Grey Cup Ticket Sales

blueandgoldguy

I was at a conference yesterday held at IGF. The whole thing was set up pretty darn nicely by the Bomber folks - so kudos on that front. Wade spoke to the crowd of a couple hundred at lunch and talked about how they are really trying to (re)connect with the business community. He asked all those with Grey Cup tickets to stand - pretty sad to see no more than 2 or 3 people standing.

I think the tickets are over priced. They needed the team to be playing well to be selling the tickets at those prices.

I suspected this nearly a year ago when ticket prices were announced.  Miller and the organizing committee learned nothing from Vancouver last year.

The average winter temp this year Is rumored to be plus 3. It won't be cold. Wouldn't be surprised if there Is no snow. If plus 3 is cold to a resident of winnipeg I suggest you grow some balls

I froze my ass off watching a beer can flying towards the Rocket.

At plus 3/ the temp is OK, the price and the lack of giving a **** on the teams are bigger factors.

Zero interest in the cfl this season.

1st Grey Cup - last Sunday - record cold - 51k+

2nd Grey Cup - next to last Sunday - record warm - 34k+ lowest since 75 and currently lowest in the last 40 years

3rd Grey Cup - next to last Sunday - above normal - 44k+

4th Grey Cup - last sunday - TBD - 38k+

The first Grey Cup scared off a large number of people and the fact the tickets were now $100+ killed the 2nd one.

• 2 weeks later...

they had 35,156 for the rider game, which i think was a sell out or very close to it

so they are short , 3,100 tickets at about $ 200 each say about $600,000 k so they should make close to 3.5 mil, which will be still great, but not 5 mil

and if the y sell the balance , they will do well