Now that our season is toast ...

JimmyFartball

Yep - officially done. I agree it was pretty much done though not by Labour Day, it was done when Willy broke his leg. I knew then, once I heard and researched the injury it was pretty obvious he wasn't coming back (a more severe version could have literally rendered him a cripple never mind playing football again). 

Next year - same as the last 25 boys. Can't recruit our own QB = another year of misery - or maybe, maybe, a decent year, maybe two - but no recruit means once Willy is gone for good - back from mediocrity (which even then in this minor league can get you to a Grey Cup) to utter crap again. 

But I think Walters is gone. Where there's smoke, there's fire. What's he going to say during the season while he's still employed "Yes, I"m the GM of the Wpg Blue Bombers but that directorship in Guelph - which I can have as long as I want - sure looks sweet, I'll probably go there when the season is done". Don't worry about Walters folks, he's gone. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him hired there before the Grey Cup is played in Winnipeg (wouldn't that be a howdy do LMAO).

Cruddy franchise, great stadium, and the best fans (sorry Sk fans but don't recall Wpg ever having to hold a freaking telethon to save their team).

rebusrankin - you keep renewing your season tickets because you are true blue fan of the bombers. I admire and congratulate you. For your sake, and others of your ilk - I wish you nothing but the best. My Mom passed away last year - I kept cheering for the Bombers because of her (when the bombers won it made her happy). Now that she's moved on, it just doesn't matter. Time for me to move on. I'll always have soft spot but since the Oilers are my hockey team now, I'm golng to make the Eskimos my football team. Most likely will take a year or two to get fully emotionally involved with the team, but at least it is a team I can get behind.

To all the folks here - pleasure reading all your posts. I hope I was able to contribute a little bit but lots of great, knowledgeable fans here. The Winnipeg Football club doesn't deserve you, and you all deserve a lot better. And 'when' (not if - it will happen) the Bombers become a relevant team again - I'll be happy for all of you. 

Take care all - see you on the other side :)

You can go on and on with all the theatrics but when the Bombers inevitably win some day you'll be smiling.

As for me...

Time to drop the bomb.  Blow it up.  Kyle Walters isn't the guy.  I believe O'Shea could possibly be a good coach under a new GM but I don't think any new GM would keep the old coach so we have to blow it up.  I don't have the answers but Walters isn't the right guy to guide this team back to respectability and we were naive to think a Canadian "special teams coach/general manager" was ever going to do that.

1307032252_atomic_bomb_mushroom_cloud_ex

As for me...

Time to drop the bomb.  Blow it up.  Kyle Walters isn't the guy.  I believe O'Shea could possibly be a good coach under a new GM but I don't think any new GM would keep the old coach so we have to blow it up.  I don't have the answers but Walters isn't the right guy to guide this team back to respectability and we were naive to think a Canadian "special teams coach/general manager" was ever going to do that.

1307032252_atomic_bomb_mushroom_cloud_ex

I have to agree and if "Fatboy" has to be dropped, so be it, as long as he takes Walters, O'Shea, and Bellefeuille with him.

Our season was done by Labour Day, even though some chose to live in denial. We've had brief moments of competence, but the team has stunk for two seasons. Gonna take a lot of Febreeze to clear out this stench. To those who have been calling for "continuity", continuity means more of what we've had for two years. Enough already.

Scary thing is that before Willy was permanently knocked out for the season he suffered two other serious injuries that took him out of games.  His ratio of complete games vs. incomplete for this year wasn't even 2:1.  Bombers are now walking in Sask's shoes, living and dying with a QB that can not be properly protected or kept healthy enough to contribute to a winning record. 

It's imperative that Willy's future replacement be present and productive at next years TC.  Edm, BC and Mtl all found replacement QB's in first year players this season, next year the Bombers have to do exactly the same.  No time left for a 2-3 year development period, the demand is now, now, now.

Our season was done by Labour Day, even though some chose to live in denial. We've had brief moments of competence, but the team has stunk for two seasons. Gonna take a lot of Febreeze to clear out this stench. To those who have been calling for "continuity", continuity means more of what we've had for two years. Enough already.

Scary thing is that before Willy was permanently knocked out for the season he suffered two other serious injuries that took him out of games.  His ratio of complete games vs. incomplete for this year wasn't even 2:1.  Bombers are now walking in Sask's shoes, living and dying with a QB that can not be properly protected or kept healthy enough to contribute to a winning record. 

It's imperative that Willy's future replacement be present and productive at next years TC.  Edm, BC and Mtl all found replacement QB's in first year players this season, next year the Bombers have to do exactly the same.  No time left for a 2-3 year development period, the demand is now, now, now.

I'm curious to see who is available come Free agency. As I don't have much hope in our Scouts to find what I think we really need. As in another Starting CDN lineman either side of the ball I don't care. And at least one stud big ******* WR. Enough of the small speedsters. I want a 6'3 monster who is going to run over DBs.

Also wondering what is up with Anderson (RB), I think we released him right? Wonder if he comes back next year?

I'm curious to see who is available come Free agency. As I don't have much hope in our Scouts to find what I think we really need. As in another Starting CDN lineman either side of the ball I don't care. And at least one stud big ******* WR. Enough of the small speedsters. I want a 6'3 monster who is going to run over DBs.

Also wondering what is up with Anderson (RB), I think we released him right? Wonder if he comes back next year?

I was chatting with Ed Hervey a couple of years ago as he was at my son's football event and that's the route he takes both with receivers and DB's. He said he doesn't look at anyone smaller unless of course their an extraordinary talent.

Anderson broke his whatchamacallit.  He's worth a second look if healthy.

I was chatting with Ed Hervey a couple of years ago as he was at my son's football event and that's the route he takes both with receivers and DB's. He said he doesn't look at anyone smaller unless of course their an extraordinary talent.

I agree with that strategy, might give up a bit of speed but the trade-off is worthy.  Anyone recall the name of that plus-sized vet. receiver the Bombers cut in TC?

Anderson broke his whatchamacallit.  He's worth a second look if healthy.

Perhaps that's what the Bomber franchise has done as well?

Rebuild starts right after the last game of the season, need to know what Walters future holds, if he leaves, which i think is possible try a find an experienced GM no more test pilots. Have said GM discard all the players that should not be here and immediately start getting a scouting staff together that know what there doing. He needs to make a decision on MOS right away and dispatch everyone on the offensive side of the ball. Make Hall associate HC in case we have to fire MOS mid season. Be careful which free agents he signs and get an OC with imagination. But the most important thing he needs to find is an OL because if we lose Willy early the season will be lost. The off season will be interesting hope we have a fantastic grey cup and everybody enjoys the week, but the biggest hope i have is that the toilets at IGF don't freeze up.

I'm disappointed.

We're all disappointed and now the Argo game next week means nothing to us. We'll be playing for pride only. Do we have any? A loss to the Argos, O'Shea's old team, is going to be ... surreal. I can see Miller losing his **** and firing some people after that game.
At 5-12, that game shouldn't mean anything to us but pride and jobs on the line

I wouldn't rule out the players putting out their best effort of the year against an admittedly disinterested Argo team. Everyone is now auditioning for next year's jobs and I would bet half of this crew isn't going to be here season. At least, I sure hope so.

The problem is a win now would mean it'd be a moral victory as we have nothing to play for... That's how some fans would play it up. Winning doesn't matter now. Give some backups some reps. Like Dominique Davis...

Agree 100%. Like someone said, it's the first pre-season game.

They ran Higgins out of Edm for some questionable calls and obviously Mtl had some of the same.

I doubt if there is any coach in any sport who has not made calls that have been questionable, but the bottom line is winning. In Montreal, apparently Higgins was sitting out veterans (Bowman in particular) who were pets of Popp in preparation for transitioning the team to younger players. The veterans started bitching and Popp fired Higgins. Considering what he had to work with in Montreal, I think Higgins did pretty well last year.