I am disgusted at our Cheapskates

BigBlue

If management had the will to win, we would have reacquired Enoch Muamba & we would have won today.... and maybe last week

We would have better proven HC & OC's .... a GM who had real authority to find what we really need

I am tired of trying to win with one arm tied behind our back

The last time we made a real move is when Cal Murphy brought in Matt Dunigan ... and that made a huge difference

We live in wholesale city and our BoD lives it ... it iis nothing more than a political old boys club .... and I want to barf all over them

We have been doing this for two decades now and nothing is going to change ... even with a talent like Muamba we don't have the will (or perhaps even the desire) to succeed

We are never ever going to be anything but mediocre with out anything but an occasional hot streak to keep us hoping. WE DO NOT CARE ENOUGH to do what the NY Mets have done this tear. There is no commitment to succeed.

Excuse me while I go PUKE.

I hope management gags on their over-priced tickets next year but they won't .... nothin' is gonna change.... not ever .... we are happy with cosmetics and lots of lipstick on our very own P I G 

Is it were too cheap or is the job insecurity from lousy teams and constant staff rotation holding us back from getting people to come to wpg? We can't seem to attract anyone other then first time HC's (Oshea, Burke,Lapo, Kelly, Berry, Daley) and if MB is the best OC we've been able to get for last 2 years yikes, then other fails like crowton, etch.  hell even our scouts are first timers if im not mistaken,  like mcmanus as an american scout, and that dept needs vast improvement.

and much as i hate cleaning house and starting all over again, we really need rip this old band aid off and finally clean the wound. We built a house of cards on a cracked foundation and its caused too much instability far to frequently. I dont know how far up the totem pole you need to go but someone at the top needs to get their finger out of their arse and on the pulse and start putting staff in place to win.  I would personally like to see our entire scouting staff turfed and replaced with people known for their good work. No idea who that would be but thats gotta be a top priority this offseason 

I'm not sure if money lies at the heart of this mess. We are bound by the same salary cap as other teams, but even though that does not cover administrative and coaching staff, it seems that it comes down to choosing the right people for the right positions. All of our coaching and scouting staff need to be looked at long and hard and even our GM needs to be challenged as to why he ought to still be here.

Good grief...we get Muamba and we win? Too cheap?...we spent way more money acquiring players this year than in years past! Guess you just don't want to count guys like Westerman, Nick Moore, Ian Wild, and Stanley Bryant.

I love how you just make a post, but don't bother putting any thought into it..just rant is the best way to express yourself!

I'm just as unhappy as you, but lets try and stick to the facts just a bit.

People look at what they would be walking into and may realize theres a good chance a poor product maybe inevitable.  Perhaps coaches we've released have been less then kind in reference to their time here, cfl circles cant be all that big, i mean look at how many new coaches/coordinators there are annually. Im pretty sure we've fired every coach in the last 15 years before their contract was up

People look at what they would be walking into and may realize theres a good chance a poor product maybe inevitable.  Perhaps coaches we've released have been less then kind in reference to their time here, cfl circles cant be all that big, i mean look at how many new coaches/coordinators there are annually. Im pretty sure we've fired every coach in the last 15 years before their contract was up

So did Edmonton, Hamilton, and Saskatchewan yet they all went on to turn around their organizations. Granted Sask crashed and burned this year but they will definitely be back and competitive long before Winnipeg.

So did Edmonton, Hamilton, and Saskatchewan yet they all went on to turn around their organizations. Granted Sask crashed and burned this year but they will definitely be back and competitive long before Winnipeg.

You have no idea if that is true or not...you just keep repeating the same negatives over and over and over again.

You have no idea if that is true or not...you just keep repeating the same negatives over and over and over again.

LOL. Three years ago Edmonton and Hammy were in worse shape than Winnipeg and what is their record now? Before Sask turned around their team in the mid 00's they tried on coaches like someone tries on shoes when shoe shopping. You just don't like that I want them to fire a couple of schmoes you like.

Austin has been a good coach, hes also worked with Tillman (whose been around) in sask and hamilton.  edmonton was a mike reilly away from turning the corner offensively which was their achilles prior.  I see more similarity with us to edmonton, that a few pieces and we could be a good team. But our scouting, our coaching (mainly OC) and bad breaks (willy getting hurt for example) is holding us back

Im less then impressed with what we got from Bryant this year. for a guy I really did get excited over, I cant even count how many times he got beat or just let someone go around him (tho that could be someone else like the rb not picking up a block) and definitely feel picard was a bust this time around.  tweaking those 2 positiions is a must. I think we also need another slotback and keep denmark and moore as WRs. defensively we need a ball hawking free safety that reads plays better in the secondary - would a healthy Randle and leggett back at safety have been better then leggett at LB and Shell at safety? we need another DE opposite to westerman.  Im not sold on Hurl either. Hes been getting a little better, he's a NI but if thats the best we can do then we best keep looking.

so my xmas wish list would;

Left Tackle

Center

DE

MLB

Safety

SB - but not as a urgent

or we got underwhelming performances out of our Oline most times. starting QB lost for season 1/3 of the way into the year. the lightning in our thunder and lightning running threat lost for season and poorly replaced by walker for like 2 games really snuffed our run.

I dont have nearly the frustration with the defense as I do with the offence but even with everyone healthy theres a lot of blame to go around there and the main culprit is the play calling

Im less then impressed with what we got from Bryant this year. for a guy I really did get excited over, I cant even count how many times he got beat or just let someone go around him (tho that could be someone else like the rb not picking up a block) and definitely feel picard was a bust this time around.  tweaking those 2 positiions is a must. I think we also need another slotback and keep denmark and moore as WRs. defensively we need a ball hawking free safety that reads plays better in the secondary - would a healthy Randle and leggett back at safety have been better then leggett at LB and Shell at safety? we need another DE opposite to westerman.  Im not sold on Hurl either. Hes been getting a little better, he's a NI but if thats the best we can do then we best keep looking.

Left Tackle

Center

DE

MLB

Safety

SB - but not as a urgent

That's a good start but I would say at least 6 starters on O and 6 on D need to be replaced before this team is competing for a championship. Just go back and look at our 2007 roster and you'll see what I mean.

Left Tackle

Center

DE

MLB

Safety

SB - but not as a urgent

Tackles have it the hardest when the offensive scheme is to nail the QB to the pocket. Bryant was a huge step up. Actually, both tackles did pretty well considering. The middle of the OL is weak as all hell.

We need another wide-out and a retooling on inside receivers.

Our secondary is weak.

We have no speed outside out of the backfield.

Good grief...we get Muamba and we win? Too cheap?...we spent way more money acquiring players this year than in years past! Guess you just don't want to count guys like Westerman, Nick Moore, Ian Wild, and Stanley Bryant.

I love how you just make a post, but don't bother putting any thought into it..just rant is the best way to express yourself!

I'm just as unhappy as you, but lets try and stick to the facts just a bit.

Ranting is good for our collective soul and a proper slap in the face for the old boys club .... It is very good to demonstrate real & genuine controlled anger once in a while

I really don't think our current problems are related to "being cheap".  Sure we've made poor decisions but I bet if you compare our budget to other teams that have had more success.  I'd say they were pretty equal.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I'm still a MOS supporter and believe he's very close to breaking thru and becoming a good coach.  Walter's?   Well I'm indifferent on him.  If he left it wouldn't be the end of the world and if he stays.  It wouldn't be a terrible thing either.   

However, we need to shake up our scouting department.  Goveia was billed as this 1st class birddog but since he's come here he's more of a Paris Hilton lap dog.  I guess working with Jim Barker masked his short comings.  Danny MacManus has been eerily quiet these days and his player finds have been underwhelming.  He should go as well. 

On the offensive side of the ball I just see no reason to keep any of the coaches we have.  Yes, that includes Buck Pierce and Marcus Howell. I know they're fan favourites but what have they done?  Sure their talents may not show up because of a putrid offensive playbook and OC.  But I would prefer to start with an entire clean slate next year.   

On defence.  I like Hall and expect he'd be better with a couple more impact players on defence.  The dline coach (cant remember his name) can go along with the offensive coaches.  Sure Westerman's a all star but after that the dline has been anything but spectacular.  

I just don't want to see a complete gut job in the front office again.  I don't believe it's required. All that's needed is a upgrade to those areas where we have not performed well on the field and of course that included recruitment.