I am disgusted at our Cheapskates

BigBlue

So spelling and grammar are the only basis for a rebuttal now......c'mon at least make an effort or don't even bother.

I think the point is, if you're trying to make a point/complaint about a player/situation, at least get the right player, position and the spelling of the players....who play for our team...right.

Fo far I've seen Bryant Turner playing left tackle and Enoch Muamba being talked about.

Now, how you spell Hajrallahu may get one a pass...

If management had the will to win, we would have reacquired Enoch Muamba & we would have won today.... and maybe last week

We would have better proven HC & OC's .... a GM who had real authority to find what we really need

I am tired of trying to win with one arm tied behind our back

The last time we made a real move is when Cal Murphy brought in Matt Dunigan ... and that made a huge difference

We live in wholesale city and our BoD lives it ... it iis nothing more than a political old boys club .... and I want to barf all over them

We have been doing this for two decades now and nothing is going to change ... even with a talent like Muamba we don't have the will (or perhaps even the desire) to succeed

We are never ever going to be anything but mediocre with out anything but an occasional hot streak to keep us hoping. WE DO NOT CARE ENOUGH to do what the NY Mets have done this tear. There is no commitment to succeed.

Excuse me while I go PUKE.

I hope management gags on their over-priced tickets next year but they won't .... nothin' is gonna change.... not ever .... we are happy with cosmetics and lots of lipstick on our very own P I G 

Loved Cal to pieces but signing Dunigan to that contract almost bankrupted the football club, so not the best example of smart team management.

I feel for the younger bomber fans who have never experienced a Grey Cup winner let alone a consistent playoff performer. When you realize that many people under 35 probably don't remember playoffs year after year and Grey Cups a plenty it really is sad what has become on this franchise. How do we fix this i'm not smart enough to know but i do know this, if this season repeats itself again next year it will spell major problems for the Bombers financially and even Rum Hut profits wont help.

If management had the will to win, we would have reacquired Enoch Muamba & we would have won today.... and maybe last week

We would have better proven HC & OC's .... a GM who had real authority to find what we really need

The last time we made a real move is when Cal Murphy brought in Matt Dunigan ... and that made a huge difference

We live in wholesale city and our BoD lives it ... it iis nothing more than a political old boys club .... and I want to barf all over them

We have been doing this for two decades now and nothing is going to change ... even with a talent like Muamba we don't have the will (or perhaps even the desire) to succeed

We are never ever going to be anything but mediocre with out anything but an occasional hot streak to keep us hoping. WE DO NOT CARE ENOUGH to do what the NY Mets have done this tear. There is no commitment to succeed.

I hope management gags on their over-priced tickets next year but they won't .... nothin' is gonna change.... not ever .... we are happy with cosmetics and lots of lipstick on our very own P I G 

Loved Cal to pieces but signing Dunigan to that contract almost bankrupted the football club, so not the best example of smart team management.

It also cost us Danny McManus - the last QB WE recruited to the league that had success. That is the issue guys, we keep going after other teams 'hand me downs' because we can't recruit, and that is why we've been so bad for the most part for the past 2 1/2 decades. 

For this year, a lot of our issues was Drew Willy, as in not having him. We were 3 and 3 when Drew went down. And, we had nothing behind him. We got lucky with Nichols, at least he a passable CFL QB, unlike anyone we can recruit. I was really hoping Marve would be the guy (if his knee held up) but sadly, the fans here in the know (like Mr.Perfect) were 100% right on him. He's not good enough even if his knee was ok. 

And do you guys notice, when we rush 3 or 4, the opposing QB has enough time to scarf down a TV dinner before looking down field but yet when the opposition rushes 3 or 4 - usually our QB has to scramble around and rush a throw. So I would say both our Oline and our dline need a lot of work still. But having a healthy Drew Willy would solve a lot of problems I think - I like him. We just have to keep him healthy. 

we just need a new OC, our qb was a sitting duck yesterday, never rolled out ,except on 2nd or 3rd last play, ott def just teed off as they new that he was never going to roll out or run, move the pocket, he gets more time , look at buris, he went left then right , not often standing in the same place two plays in a row, he looked really good, our qb had his moments, just not enough of them

I really don't think our current problems are related to "being cheap".  Sure we've made poor decisions but I bet if you compare our budget to other teams that have had more success.  I'd say they were pretty equal.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I'm still a MOS supporter and believe he's very close to breaking thru and becoming a good coach.  Walter's?   Well I'm indifferent on him.  If he left it wouldn't be the end of the world and if he stays.  It wouldn't be a terrible thing either.   

However, we need to shake up our scouting department.  Goveia was billed as this 1st class birddog but since he's come here he's more of a Paris Hilton lap dog.  I guess working with Jim Barker masked his short comings.  Danny MacManus has been eerily quiet these days and his player finds have been underwhelming.  He should go as well. 

On the offensive side of the ball I just see no reason to keep any of the coaches we have.  Yes, that includes Buck Pierce and Marcus Howell. I know they're fan favourites but what have they done?  Sure their talents may not show up because of a putrid offensive playbook and OC.  But I would prefer to start with an entire clean slate next year.   

On defence.  I like Hall and expect he'd be better with a couple more impact players on defence.  The dline coach (cant remember his name) can go along with the offensive coaches.  Sure Westerman's a all star but after that the dline has been anything but spectacular.  

I just don't want to see a complete gut job in the front office again.  I don't believe it's required. All that's needed is a upgrade to those areas where we have not performed well on the field and of course that included recruitment.   

Not sure I buy into the MOS support side. I think you can take what you indicated above and play it at the start of 2015 and again at the start of 2016. MOS being very close is IMHO incorrect. I do not believe the team progressed in 2015 but rather regressed with MOS as the HC. If striving for average and below average is your end game that yes keep Walters and MOS around. Just NOT my idea of success.

It also cost us Danny McManus - the last QB WE recruited to the league that had success. That is the issue guys, we keep going after other teams 'hand me downs' because we can't recruit, and that is why we've been so bad for the most part for the past 2 1/2 decades. 

For this year, a lot of our issues was Drew Willy, as in not having him. We were 3 and 3 when Drew went down. And, we had nothing behind him. We got lucky with Nichols, at least he a passable CFL QB, unlike anyone we can recruit. I was really hoping Marve would be the guy (if his knee held up) but sadly, the fans here in the know (like Mr.Perfect) were 100% right on him. He's not good enough even if his knee was ok. 

And do you guys notice, when we rush 3 or 4, the opposing QB has enough time to scarf down a TV dinner before looking down field but yet when the opposition rushes 3 or 4 - usually our QB has to scramble around and rush a throw. So I would say both our Oline and our dline need a lot of work still. But having a healthy Drew Willy would solve a lot of problems I think - I like him. We just have to keep him healthy. 

I like Drew too but he needs help. He is only going to be successful behind an Oline that can protect him. He's not Henry Burris and isn't fleet of foot. Drew also needs receivers that don't take all day to work themselves open. Then he won't have to hold on to the ball so long. Last but certainly not least, MB and his vanilla, no creativity, QB-killing offensive scheme package has to go.

In summary, Oline, receivers, and schemes need major upgrades. Walters and O'Shea have had 2 years to make these changes and have failed miserably. If they can't do the job get someone in here that can and do whatever it takes to make it happen. My 2 cents.

Unless I'm recalling wrong, isn't the salary floor and salary cap pretty closer together? Meaning there isn't mich disparity between what teams spend.

I don't think there is an issue with spending on talent. Wasn't the issue the non-bargained spending such as coaches etc? Are we afraid to spend more on a better coach?

Unless I'm recalling wrong, isn't the salary floor and salary cap pretty closer together? Meaning there isn't mich disparity between what teams spend.

I don't think there is an issue with spending on talent. Wasn't the issue the non-bargained spending such as coaches etc? Are we afraid to spend more on a better coach?

We should have extra cash from our take for hosting the Grey Cup.

Maybe firing MB changes a lot of things, it's hard to say really, Not sure how much of our O's struggles is on him and how much is on the players.... Willy getting hurt certainly didn't help, it was a flawed O scheme and system then, perhaps seeing Nichols and the sorts struggle in it quite  badly shows you just how awful it is, Only Willy could make it work..

Stanley Bryant doesn't go from All Star to Not great for no reason, eventho i really don't think he's been that bad, it's more the guard and when Picard played, the center position that really struggled badly, Capers at guard is awful,Neufeld at tackle is awful... Need to upgrade basically those 2 spots on the oline and we should be better, then again, if MB is kept around, doubt he will be, but if he is, you could probably bring in 5 all star oline guys and it still wouldn't matter.

Bryant isn't awful, Chungh was a rookie,Goossen looks ok for a guy getting his first real reps at center.. he's an upgrade on Picard that's for sure... 2 spots, Jace Daniels was a huge loss IMO.. perhaps the most telling sign of the scouts is their inabilty to find import oline... I mean, it shouldn't be that hard... then again, like i've said before, maybe the scouts did bring in some talented players and maybe MB just kind of dismissed them without even giving them a chance. 

I really do think MB is the  biggest problem on this team by far... The D can only do so much... you need the O to actually show up for more than one or 2 quarters in games, we always start out so slow, week to plan and we start off so brutal, I don't get it, sometimes it's not all on the play calling tho, sometimes, our QB, (not including Willy)is just terrible, (brohm,marve, nichols a couple games now)

Not saying that i ever thought MB wasn't the biggest issue but... pretty tough to look good when Brohm and Marve were playing but with Nichols, a veteran of the league looking like total crap, It's pretty obvious that the biggest problem is indeed the OC. 

Square Pegs... Round Holes.... not using guys to their strengths, schemes are just not good enough....

Hope to GOD ALLAH BUDDAH whoever... that they fire his incompetent ass this week, why keep him another week, just finish him and do it now. Nothing to lose, everything to gain...

I kinda would like to see this team with a competent to average OC... just average even, average is several steps better than what we've seen this year

This is my biggest issue, Our D isn't the best, but they are good enough if they have time to actually rest up and don't have to be on the field for pretty much the entire first half... 

If we had just an average, doesn't need to be best in the league (ideally, it is) but doesn't need to be, if it was just average, like ranked 5th or even 6th for that matter... we'd probably have a few more wins for sure... The O has yet to win a game for us IMO, the D has, special teams has... the O hasn't and that's a huge problem and overall, it's the problem that is holding this team back for sure... Big Time..

Tough to judge talent, all star to not looking so great the next year.... it tells you, it's not so much the player(s)... It's the guy calling the plays. 

You have to look at each phase differently

O, D, Special Teams

D = not the greatest but for the amount of time they are on the field, they aren't that bad actually... and no they aren't on the field cuz they can't get off or stop the other team, they are on the field because our O can't do anything. Sack Leader, INT leader, they have talent there, perhaps hall is a little too passive for my liking, needs to be more aggressive in my opinion but basically the D is the reason these games have been so close recently

Special Teams - not good to start the year, but like the D has gradually improved, to the point where they have actually won us a game or 2 themselves... our last win, vs BC, was due to D and special teams. Cost us a game or 2 also but... all in all, has shown improvement just like the D

The O= OH boy really, worst in the league, most sacks allowed, worst team in the redzone, least amount of yards in total, pretty much dead last in every possible category

D and Special teams aren't the best but they certainly aren't the worst, Our O is... 

Really says it all doesn't it...

Our O is the worst O in the league and it's not even close. 

Someone said we have only score 30 or more points once, that was the first game of the year wasn't it? Vs SASK... the worst D in the league by far.... yup, says it all really.... people can go on about the D or Special teams and pretend they are the issue but... reality, truly is, if you only score 30 points once the entire year, it's not your D that is the problem, it's not your special teams, it's your O and it's not even really debatable. 

1 damn game and it was the first of the year where we scored 30 or more points, and guess what, we only scored exactly 30 that game... yeah, the O is the real problem. 

starts with scouting, need better scouts. if our management is happy with the talent our scouts are finding then we need new management. the HC is usually the fall guy but they're often being told to make chicken salad out of hot garbage

We actually have better personnel than last season so that argument just doesn't fly.

We should have extra cash from our take for hosting the Grey Cup.

Pretty sure any profit from hosting the CG goes towards paying back the loan.

starts with scouting, need better scouts. if our management is happy with the talent our scouts are finding then we need new management. the HC is usually the fall guy but they're often being told to make chicken salad out of hot garbage

We actually have better personnel than last season so that argument just doesn't fly.

who are you referring to as "personnel" and who did they replace? And what have they done to be deemed better. 

who are you referring to as "personnel" and who did they replace? And what have they done to be deemed better. 

Westerman is far and away the best but also on defence Bass and Adams are both upgrades

The oline, January, Morley & Greaves all became expendable with the new additions and Adams is an upgrade over Kelly at receiver

By far though, Nichols is better than anything we had backing up at qb, won 2 games which we would never have gotten out of Brohm or Marve.

I don't think anyone could argue successfully that the roster hasn't been improved

Hall is also a better DC than Etch

Forget about the 5 - 1 start last season, that was a 2 - 16 team all day long.

5 - 6 wins is about where this team, without Willy, should be.

so your saying walters is doing his job. how about scouting? which was what you responded to

We are definitely behind the rest of the league in that department but we don't have a GM/PP guy with extensive connections in the US like everyone else does. Our scouts are basically on their own to develop that system which will take more than a year to do if we stick it out.

westerman imo isnt a player that needed scouting because hed be a known commodity to every team, even if not for his brother, just being a NI NFL calibre player. Bass was a nice find, but after that ? many aquisitions to improve our players was done through FA, trade or retread 

What I'm saying is that our current coaching staff will never rise above mediocrity even if you gave them the Stamps lineup.

Im willing to give walters and Osh 1 more year, because I think as a gm, walters has done good, as mentioned with FA and trades. His drafting beyond chungh kinda leaves alot to be desired in what was raved about being such a deep draft.  And Osh needs a competent OC before i make final opinion on his coaching. But if were doing the patience approach to our scouting as we have with coaching and **** good god shoot me now

so your saying walters is doing his job. how about scouting? which was what you responded to

We are definitely behind the rest of the league in that department but we don't have a GM/PP guy with extensive connections in the US like everyone else does. Our scouts are basically on their own to develop that system which will take more than a year to do if we stick it out.

And whose fault is that??? Why should we be behind the 8 ball trying to rebuild after 2013? That's on Wade Miller. 

And whose fault is that??? Why should we be behind the 8 ball trying to rebuild after 2013? That's on Wade Miller. 

I'd like to believe that was the plan, slow and steady, build it right, yada yada yada

But in a GC year, where they went all in to make the playoffs, and they did spend some big bucks on FA's, and have come up with 5 or 6 wins......that's a monumental failure. Of course they won't admit it but this was the best they had to offer and that's what scares me the most about these clowns.