Is Irvin Riding Shotgun for O'Shea?

LeBird

Troy has lots of good stuff to say, he's just not afraid to mention the things that aren't going well.

The concerns about MB sound eerily like  posts of a couple seasons ago.  All you need to do is replace Crowton with MB.    

You're not being positive. You're a bad fan. /s

you want less commercials? Stop listening to CJOB. No business is going to turn down money and listeners don't pay radio stations money. That comes from the advertisers.

It's a losing business strategy tho. More commercial = fewer listeners = can't charge advertisers as much. CJOB's rating have been declining the past few years. The station is getting stale.

you want less commercials? Stop listening to CJOB. No business is going to turn down money and listeners don't pay radio stations money. That comes from the advertisers.

It's a losing business strategy tho. More commercial = fewer listeners = can't charge advertisers as much. CJOB's rating have been declining the past few years. The station is getting stale.

CJOB is well beyond stale, it's downright crusty.

CJOB is well beyond stale, it's downright crusty.
Just like Bob Irving...crusty.

I haven't listen to the coaches show live for over a year... I timed it once and over 1/2 is commercials and "news" ... there is about 20 minutes of football content and

I agree Bob Irving is tossing softballs up for O'Shea...

The only way to listen is http://www.cjob.com/audio-on-demand/

Then you can skip to the "I have to watch the Film" and "Hurl is a doing his job" and "Brohm needed the work" and so on...

Yeah O'Shea does come in with a lot of the same answers to questions.  One guy I listened to did nail him though, and said that he had called in last week and told O'Shea that Winnipeg hadn't won in Edmonton since the Milt Miracle, and then when O'Shea was being interviewed on TSN he told Dunigan before the game on Saturday that he wasn't aware of Winnipeg's losing streak in Edmonton, so the caller said "Don't you even listen to what the callers are saying?"  I think the answer to that is obvious.

I haven't listen to the coaches show live for over a year... I timed it once and over 1/2 is commercials and "news" ... there is about 20 minutes of football content and

I agree Bob Irving is tossing softballs up for O'Shea...

The only way to listen is http://www.cjob.com/audio-on-demand/

Then you can skip to the "I have to watch the Film" and "Hurl is a doing his job" and "Brohm needed the work" and so on...

Yeah O'Shea does come in with a lot of the same answers to questions. One guy I listened to did nail him though, and said that he had called in last week and told O'Shea that Winnipeg hadn't won in Edmonton since the Milt Miracle, and then when O'Shea was being interviewed on TSN he told Dunigan before the game on Saturday that he wasn't aware of Winnipeg's losing streak in Edmonton, so the caller said "Don't you even listen to what the callers are saying?" I think the answer to that is obvious.

That caller was great.

Troy has lots of good stuff to say, he's just not afraid to mention the things that aren't going well.

The concerns about MB sound eerily like  posts of a couple seasons ago.  All you need to do is replace Crowton with MB.    

Does TSN have an accessible audio archives?  Looked but have not found.

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and go against the crowd on this one. I don't think Bellefeuille is a particularly great OC, but I don't think he's the problem either right now.

I think Willy has thrived in this system, and I think it actually does play to his strengths.  Willy's also gotten better at reading and reacting to blitzes, which was a big problem early on.

At this point I think any system would be downright awful with Brohm at QB. I don't think Marve is going to be the answer either, but we're at the point where its his turn to see if he can make something happen.

Does TSN have an accessible audio archives?  Looked but have not found.

This seems to be it: http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and go against the crowd on this one. I don't think Bellefeuille is a particularly great OC, but I don't think he's the problem either right now.

I think Willy has thrived in this system, and I think it actually does play to his strengths.  Willy's also gotten better at reading and reacting to blitzes, which was a big problem early on.

At this point I think any system would be downright awful with Brohm at QB. I don't think Marve is going to be the answer either, but we're at the point where its his turn to see if he can make something happen.

MB is definitely a problem.  His plays are lackluster and predictable.  By the end of the half the other team has figured us out.  Like others have pointed out, look what he did to Calvillo in Montreal.

MB is definitely a problem.  His plays are lackluster and predictable.  By the end of the half the other team has figured us out.  Like others have pointed out, look what he did to Calvillo in Montreal.

People can talk about his work with Calvillo all they want. It was worth considering his work with Calvillo when we hired him, obviously, by looking at his prior work and seeing his successes and failures. 

He's been here long enough that we can judge whether he is the right OC for us based on what he is showing as Bomber coach. I see an offense that's been able to attack downfield often yet still manage to maintain a high completion rate from their (starting) QB. 

I think almost every fan in the CFL feels their OC is too predictable. Its always easy to look back on it. Part of me feels that fans want some ridiculous trick plays consistently, but that's not part of the discussion here, just a tangent on my part.  I think if you study the offense week in and week out you can see the wrinkles he keeps adding. The formations and movement prior to the snap for instance have shown a clear desire to show the current opponent one thing, and present further options in later weeks. Little things, like having Moore head towards the QB with the potential of taking a hand off.

All this isn't to say MB is perfect. He deserves his share of the blame as the guy who's in charge of the offense. Still, MB gets little of the praise when the offense works and seemingly the most blame when the offense doesn't. Meanwhile, Willy struggled against blitzes early in the season, there are still several OL struggling to maintain blocks consistently, and Brian Brohm flat out can't hit an open receiver. Anytime Willy gets hit we're reminded that MB's offenses have had QBs take a lot of hits. This is a valid criticism if applied correctly, but often I think here it isn't. For example, Tyler got blown backwards and beaten immediately on the play Willy got hit on. Other times Willy has failed to identify the direction of the blitz, resulting in a hit. None of this is on MB. Now, there have been times when we've reduced the protection in favour of spreading out the offense, and in some of these cases I think the criticism of getting his QB hit is warranted. 

The thing I'm most hoping for is Willy to stay healthy, because I think he can be outstanding in this offense. And if he isn't, then at least we have more film to work off of when fans are evaluating both Willy and MB. Having Brohm play is complicating the evaluation and probably providing a more negative outlook on this offense, in my opinion.

Ok. Seriously, I know you wanna hang brohm but 2 of those picks were on the receiver almost as much of not more so then on brohm.

Not making excuses for the guy because he HAS been atrocious. His accuracy is brutal but I hope that was due to conditions and not just because be blows that badly. He seems to be a QB who needs a game or two to find a rhythm.

Ok. Seriously, I know you wanna hang brohm but 2 of those picks were on the receiver almost as much of not more so then on brohm.

Not making excuses for the guy because he HAS been atrocious. His accuracy is brutal but I hope that was due to conditions and not just because be blows that badly. He seems to be a QB who needs a game or two to find a rhythm.

Conditions had dissipated by the time Brohm entered the game, so yes he does blow that badly.

Conditions had dissipated by the time Brohm entered the game, so yes he does blow that badly.

Field is still wet, balls are still slick.. It's not like the humidity and moisture just disappears.

Field is still wet, balls are still slick.. It's not like the humidity and moisture just disappears.
Alright Spuds I am gonna call you out on this one call it a friendly bet. If Brohm throws for 3 touchdowns I will post on here that you saw something 99% of the people here including me missed.If he Shats the bed again you post that ya Brohm sucks. What do you say?

Similar conditions didn't seem to traumatize the Esks. nearly as much.

Alright Spuds I am gonna call you out on this one call it a friendly bet. If Brohm throws for 3 touchdowns I will post on here that you saw something 99% of the people here including me missed.If he Shats the bed again you post that ya Brohm sucks. What do you say?

Atrocious to you is less harsh then he sucks?

I'm not in anyway advocating for brohm in a sense that I even believe he should be our backup.. I'm simply saying he isn't at a level of mike Quinn or justin holland..

Similar conditions didn't seem to traumatize the Esks. nearly as much.

Nope I agree on that. The shmoes backup QBs make ours look brutal by comparison..