Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed

Brandon

Team still struggles to finish drives.  Liram is number one on the blame list for this week, but that first half was atrocious from the offense.  The time of possession also heavily favoured the Eskies - 22 min to 38 min.  Unfortunately, Bellfool will be looked at as calling a good game solely on second half stats.  

As long as he is fired a the end of the season....

• 2 weeks later...

Only watched part of the game as I spent had some work to do and was flipping between the Bomber game, Jays game and Jets game.  Only 1 for 3 today. :(

With that said, It sure looks like the offense laid another stinker.  Generated nothing in the first half AGAIN.  Only 9 points in the first 57 minutes of  the game and less than 200 net yards in that same span.  Lots of garbage time stats to boost the offense's numbers.

What little I saw of Nicholls did not impress me.  A few of those short throws were inaccurate (again only what I saw) and I heard the commentator saying Nicholls really struggled with his long throws.  Guess it's safe to say he is a backup QB folks.  I don't think we have to worry about spending $200,000 base salary to keep him hear like one of the posters laughably suggested after his first or second game.

OC still has to assume responsibility for this tire fire of an offense in the end and this game appears to be another mark against Marcel.

In his post game interview, Nichols said they prepared the entire week for Ottawa to play man defense, because that's what Ottawa has done all year. Instead Ottawa came out playing zone. It took Marcel an entire first half to adjust to that. Wow.

I still think Nichols is starter material in this league with a competent OC. Marcel handcuffs the entire team.

I have come to the conclusion that when Nichols feels pressure and tries to make things happen, he comes unglued and throws picks. Much like Glenn he looks decent when nothing is on the line but neither handles stress well. Injury replacement looks to be Nichols ceiling.

Playing from behind and trying to force things will do that to a QB. I've seen Willy do the same.

Monday, November 9, 9:00 am ct.

This is what should happen. But considering how long it too O'Shea to fire Etch, firing Bellefeuille could drag on a while. I hope I'm wrong and O'Shea has learned a bit.

Bellefeuille is Miller's boy, not O'Shea's. It's Miller's job to fire him.

Monday, November 9, 9:00 am ct.

This is what should happen. But considering how long it too O'Shea to fire Etch, firing Bellefeuille could drag on a while. I hope I'm wrong and O'Shea has learned a bit.

Bellefeuille is Miller's boy, not O'Shea's. It's Miller's job to fire him.
Nope. O'Shea is the HC. Guarantee it won't be Miller firing Bellefeuille. O'Shea essentially re-hired Marcel when he took over as HC.

Nichols ability is unfortunately being masked by a crappy offensive system and at best an average receiving corps.   Last night he threw the ball away way too often when unable to find an open receiver.  Conversely, Burris always seemed to find an open receiver even on the run and when you thought for sure the play was doomed. 

Now are our receivers not coming back to the QB if he's scrambling or are they just not getting open?  I don't mean to pick on  Nick Moore but I noticed a few plays when Moore was not putting any effort in to his route.  I saw the same thing from Denmark and Kohlert.  With these new PI rules the advantage is to the receiver yet we still seem to be losing the battle. 

I still think Nichols is an above average QB but we'll never know for sure in this offence.   Thoughts?  

Note:  Liked the play of the O-line last night. 

Nichols ability is unfortunately being masked by a crappy offensive system and at best an average receiving corps. Last night he threw the ball away way too often when unable to find an open receiver. Conversely, Burris always seemed to find an open receiver even on the run and when you thought for sure the play was doomed.

Now are our receivers not coming back to the QB if he's scrambling or are they just not getting open? I don't mean to pick on Nick Moore but I noticed a few plays when Moore was not putting any effort in to his route. I saw the same thing from Denmark and Kohlert. With these new PI rules the advantage is to the receiver yet we still seem to be losing the battle.

I still think Nichols is an above average QB but we'll never know for sure in this offence. Thoughts?

Note: Liked the play of the O-line last night.

I agree 100% with this.

MB has never been a successful HC or OC in the CFL. I believe the best he has ever done with a team is 9-9 with Hamilton in his first year. His offense does not even attempt to stretch the field so the defense simply plays low and allows the 3 yard passes. Very interesting to watch the other teams as they seldom throw below 8 to 10 yards whereas we seldom throw beyond 8-10 yards. He should have been gone long ago but as has been stated here before MOS is too stubborn to make a move. He has demonstrated his stubbornness on many occasions this year so it is to be expected. Really sad because as a season ticket holder who will not be renewing his season tickets next year along with 4 others in our group of 8, I just don't care any more. MOS and MB have taken any enjoyment out of attending for me. Call me a wagon jumper if you will but before you do understand I have been a Bomber fan for over 60 years and this is the last straw. As has been stated in the news media and elsewhere, how is it that Ottawa can turn around an expansion team in a year; how come Edmonton can do the same. One answer; they have better coaches that we were unable to sign. I can't believe it is all the players fault.

Nichols ability is unfortunately being masked by a crappy offensive system and at best an average receiving corps.   Last night he threw the ball away way too often when unable to find an open receiver.  Conversely, Burris always seemed to find an open receiver even on the run and when you thought for sure the play was doomed. 

Now are our receivers not coming back to the QB if he's scrambling or are they just not getting open?  I don't mean to pick on  Nick Moore but I noticed a few plays when Moore was not putting any effort in to his route.  I saw the same thing from Denmark and Kohlert.  With these new PI rules the advantage is to the receiver yet we still seem to be losing the battle. 

I still think Nichols is an above average QB but we'll never know for sure in this offence.   Thoughts?  

Note:  Liked the play of the O-line last night. 

Totally disagree...wouldn't put anything Denmark or Nick Moore or Kohlert, but I would on Adams.

Last night Nichols didn't need any help from a crappy offensive system, he was crappy all by himself. On the play to the wide side where he threw the pick, he had an outlet right over the middle 8 yards or so from the line of scrimmage...Never should have thrown the pick, just bad decisions. He had time to throw as well. He was very inaccurate especially in the first half.

I guess we should play the second half first from now on. MB seems incapable of devising good plans for the first half.