IT'S HERE! Grey Cup Game Day Thread

BigBlue

The best team won and Reilly was better than Burris, especially in the second half. Very impressive the way Edmonton ground it out in the final moments. Gutsy, gutsy performance. Ottawa surprised me with how well they played in the first half. They certainly have nothing to hang their heads about. I picked Edmonton to win it in the middle of the season and said they'd celebrate at IGF in November. It came true. I really hope Miller takes a look at how Edmonton went from a 4-14 team to Grey Cup Champs. The blueprint is there. 

Congrats Edmonton.

Good game, but it really stung to watch this game being played in our stadium while we seem to be so far away from being able to get there ourselves.  Watching Chris Jones, I couldn't help thinking "He's no Mike O'Shea" and Edmonton fans should be very happy about that.

God how I want this team to be great again, but how long do we wait...

Just feeling real down right now.

Campbell punting with 1:57 left in the game was mind boggling.

Lots of time to get the ball back tho. Redblacks D didn't step up.

Just to add. I think the Esks were the best team in the west and league this year. I'm not convinced Ottawa was the best team in the East. I think they were just the healthiest.

Campbell punting with 1:57 left in the game was mind boggling.

Lots of time to get the ball back tho. Redblacks D didn't step up.

Just to add. I think the Esks were the best team in the west and league this year. I'm not convinced Ottawa was the best team in the East. I think they were just the healthiest.

I'd have gone for the first down. The season was on the line.I think in situations like being down that a coach has to go for it. I believe you punt if you're ahead not behind with under 2 minutes. I think Campbell's decision ultimately cost the redblacks. . 

Good game, but it really stung to watch this game being played in our stadium while we seem to be so far away from being able to get there ourselves.  Watching Chris Jones, I couldn't help thinking "He's no Mike O'Shea" and Edmonton fans should be very happy about that.

God how I want this team to be great again, but how long do we wait...

Just feeling real down right now.

Yeah, me too. So depressing to think what we will start the season with next year. So hard to watch Watson, Willis, Bowman, etc., all ex-Bombers, celebrating the cup. So interesting to hear Hervey say it started with Reilly and then to mention Chris Jones followed by the interview with Reilly himself and then he mentions Chris Jones. Chris Jones did a phenomenal job. He did it all season and he did it in this game. His adjustments at half time completely shut down Burris and the Redblacks. I know a lot of you don't like him but he is a winner.

Reilly was pure class ,   makes Burris look like a real bum.   

I thought it was a very entertaining game and aside from the weird post half time show delay everything went smoothly.  The refs didn't make any really bad calls which was very nice.  

Good way to end a very long season for us!

Reilly was pure class ,   makes Burris look like a real bum.   

I thought it was a very entertaining game and aside from the weird post half time show delay everything went smoothly.  The refs didn't make any really bad calls which was very nice.  

Good way to end a very long season for us!

I don't think Burris is a bum, he just doesn't think sometimes when he speaks. Like I care if Hank has played on 3 different Grey Cup qualifying teams. That's only important to him. He's only won the GC once. That tells me a lot more. 

What is it going to feel like when we see the Saskatchewan Roughriders hire Jones and they turn their program around and go from the basement to the penthouse and once again hoist the cup? If you think this hurts, that's going to be agonizing!

At least we won't have to watch it take place on our own turf.

Great game, great day at the stadium. Kudos to all the volunteers who did a wonderful job and made it a seamless entry and exit today. The shuttle drivers who stopped and asked anyone in a jersey if they wanted a ride. All around fantastic experience today. Way to go Winnipeg...you looked great all week.

Great game, great day at the stadium. Kudos to all the volunteers who did a wonderful job and made it a seamless entry and exit today. The shuttle drivers who stopped and asked anyone in a jersey if they wanted a ride. All around fantastic experience today. Way to go Winnipeg...you looked great all week.

Glad you had a great time. 

Looked like tons of people on the concourses during the presentation but could be wrong. Here's some class lol... lawless Was talking to Jones on field 2 minutes after the Esks won and asked about the Sask GM Coach job. Classy

Say what you will about fallout boy but the half time show was pretty cool.

The anthem singer... my god he was awful

Looked like tons of people on the concourses during the presentation but could be wrong. Here's some class lol... lawless Was talking to Jones on field 2 minutes after the Esks won and asked about the Sask GM Coach job. Classy

Was at the game - they took like 10 minutes to get the stage set up. Was quite ridiculous to be honest.

Who was he? 

Burris was good in the first half but pretty mediocre in the second half.  For the entire game the RedBlacks had less than 300 net yards with less than 100 net yards in the second half.  Burris passed for 70 yards in the second half so I think it's safe to say his lack of execution in the second half played a major role in the RedBlacks defeat.  Not surprising - he is just not a good playoff or cold weather QB.

Reilly on the other hand brought his A-game when the chips were down.  After a shaky 3rd quarter he marched his team down the field - assisted by two justified pass interference calls - and passed for the winning TD and 2-point convert.  He also had a good drive late in the third quarter but Whyte missed a chip shot field goal.

Anyone go to the post-game party at Max Bell Centre across the street?  What's the word there?  Any bands.  Did any players or the Grey Cup make an appearance?