Election 2015

FrostyWinnipeg

Nope. I read the posts. Anti-Harper nonsense. Like the PM shouldn't be in a protected motorcade. It's people like that that reinforces why the PM should be in a motorcade and the RCMP should be holding traffic.

If Mulcair was PM Id feel the same way. The position deserves respect even if you don't like the person holding the position.

I was reading about the PM's residence and what a shithole it is but no one wants to be the PM when they spend $10m on it which it desperately needs. Doesn't matter who is PM, these things should be given the respect they deserve.

Personally Id think it was pretty cool if I saw the motorcade pass by.

"Nope. I read the posts. Anti-Harper nonsense" - That' s your reasoning? I still think it's the delay that caused the "outrage"

(But yeah, I can see, when people found out who caused it, that they would be upset at his highness showing up the little people.)

The posts were framed as "Harper!!!!!!" So I think it was more about him. And one reply was imploring people to "get this man out!!!"

But again "his highness" is a good example. How dare the PM have a protected motorcade. Remember when someone tried to kill Cretien? Guess they shouldn't have increased security.

Nope. I read the posts. Anti-Harper nonsense. Like the PM shouldn't be in a protected motorcade. It's people like that that reinforces why the PM should be in a motorcade and the RCMP should be holding traffic.

If Mulcair was PM Id feel the same way. The position deserves respect even if you don't like the person holding the position.

I was reading about the PM's residence and what a shithole it is but no one wants to be the PM when they spend $10m on it which it desperately needs. Doesn't matter who is PM, these things should be given the respect they deserve.

Does Harper still deserve respect even if you don't respect him as a human being?

Does Harper still deserve respect even if you don't respect him as a human being?

The position of Prime Minister always deserves respect.

Mercer (...and the 22 Mins crew, for that matter...) are HARD left, but I still love their Harper take-downs. Mercer's a really smart dude...

but it's interesting, when I go back and read the book of his rants from 22 minutes, when the Liberals were entrenched in power, you'd swear that he was right leaning cause he ******* hated the Liberals back then. 

With him it's all about taking any party to task over things he doesn't like. 

the current 22 minutes gang are all NDP nuts. I suspect a majority of their writing staff are on Reddit cause they get a lot of material straight from there and Reddit is the most left leaning place out there. It's sickening to read the crap these kiddies actually believe. 

Mercer is a satirist. He will take down whoever is in power. he did it to the Liberals when they were in power and he is doing to the Conservatives now. Would he do it if the NDP where come in to power? I say yes, and if he doesn't, I will so I can make the money he makes.

Mercer (...and the 22 Mins crew, for that matter...) are HARD left, but I still love their Harper take-downs. Mercer's a really smart dude...

but it's interesting, when I go back and read the book of his rants from 22 minutes, when the Liberals were entrenched in power, you'd swear that he was right leaning cause he ******* hated the Liberals back then. 

With him it's all about taking any party to task over things he doesn't like. 

the current 22 minutes gang are all NDP nuts. I suspect a majority of their writing staff are on Reddit cause they get a lot of material straight from there and Reddit is the most left leaning place out there. It's sickening to read the crap these kiddies actually believe. 

Mercer is a satirist. He will take down whoever is in power. he did it to the Liberals when they were in power and he is doing to the Conservatives now. Would he do it if the NDP where come in to power? I say yes, and if he doesn't, I will so I can make the money he makes.

Thought this one was pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg5ZZW6MCu0

I agree.  Mercer gives it both sides, when they deserve it, while those 22 Minutes boneheads are just plain idiots.  It's lucky they have the CBC to call home to spread their leftist garbage.  I am no Rob Ford fan but that complete psychopath leftist Mary Walsh was just plain awful when she dressed up as that warrior thing and harassed him at his house.  I could only imagine the cries of outrage from the loony left if Ezra Levant dressed up in some warrior costume and harassed a nutbar like Linda McQuaig at her home.

This article had me bursting out laughing at all of the hypocrites here who have been crying their giant crocodile tears about what a mean dictator Stephen Harper is, while pumping Tom Mulcair as some sort of hero of democracy.  It turns out Herr Mulcair is more Himmler than Cleisthenes.  But of course, who is surprised by this, really, given what a giant arsehole Mulcair has shown himself to be?

Thomas Mulcair Is A Ruthless Dictator Like Harper, Says Green MP Who Left The NDP

NDP Leader Thomas Mulcair is just as dictatorial as Conservative Leader Stephen Harper, says New Democrat turned-Green MP Bruce Hyer.

In a Facebook post Sunday, Hyer said that if voters handed Mulcair and the NDP a majority government this fall, Canadians would be on their way to enjoying “another dictatorial Prime Minister.”

“Mulcair is a ruthless man who will say and do anything to get elected. Just like Stephen Harper,” wrote Hyer, the incumbent candidate in the Ontario riding of Thunder Bay–Superior North. “He certainly is not Jack Layton, and the NDP is no longer the Democratic Party that it was under Jack Layton.”

Since Layton’s death, Hyer said, the NDP now stands for “Non Democratic Party.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/08/17/bruce-hyer-thomas-mulcair_n_7996188.html

I agree.  Mercer gives it both sides, when they deserve it, while those 22 Minutes boneheads are just plain idiots.  It's lucky they have the CBC to call home to spread their leftist garbage.  I am no Rob Ford fan but that complete psychopath leftist Mary Walsh was just plain awful when she dressed up as that warrior thing and harassed him at his house.  I could only imagine the cries of outrage from the loony left if Ezra Levant dressed up in some warrior costume and harassed a nutbar like Linda McQuaig at her home.

And yet he probably should, Ezra I mean! lol  Although Ezra seems to be trying to keep a less-crazy profile lately.

Reading some comments by NDP candidates and its pretty surprising how bigoted and anti-industry they can be.  Im sure all the parties have some nutjob candidates but the NDP seem to attract anti-Isreal ones a lot.  Perhaps Mulcair should offer to broker peace with ISIS and fly over there for an in-person meeting.  What could possibly go wrong?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/opinion/sunday/the-closing-of-the-canadian-mind.html?smid=tw-share&_r=3

Article about Harper from The New York Times. Not very flattering...

Lol that's like quoting the Sun on a Trudeau article. NYT openly leans to the left.

You can't trust any media.....ever.

T.v., radio, print, all garbage. All have an angle and use propaganda to sway people and social engineer.

You could look at ten articles on the same story and still not know the truth. Too many outlets owned by too few corporations

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/opinion/sunday/the-closing-of-the-canadian-mind.html?smid=tw-share&_r=3

Article about Harper from The New York Times. Not very flattering...

Lol that's like quoting the Sun on a Trudeau article. NYT openly leans to the left.

You can't trust any media.....ever.

T.v., radio, print, all garbage. All have an angle and use propaganda to sway people and social engineer.

You could look at ten articles on the same story and still not know the truth. Too many outlets owned by too few corporations

Thats very true. 

And yet he probably should, Ezra I mean! lol  Although Ezra seems to be trying to keep a less-crazy profile lately.

Reading some comments by NDP candidates and its pretty surprising how bigoted and anti-industry they can be.  Im sure all the parties have some nutjob candidates but the NDP seem to attract anti-Isreal ones a lot.  Perhaps Mulcair should offer to broker peace with ISIS and fly over there for an in-person meeting.  What could possibly go wrong?

I keep asking the NDP people I know (who are all pro-Hamas and hate Israel) how they are going to deal with the fact that Mulcair is pro-Israel, and all I get is either silence or "wait and see", which to me indicates that Mulcair's pro-Israel stance is just a ruse to try and get elected.  I think this is what Mulcair is doing on a lot of fronts: convince us that his party isn't nuts, and then unleash the nuts after the election.  After hearing what a dictator he is I can believe that he has all of these loons under an iron grip and won't let them go until post October 19th.  Then look out.

I keep asking the NDP people I know (who are all pro-Hamas and hate Israel) how they are going to deal with the fact that Mulcair is pro-Israel, and all I get is either silence or "wait and see", which to me indicates that Mulcair's pro-Israel stance is just a ruse to try and get elected.  I think this is what Mulcair is doing on a lot of fronts: convince us that his party isn't nuts, and then unleash the nuts after the election.  After hearing what a dictator he is I can believe that he has all of these loons under an iron grip and won't let them go until post October 19th.  Then look out.

No the thing the dippers don't understand is that Mulcair is doing what you have to do in order to actually be electable in this country, he's dragging them kicking and screaming towards the centre. Like Harper when you have a party with such a lunatic fringe you have to put the clamps on them hard because here in Canada crap from the fringe of either side doesn't fly with most of the people. Should the NDP actually win there are going to be an awful lot of NDP supporters who are disappointed that Mulcair isn't way out in left field. 

Hear what Stephen Harper - opposition leader, has to say about Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

https://video-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xfp1/v/t43.1792-2/11762333_888929004559575_401760476_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MTAyNH0%3D&rl=1500&vabr=666&oh=aacf5e35532788566cc9538218399404&oe=55D2D76D

Aug.10 - Government for all Canadians, not just the wealthy

community

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/tasha-kheiriddin-with-his-new-life-means-life-bill-harper-has-found-his-wedge

Life means life. Vote Conservative.

On Wednesday, Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced that that the government will introduce legislation to keep criminals “too cruel and dangerous to be put back into freedom” locked up permanently, with no possibility of parole.

“… our hope is always for permanent rehabilitation, but there are some of the most dangerous and violent offenders whose actions mean we cannot risk putting them back on our streets.” But he also broadened the scope of criminals to those convicted of high treason. That would encompass terrorist-related offences, tying the proposed law into the current debate over combating jihadism — and Canadians’ fear that they are less safe today than they were two years ago.

...it’s hard to imagine NDP leader Thomas Mulcair or Liberal leader Justin Trudeau going to bat for the Schoenberns or Lis of the world.

To insulate themselves further from criticism, the Tories have included a very faint hope clause in the new law, one unlikely to ever be applied. After 35 years behind bars, a criminal serving a “life is life” sentence can petition the public safety minister to let him or her out. The decision will not rest with a parole board, but with Cabinet, persons “fully accountable to their fellow citizens,” in the Prime Minister`s words — and persons who would never take the political risk of freeing a dangerous criminal who might reoffend.

To insulate themselves further from criticism, the Tories have included a very faint hope clause in the new law, one unlikely to ever be applied. After 35 years behind bars, a criminal serving a “life is life” sentence can petition the public safety minister to let him or her out. The decision will not rest with a parole board, but with Cabinet, persons “fully accountable to their fellow citizens,” in the Prime Minister`s words — and persons who would never take the political risk of freeing a dangerous criminal who might reoffend.

This part is a cheap political move. The term kangaroo court comes to mind.

This part is a cheap political move. The term kangaroo court comes to mind.

Not really.  I mean, I can see the argument that the tools within the justice system should be used to decide parole but the fact is, this puts the onus on elected officials to make decisions and be answerable to the public.  In 35 years it could be a Conservative, Liberal, NDP or whatever government so it's not partisan. 

We could go further and elect judges.

Im actually sort of on the side of rehabilitation in some cases.  The Vince Li case is a tough one.  But its a concrete position to take for a party to say "this is where we stand on justice".  And I dont think its a wishy washy position.  Dropping the GST by a point is a political move.  This is a concrete position that will gain traction with X amount of people and, honestly, there will be people who whole heartedly disagree.

Sure, its difficult for an opposition leader to argue against life sentences being life sentences.  But thats sort of the point.  If I was against it, I'd be supporting of my party making a reasonable argument in favour of rehabilitation.  These are the kinds of concrete policy announcements every party should make.  Its simple for the public to understand and take a position on.  And I doubt Harper is saying the opposite in french.

Here's a good example from the Liberals as to why party leaders want to strictly control the message. What a dispicable candidate

https://bcblue.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/liberal-candidate-wished-israel-supporter-had-been-aborted-with-coat-hanger/

Google Tom Lukiwski, MP and current Parliamentary Secretary then consider this a case of the pot calling the kettle black.  

That said, each party is going to have candidates with a few skeletons in their closets .. you'd hope that the people vetting these individuals would do a more thorough job and ensure they are fit to represent the values of their constituents and Canada as a whole.

Here's a good example from the Liberals as to why party leaders want to strictly control the message. What a dispicable candidate

https://bcblue.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/liberal-candidate-wished-israel-supporter-had-been-aborted-with-coat-hanger/

Google Tom Lukiwski, MP and current Parliamentary Secretary then consider this a case of the pot calling the kettle black.  

That said, each party is going to have candidates with a few skeletons in their closets .. you'd hope that the people vetting these individuals would do a more thorough job and ensure they are fit to represent the values of their constituents and Canada as a whole.

Im not saying its a Liberal problem.  Just saying.  Probably more a NDP problem actually as their candidates have been saying some goofy things.  But the anti-Semitic nature of the NDP doesnt seem so much a nut job position as a general NDP one.  The comment from the Liberal candidate is just foolish if you want to be an elected official in Canada and she certainly seems like a miserable human being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwumZ5I6vkM