Nick Moore Out 1 -2 Weeks

Rich

Bowman had good games and bad ones. Looking back he had way too many drops when he was here. He still has the dropsies in Edmonton too.. just not as much. Letting bowman go was a good move at the time.

Nope that was a bad coaching decision Edm moved him inside where the ball would get to him quicker less thinking on his part.He had all the tools we didn't use him right.

Championship teams can't rely on players as inconsistent as Bowman. That guy leaves way too many plays on the field.

Let's look at his body of work. Moore has played almost 5 seasons in the CFL. In those 5 seasons he has averaged 2 TDs a season and 530.8 yds a season. Hardly impressive. If you're Walters and you're looking at his three seasons in BC alone, he averaged 3 TDs and 518 yds a season. Also hardly impressive. He had one good season in 2013 when he scored 6 TDs and got 1,105 yards. Is that what Walters based his decision on?

Here are some of the receiving stats for slotbacks in our league taken from the CFL site for 2015:

Nick Moore. In almost 5 seasons he has produced an average of 2 TDs and 531 yds a season. 

Adarius Bowman. In almost 5 seasons he has produced an average of 4 TDs and 768 yds a season. 

Chad Owens. In almost 7 seasons he has produced an average of 3 TDs and 704 yds a season. 

S.J.Green. In almost 9 seasons he has produced an average of 4 TDs and 691 yds a season. 

Marquay McDaniel. In almost 7 seasons he has produced an average of 4 TDs and 705 yds a season. 

Chris Getzlaf. In almost 9 seasons he has produced an average of 4 TDs and 625 yds a season. 

Fred Stamps. In almost 9 seasons he has produced an average of 5 TDs and 915 yds a season. 

Shawn Gore. In almost 6 seasons he has produced an average of 3 TDs and 477 yds a season. 

... you get the picture. I couldn't find any salary stats but I understand Moore is one of the highest paid slotbacks in the league. If true, I stand by my contention that he is over-paid and a poor producer.

Except that if you look at Moore's first three years in BC, you'll see that each year was trending upwards, the third year dramatically so.  Of course that would be what Walters used to make his decision to acquire Moore.  What else would you suggest he do?  Wait until he's strung a whole bunch of dominating seasons together, then hope that he'll get to free agency?  He signed him because he showed real production and was only getting better.  To me, that's exactly when you go after a guy like that.  

And the issues he's faced since joining us have not been things that Walters could have anticipated.  Since being with us, he's battled injury issues, MB issues and this year Brohm/Marve issues.  So yes, there are problems, but again, without a time machine, Walters did what made sense at the time.  I'm sure that when negotiations come up, salary will be adjusted accordingly.

Stupid decision by O'Shea. This is a must win game and Moore said himself after practice he was good to go.

I assumed he aggravated it yesterday. You think this was a O'Shea decision?

Based on O'Sheas post practice interview, yes. O'Shea is being extra careful because there's still 7 games remaining. Tomorrow's game is almost like a playoff game for us, in terms of standings and teams we're battling with.

Moore is quickly becoming Cory Watson with this team. Lots of talent, just can't stay healthy. 

I agree that Walters signed him because he had a great year with BC and was the top free agent available. However, injuries have always been a problem with Moore even back to his college days. There must be a reason BC let him walk. Maybe it was his durability and they figured they had got all they were going to get from him. Turns out that may have been right. He's been a bust here with 1 measly TD in 2 seasons and on the shelf again. Foot injury, high ankle sprain, back injury, and now an undisclosed lower body injury all in a season and a half.

Other slotbacks have had their injury woes too yet have produced much better than Moore over the course of their careers (Stamps). Whatever the reason, the Bombers just seem to continually over-pay for players that perform at the bottom of the pack. What is with that? Bad luck? Bad signings? Whatever it is, we need to start getting durable, productive players in here. So far Walters' signings of players like Moore and Picard just haven't been good for the club and that needs to change. Even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut. It's past time for Walters to start hitting some home runs. Other teams do it (Edm.). Why can't we?

And if moore hurt himself tomorrow and was out even long? Mos can't win really.

I get it, but tomorrow is such a huge game. Almost like there's no tomorrow if we lose. Last playoff spot will come down to one of Montreal, BC and us.

You're right. BC still scares me and if they are playing a team other than Calgary last night they may very well have won that game. They have a player in Rainey that is a phenom and the new QB, #10, that they brought in looks like he can play ball. Montreal is always a threat with their defense and with Crompton coming back they will be all fired up. 

Moore is starting to become a bit of a concern. Two things players need to survive are productivity and reliability. Both of those are starting to come into question with Moore.

Agreed. Moore had one good year with BC, his last. First year he did nothing. Second year he played only 8 of 18 games. Third year he was lucky. Then he came here and has, well, sucked.

I don't get the Moore love. Statistically he has sucked most of his career. He has certainly sucked ever since he got here. I wish he'd just give us one good season so we can bait some other team into taking him and maybe get something in return. 

Walters gambled and lost on this guy.