Other Games Thread Ott/Cal BC/TO Sask/Ham

Jpan85

Just finished watching the Sask-Hammy game and I was watching the discipline and effort of the Greenies while the Saturday Bomber debacle was still fresh in my memory. As much as we have slagged Chamblin, Taman and company, the Riders played as if they cared about the outcome. Had Glenn not been injured, they might even have won, but the point is that both teams played the game with energy and like they were well coached. The contrast to the Bomber performance of late was stark, and the only conclusion I can draw is that the problems of the team are more of the coaching variety than the talent, and that means we are in for another disasterous season and probably no better than last year, Willy or no Willy.

Glenn threw the interception that basically ended the game for the riders.

Spin it all you want 2-3 is better than 0-5.

You a rider fan tracker? Must be if you are giving up on the bombers this early. See you next season I guess

I've been a Bomber fan for some 40 plus years and I've been there through good seasons and bad. With that experience, it gets easier to see when a team is going though a rough stretch and with little hope for improvement in the short term. By the way, I was complimentary to the 'Cats as well, but they have not been the subject of ridicule in this forum as the Riders have. I was comparing the effort and execution of the Riders to the Bombers in their most recent games, and that is a valid comparison.

Glenn threw the interception that basically ended the game for the riders.

Spin it all you want 2-3 is better than 0-5.

You a rider fan tracker? Must be if you are giving up on the bombers this early. See you next season I guess

I've been a Bomber fan for some 40 plus years and I've been there through good seasons and bad. With that experience, it gets easier to see when a team is going though a rough stretch and with little hope for improvement in the short term. By the way, I was complimentary to the 'Cats as well, but they have not been the subject of ridicule in this forum as the Riders have. I was comparing the effort and execution of the Riders to the Bombers in their most recent games, and that is a valid comparison.

The Riders looked as resigned to the fact they were going to lose once the game got to 28-21 as the Bombers did when Willy went down.  They wouldn't even let their backup QB throw the ball.

Just finished watching the Sask-Hammy game and I was watching the discipline and effort of the Greenies while the Saturday Bomber debacle was still fresh in my memory. As much as we have slagged Chamblin, Taman and company, the Riders played as if they cared about the outcome. Had Glenn not been injured, they might even have won, but the point is that both teams played the game with energy and like they were well coached. The contrast to the Bomber performance of late was stark, and the only conclusion I can draw is that the problems of the team are more of the coaching variety than the talent, and that means we are in for another disasterous season and probably no better than last year, Willy or no Willy.

we played a stellar half of football and started losing when brohm and tyler forgot how to play football..

Talking up a 0 and 5 team over "your" team... especially it being the riders...

we played a stellar half of football and started losing when brohm and tyler forgot how to play football..

Talking up a 0 and 5 team over "your" team... especially it being the riders...

Devin Tyler was getting dominated by Willis... hopefully Jace Daniels is back soon...

When the Bombers make a successful play it seems to be the exception, whereas when other teams do it - it's expected. Bombers are running around out there but there is an obvious lack of focus. Snakebit by this sickness the past few years and its not clear MOS recognizes it or knows what to do .... Willy not looking like much of a winner either.

If you look at play execution, discipline and tackling as bellweathers of how ready the team is to play, the Bombers got a solid "F" last Saturday. Even while Willy was still in the game, they were tentative as all getout, but as soon as Brohm came in, the whole team started playing as if they did not expect to win. And they didn't.