Next question ... since it seems to be a theme around here

IC Khari

If its not the Bombers, then I root for it not to be Saskatchewan. After that? Don't care who wins.

Your wish has been granted- for this season at least. I fear that next season their record might be better than ours.

This doesnt surprise me in any way, shape or form lol

Anyways, will be cheering for Ottawa to win cup...it has been a looooong time for them.

Outdoor Grey Cup in Winnipeg... It's going to be cold so Burris if he gets there is going to **** the bed like he always does. Only cup he won was indoors and many times he took a good Calgary team to an exit in the Western playoffs because they were outdoors in Calgary and it was nippy out. Guy is such a fair weather qb. 

My take...

Ottawa - I wouldn't be mad if they won... certainly bitter...

Toronto - I won't be cheering for them... but don't care if they win

Hamilton - they have the only thing remotely close to our non-grey cup streak... their last win was 1999... so I don't want them to win...

Edmonton - I'll probably cheer for them all the way... this 3 week layoff they're about to have, I think, will be hazardous...

Calgary - I'll cheer for them if they make the finals...

BC - they'll get smoked by Calgary in round 1 anyway...

Speaking of injuries, I remember that player, back in the 70's, I believe it was with Ottawa, who went unconscious on the field and died in the hospital a few days later...terribly tragic story...

football is a brutal sport filled with injuries, unfortunately many of them serious...

If that is the same situation I am thinking of , that was a brain aneurism. not much to be done to prevent that sort of thing. 

Yep, that is the one you were thinking about. Kind of glad it didn't happen today with social media etc. I was a kid and remember watching that game and incident, shook me up. There's not even a YouTube of that. Nowadays nothing seems to bother people as its spread everywhere online.

LOL. it won't be as cold as people think it will be... No snow in the forecast for the next 2 weeks at least.... probably not until december is what they are saying... Cold? I dunno, I'd honestly expect it to be about plus 3 or 4 at kick off and doubt the temperature will drop that much. 

Looking at the weather forecast, the lowest temperature they are saying is -2 and that's over night one night.. the rest of the days, it's around 0 as the over night low... It won't be that cold, guaranteed. 

Angry at the redblacks? No

Angry at the bombers? Yes.

We should be angry. A brand new expansion team has progressed father in one year Tha the bombers have since 2007.

Not to take away anything from the RedBs, but Ottawa would be looking up at Montreal in the standings if they had lost Burris for the year..

Speaking of injuries, I remember that player, back in the 70's, I believe it was with Ottawa, who went unconscious on the field and died in the hospital a few days later...terribly tragic story...

football is a brutal sport filled with injuries, unfortunately many of them serious...

Hamilton linebacker Tom Pate died in hospital here in Calgary after a block on a running play by Stamps fullback Rick Galbos. I later coached with Galbos here in Calgary 20 years later as our kids played on the same team. It was something we never brought up with him as coaches. He had to have been devastated after what happened. Pate suffered an aneurysm after his head struck the turf when he fell. Looked like Pate was a ticking time bomb & it wasn't Galbos' fault. Just a terrible incident. Pate never regained consciousness. Game was played October 18, 1975 & he died 3 days later.

I recall a game at the old stadium in the late 50's  (yeah I've been around that long)when a canuck player by the name of Glen McWhinney  dove over for a td and broke his neck... Bombers were devastated...End of a very promising career...This is a very tough game and injuries are going to happen...You just hope that there isn't any that are career ending...Watched the Tom Pate game as well...I recall his linemates trying to hold him up as he collapsed..Scary stuff and thankfully very rare.

If its not the Bombers, then I root for it not to be Saskatchewan. After that? Don't care who wins.

lol. I would have to add the Tabbies to the list with Sask though. Don't like the team but they really have awesome fans so I would definitely be happy for those folks if the team hoisted the cup.

I predicted Edmonton some months back so I have to stick with that and frankly, that bothers me more than Ottawa winning it. Edmonton was just as bad as we were two years ago. To see them hoist the cup in IGF in 2015 is really gonna burn. They have a GM that signed the players they needed and a coach that got the most out of those players. Compare that to Walters and MOS and it's enough to make you want to puke.

I predicted Edmonton some months back so I have to stick with that and frankly, that bothers me more than Ottawa winning it. Edmonton was just as bad as we were two years ago. To see them hoist the cup in IGF in 2015 is really gonna burn. They have a GM that signed the players they needed and a coach that got the most out of those players. Compare that to Walters and MOS and it's enough to make you want to puke.

Even two years ago Edm. swept the Bombers, so they were never quite as bad.

I wish I could argue... but you're bang on...

I think they had a similar record though.

Edm 4-14, Wpg 3-15

Edm 4-14, Wpg 3-15

I guess I should have said the Eskimos were *almost* as bad as we were. Still, to see them hoist the cup in IGF this year is going to burn, especially since Walters built us to win it all this year. LOL!