Bombers Add/Drop

Noeller

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming 4m4 minutes ago

#Bombers are working out QB Bryan Bennett, a recent cut of the Indy Colts. Transferred from Oregon to SE Louisiana. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/bryan-bennett?id=2552643 …

His scouting report looks bad. Why do we keep bringing in these athletic guys who have issues with accuracy and reading defenses?

#Bombers are working out QB Bryan Bennett, a recent cut of the Indy Colts. Transferred from Oregon to SE Louisiana. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/bryan-bennett?id=2552643 …

His scouting report looks bad. Why do we keep bringing in these athletic guys who have issues with accuracy and reading defenses?

We're looking for the next Brian Brohm. :D

I am sure you could look at 95 percent of CFL QB scouting reports are going to look at the same.  The ones with really good scouting reports are playing on Sundays.

1037337.jpg
Trevor Harris (QB)
profiles-featured-prospects.png

Overview

Harris is a highly-productive player with a ton of starting experience, who completed a lot of passes at a lower level of competition. Will face a steep learning curve adjusting to the speed of defenses in the NFL. Does not have adequate size or enough accuracy at this time. Likely to be an undrafted free agent prospect.

Strengths
Harris is a durable prospect who possesses good mobility. Cerebral player who understands how to manage the game. Understands timing, does a good job of scanning the field and getting rid of the football. Possesses a quick release. Flashes the arm strength to drive the ball down the field.
Weaknesses
Does not possess adequate size for the quarterback position. Not consistently accurate, especially on deep balls. Must improve his footwork in his drop and remember to step into his throws.
Grade

Most qbs who come up here don't have glowing scouting reports. nfldraftscout.com had him as the 11th best qb out of 97 in his draft class. That's not too bad.

He might suck though. I heard his name for the first time approx. 10 minutes ago so I really have no idea.

Bo Levi Mitchell

Positives: Efficient set up and delivery of the football. Gets the ball out of his hands quickly, making split-second decisions. Good short to intermediate level accuracy, demonstrating the ball placement to allow receivers to generate yardage after the catch. Enough arm strength to drive the ball through tight windows up to 20 yards downfield.

Good touch down the seam. Spreads the ball around to multiple receivers. Good athleticism. Buys time in the pocket with his feet and is a threat to scramble. Good elusiveness and at least above average straight-line speed for the position. Flashes the poise to manipulate linebackers with his scrambling ability and throw over the top of them. Strong leader. Recognized as a team captain each of his two seasons at Eastern. Productive at both the FBS and FCS levels.

Negatives: Lacks the ideal physical characteristics scouts are looking for. Marginal height which will prove more of a detriment in an offense that asks him to drop back from center more often than the shotgun-heavy spread offense he ran at Eastern and previously at SMU.

Strong enough arm to make basic throws but has only average overall arm strength. Rarely asked to make multiple reads in this offense. Developed a tendency to throw off his back foot. Productive but only against weak competition."

We're looking for the next Brian Brohm. :D

Well, he did say athletic.......

Perhaps this guy could be the next Boltus...

Most qbs who come up here don't have glowing scouting reports. nfldraftscout.com had him as the 11th best qb out of 97 in his draft class. That's not too bad.

He might suck though. I heard his name for the first time approx. 10 minutes ago so I really have no idea.

I Like the detail on the time element! Thanks, so many posters leave that out. I watched the video about two minutes ago!

Very nice highlight, he can throw it far, throw it with touch, and can run......

possibly a bit speeded up I thought. maybe.

report..... too small.... 6 foot 2, 225.

:lol:

No I am arguing that our scouting and management are terrible, they wouldn't know talent if it came up and slapped them in the face. They bring in, pay money to and toss out these guys. Now it isn't the players fault for wanting a job and some cash but you have to ask some good hard questions about those doing the selecting. At this point management and scouting are the pits so this is a waste of money. Why flush cash when it is evident the system isn't producing? Hold off on it, because, face it, there are no saviours coming from the system right now. In the off-season reassess every aspect of the team (EVERY aspect) and only then turn the taps back on.

I am all for bringing guys in and giving them a try but at this point it is a waste of time and money.

Of course the many folks that think Walters and co are good are never going to agree. I expect that but this is a really bad team. Not a team that is a few players away from being good they are a mediocre bad team. They will only make a profit because of the GC game and when you are going to need every cent to bring in talent to fix it then why are they continuing to burn it on a wasted season?

It seems weird to me that people would want this team to continue to spend money hand over fist this year when it is obvious they will need it for next season.

Possibly the worst argument I've read for not bringing in prospects for a look see.

Waste of time and money? To look for the "next guy"? Keep the money in our pockets and save for next year? A fundamentally dumb argument. Do you not realize these moves ARE for next year?

You can't imagine the hue and cry if we weren't bringing in players to look at...mostly for next year.

Just finished watching the highlight reel. He obviously has the physical tools- good arm and mobility when he has to run, but his setup mechanics to throw are not good. We've had a number of promising pivots come here who were too lazy and/or arrogant to learn their craft. Aaah- maybe this one will be different.

Just finished watching the highlight reel. He obviously has the physical tools- good arm and mobility when he has to run, but his setup mechanics to throw are not good. We've had a number of promising pivots come here who were too lazy and/or arrogant to learn their craft. Aaah- maybe this one will be different.

sSVzmer.jpg