Grey Cup Ticket Sales

blueandgoldguy

Another example of you don't like it..therefore it is speculation. Yes Alumni discounts and cooperate discounts are being offered. Sorry if u paid full price. I'll get u the Alumni discount if u like.

For someone who works for the Bombers he sure gets a lot of info wrong.

What kind of a discount is the Alumni deal?

Side note about Grey Cup Week: I'm a fan of the announcement that the 3 "Manitoban" craft brewers will be the official beer outside of the game itself, to which Labatt has exclusive rights. But all the socials and different events will feature Fort Garry, Half Pints and Farmery, which is only partly Manitoban. As a big craft beer junkie, this is fantastic news.

I assume "Manitoban" is in quotes because Fort Garry is no longer locally owned...

and Farmery isn't made in Manitoba...

I guess I just assumed it was made in Manitoba since the farm is near Neepawa... I thoroughly enjoy all three of these beers... just picked up a case of St James pale ale for the most recent Sunday night football...

Side note about Grey Cup Week: I'm a fan of the announcement that the 3 "Manitoban" craft brewers will be the official beer outside of the game itself, to which Labatt has exclusive rights. But all the socials and different events will feature Fort Garry, Half Pints and Farmery, which is only partly Manitoban. As a big craft beer junkie, this is fantastic news.

I assume "Manitoban" is in quotes because Fort Garry is no longer locally owned...

and Farmery isn't made in Manitoba...

I guess I just assumed it was made in Manitoba since the farm is near Neepawa... I thoroughly enjoy all three of these beers... just picked up a case of St James pale ale for the most recent Sunday night football...

It will be soon. All the ingredients are grown there, and they just put the shovels in the ground for the brewery at Arden Hill recently. Hopefully they'll be able to expand to more than just a session lager...

Looks like more tickets have been sold on ticketmaster.  Whether many of those have been significantly discounted is anyone's guess although that could be one the reasons for Wade Miller's proclamation of expected profits in the range of $3 - $5 million.  $2 million is a significant disparity and might be attributed to the possible discounting on a large number of tickets.

Regardless, it appears there are only around 2,000 tickets available for the Grey Cup so progress appears to have been made.

Looks like more tickets have been sold on ticketmaster. Whether many of those have been significantly discounted is anyone's guess although that could be one the reasons for Wade Miller's proclamation of expected profits in the range of $3 - $5 million. $2 million is a significant disparity and might be attributed to the possible discounting on a large number of tickets.

Regardless, it appears there are only around 2,000 tickets available for the Grey Cup so progress appears to have been made.

The hold back lots of tickets until the current block is sold. Guarantee there's more than 2,000 left. Much more.

Looks like more tickets have been sold on ticketmaster. Whether many of those have been significantly discounted is anyone's guess although that could be one the reasons for Wade Miller's proclamation of expected profits in the range of $3 - $5 million. $2 million is a significant disparity and might be attributed to the possible discounting on a large number of tickets.

The hold back lots of tickets until the current block is sold. Guarantee there's more than 2,000 left. Much more.

Could very well be but there are less blue tickets (available seats) on ticketmaster then a week ago.  I doubt they would deliberately hold back more and more tickets week after week.  Some of those tickets have been sold in the past 5 or so days.

We will see blocks of tickets become available in the coming weeks not doubt, but I'm not sure it will be to the extent you believe.

How about an inverse sliding scale for beer prices. IE: the worse the Bombers are being thumped, the lower the prices, but if the Bombers are winning,the prices go up. Yeah, not very practical but I would bet this would get the Bombers a lot of great PR.

Could very well be but there are less blue tickets (available seats) on ticketmaster than less than a week ago. I doubt they would deliberately hold back more and more tickets week after week. Some of those tickets have been sold in the past 5 or so days.

We will see blocks of tickets become available in the coming weeks not doubt, but I'm not sure it will be to the extent you believe.

I'll believe ticket master over a poster on the site any day.

Could very well be but there are less blue tickets (available seats) on ticketmaster than less than a week ago. I doubt they would deliberately hold back more and more tickets week after week. Some of those tickets have been sold in the past 5 or so days.

I'll believe ticket master over a poster on the site any day.
It's common knowledge that Ticketmaster holds back tickets. But you're free to believe whatever you like.

The CFL controls ticket allocation. Tickets are held back until the two teams participating are determined. In the part each team had to purchase a certain allotment of tickets. If they couldn't sell them they would try and sell them to participating teams. It may or may not still be the case.

How about an inverse sliding scale for beer prices. IE: the worse the Bombers are being thumped, the lower the prices, but if the Bombers are winning,the prices go up. Yeah, not very practical but I would bet this would get the Bombers a lot of great PR.

haha you think some drunken fans get rowdy during losses now... imagine this scenario!  :o

Chiming in to voice support for the selling of local beers. It would be awesome if we could get Half Pints at Bomber games! Drinking Little Scrapper at games would make the losses hurt... slightly less.

Totally agree.  Little Scrapper is a nice IPA.  An option that is not currently available at the stadium.

haha you think some drunken fans get rowdy during losses now... imagine this scenario!  :o

But it would make for some memorable games, even if the Bombers lost badly. :D

Can someone explain to me why the stage is going there? Wasn't it an excuse to cover up the poor ticket sales a couple of months ago?

That is one rumor, yes. I think it is the main reason, but the club is going with the message that having a stage on the field wouldn't give as good sight lines for the concert for each seat as opposed to having it in one end zone.

There is also the rumor that the way the stadium is built, that it wasn't feasible to get a stage setup and removed quick enough during half time, but I don't believe that one as much. 

Can someone explain to me why the stage is going there? Wasn't it an excuse to cover up the poor ticket sales a couple of months ago?

Our half time is not long, so if you want people to perform in the center of the field, you really can't have much, if any stage there.  So that means that the stage has to go at one end of the stadium or the other, I'm at a loss as to where else one could put it.  Don't see too much conspiracy here.

Our half time is not long, so if you want people to perform in the center of the field, you really can't have much, if any stage there.  So that means that the stage has to go at one end of the stadium or the other, I'm at a loss as to where else one could put it.  Don't see too much conspiracy here.

Haven't they put the stage for the half time show for pretty much every other Grey Cup in the past two decades on the field?   I'm pretty sure other Grey Cups have even managed to have the stage in the middle of the field.

Suddenly now, in 2015 the half time is not long enough to do it?

Haven't they put the stage for the half time show for pretty much every other Grey Cup in the past two decades on the field?   I'm pretty sure other Grey Cups have even managed to have the stage in the middle of the field.

Yes, time moves faster now, or hadn't you noticed?  If you hadn't, you will... trust me!

I could very well be mistaken.  I don't pay attention to the half time show in general, but from my recollection, if they were on the field, I really didn't notice a stage, as such.  It would seem to me that having a fixed and ready stage at one end would allow for more elaborate planning of the act (pyrotechnics, lights and other "eye candy") than might otherwise be practical.

Yes, time moves faster now, or hadn't you noticed?  If you hadn't, you will... trust me!

I could very well be mistaken.  I don't pay attention to the half time show in general, but from my recollection, if they were on the field, I really didn't notice a stage, as such.  It would seem to me that having a fixed and ready stage at one end would allow for more elaborate planning of the act (pyrotechnics, lights and other "eye candy") than might otherwise be practical.

On a further note, I was expressing my opinion and you have disagreed with it.  This apparently makes you a very mean, mean person.  But I will do my best to rise above it and not complain too much.