August 3 practice update

gbill2004

Bob Irving ‏@BobIrvingCJOB now27 seconds ago

Justin veltung working first team bomber offence. Looks like they will go 4 import receivers vs Hamilton.

Moore, Denmark, Adams, Veltung and Kohlert?  Now THAT's a receiving core.  They could run sweeps with Veltung/Denmark/Cotton and keep the defense guessing.

Run some cross-buck action ...

Also Veltung adds some much needed speed. The guy is a burner for sure. Bombers seem to be lacking in the team speed department and Veltung over JFG or Bastien or whichever CDN he would replace definitely adds more speed out there. 

Yeah the combination of hands and speed is a real boon. Otherwise it's pretty much just Denmark as the burner out there. 

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming

#Bombers O-line back to it's healthy No. 1 unit — today anyway — Bryant, Neufeld, Picard, Chungh, Daniels.

Puls... rate ....slowing....blood....pressure....falling....sphincter....unclenching.....putting...the...Librium...away. Deleting suicide hotline #  from speed-dial....

Question with Greaves playing LT. Isn't it more difficult to play OT than OG?

It would be considered that because the really big men have to be more athletic and nimble on their feet to handle the outside speed.  Considering Greaves is more in that vein than a brawler, maybe it's not totally crazy.  I'm guessing they'd like to have him get a few thousand or so practises under his belt before trying it.  And I'm also sure they'd rather just start Bryant.

OT is a finesse position...extremely difficult.....OG is a brawl. You just gotta be a scrapper, and the dirtier the better. Sheridan was a beauty while he lasted, 'cause he was a real nasty prick in there.

Question with Greaves playing LT. Isn't it more difficult to play OT than OG?

they probably fully expect Bryant to play and want the rest of the line to play the positions they'll play in the game, plus if Greaves is going to be a backup it's good that he gets reps at all positions in practise because he might need to play more positions. 

For what it's worth Joe Mack always viewed Greaves as a potential tackle. 

that's a shame about Moore...musta woke up feeling worse than expected.

or he was up all night driving back from the Taylor Swift concert in Edmonton...
I'd say this is the likely scenario. I heard Moore is a big Taylor Swift fan.

Who isn't though?

Mike O'Shea probably isn't.