms as long as they won. However, I could appreciate them in nice uniforms while winning .  Pray tell, what else is there in pro sports  besides winning?  Looking good? That will bring in a lot of fans and get you a lot of Grey Cup.  

Sorry dude there's more to it than just winning. It's about fans having pride in their team as well as team history. Just because you're okay with puke uniforms doesn't mean others are.

15 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Sorry dude there's more to it than just winning. It's about fans having pride in their team as well as team history. Just because you're okay with puke uniforms doesn't mean others are.

There's nothing in the Blue and Gold history of storied Blue and Gold regular uniforms that I would ever describe as 'pukey'. 

Take it back.

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

There's nothing in the Blue and Gold history of storied Blue and Gold regular uniforms that I would ever describe as 'pukey'. 

Take it back.

Ha, ha. Let's see what Adidas comes up with. And it's more of a response to LeBird talking about ugly uniforms mean nothing. Those gold away jerseys, hmmm.

1 hour ago, LeBird said:

This is a pretty lame post. By this ridiculous train of thought the Bombers could release neon pink jerseys with a Christian Cross for a logo, with Jesus from South Park nailed to it. Giving a thumbs up. While pooping his pants,

But hey so long as the Bombers won in it, who cares right?

Stupid.

1 hour ago, White Out said:

This is a pretty lame post. By this ridiculous train of thought the Bombers could release neon pink jerseys with a Christian Cross for a logo, with Jesus from South Park nailed to it. Giving a thumbs up. While pooping his pants,

But hey so long as the Bombers won in it, who cares right?

Stupid.

But you did not answer the question. Pretty good with the insults but no so much at answering the question. In case you missed it what is there in pro sports that is more important than winning?  Please try again. 

3 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Well,  you take away the winning and the rest will slowly die away. I was around long before we had the royal blue and gold. The fans loved the colors because the people wearing those colors were  winning teams.  That is why people now equate these colors to great times. The current colors will be soon forgotten because there is nothing good to remember about the time they were worn.

What I am trying to say is to me winning is the most important thing we have to do. Colors come and go but the teams records stays forever. Like I said above I would love to see the team look good but mostly I want them to win.  The teams wears the same colors basically for the whole year.  As the team keeps losing the attendance keeps dropping.  Colors had no effect.

Finally, if it takes a puke uniform to finally get the hell out of the basement I am good with that. If colours are more important to some hey, we are now use to wallowing in the mud. If some find colors are more important that winning so be it.

5 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Well,  you take away the winning and the rest will slowly die away. I was around long before we had the royal blue and gold. The fans loved the colors because the people wearing those colors were  winning teams.  That is why people now equate these colors to great times. The current colors will be soon forgotten because there is nothing good to remember about the time they were worn.

What I am trying to say is to me winning is the most important thing we have to do. Colors come and go but the teams records stays forever. Like I said above I would love to see the team look good but mostly I want them to win.  The teams wears the same colors basically for the whole year.  As the team keeps losing the attendance keeps dropping.  Colors had no effect.

Finally, if it takes a puke uniform to finally get the hell out of the basement I am good with that. If colours are more important to some hey, we are now use to wallowing in the mud. If some find colors are more important that winning so be it.

I don't think anyone is saying that the team's uniform is more important than winning, or even that anything is more important than winning. However, that doesn't thus mean that winning is the only thing.

Of course winning is #1, but the way the players act in the community, the entertainment value of their play (independent of wins), the amount of fun they have, the level of respect the players have for fans, the uniforms and other merch-related decisions ALL are part of a team's value.

If the Bombers were filled with players of questionable character who didn't give a **** about Winnipeg or its fans, while wearing hideous uniforms to boot, I wouldn't really care how much they won. I wouldn't be a fan of the team, no matter where I lived or what team I grew up cheering for.

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

I would expect that anyone who says "winning is the only thing" should not care in the least about Andrew Harris being from Winnipeg or Dressler and Smith being two players from North Dakota that are coming from our biggest rival.

I'm one of those people. I couldn't care less where a player is from. I just care that they can help us win.

53 minutes ago, Mike said:

I would expect that anyone who says "winning is the only thing" should not care in the least about Andrew Harris being from Winnipeg or Dressler and Smith being two players from North Dakota that are coming from our biggest rival.

I think you are off the topic Mike. I care a heck of a lot about Harris, Dressler and Smith because they will give us a better chance of winning.  I'm not too sure you should set your expectation  based on the fact I don't care about uniforms.  I own one jersey only because the player who wore it was my friend for 55 years. The man made the jersey, not the other way run.

19 hours ago, LeBird said:

Why do you think it'll take a puke uniform to change things? The Royal Blues as we know it were around from 65-95. Maybe earlier. I remember the team from the 62 Grey Cup where the W on the helmet made it's appearance. Thirty years of tradition. How do you think Packer fans would react if the teams changed colours or uniforms?? 

Edited by iso_55

37 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Why do you think it'll take a puke uniform to change things? The Royal Blues as we know it were around from 65-95. Maybe earlier. I remember the team from the 62 Grey Cup where the W on the helmet made it's appearance. Thirty years of tradition. How do you think Packer fans would react if the teams changed colours or uniforms?? 

IF it takes....

No one can say for sure if the general public wants the royal jerseys or if they have for years and years for that matter.

I'm not one to flaunt my status, but I know several Bomber executives and and have actually obtained a sneak peak at the new Adidas Bomber unis and will let you guys in on the top secret design!

Spoiler

bombers2016_zpsd84cq0db.jpg

Marketing suspects it will me a massive hit. But maybe even moreso will be the road jerseys which will be gold with gold numbers and gold pants.

Edited by Y2C

I hope those are not our jerseys. Can't place my finger on it but something looks "off". Perhaps it's because the "69" is not centered. Perhaps the blue isn't quite correct. Perhaps its the squiggly gold piping (I'm guess that's piping?). 

But I do love gold. So all gold, head to toe, will be awesome. We'll call them the Golden Boys. Like the Golden Girls but with less broken hips. 

13 hours ago, iso_55 said:

I think the point is being missed by some people... the point that some people like lebird and Tburg are making is simple... if the team didn't sign Harris, Smith, or Dressler, continued to wear our current navy blue and gold jerseys (or even wore the camo Argo jerseys once)... but then went 14-4 this season and won the grey cup... no one would care about that other stuff... 

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I think the point is being missed by some people... the point that some people like lebird and Tburg are making is simple... if the team didn't sign Harris, Smith, or Dressler, continued to wear our current navy blue and gold jerseys (or even wore the camo Argo jerseys once)... but then went 14-4 this season and won the grey cup... no one would care about that other stuff... 

I don't think they are mutually exclusive.  I would be ecstatic if we won the Grey Cup in our current jerseys (or any jersey).

I would still be happier if we won the Grey Cup in the Royal Blues.

And the other issue here that no one is talking about is merchandising sales.  I personally will not buy another jersey in the current colour scheme.  I wouldn't but a new jersey if they chose puke colours.  I would probably buy a new jersey if they went back to the Royal Blues.  And that matters to the club whether they win the Grey Cup or not.