Bombers/Als Gameday Non-Chat Room Non-GIF Thread

BigBlue

For those of us too challenged to use the chat room ... For those of us ... who don't know a gif from a pdf ... For those of us ... who value our own opinion and just can't type fast enough to remember what everyone is discussing and don't want to scroll up all the time in case we can't find our place again

For those of hoping to be able to remember our own chain of thought .... here is our game day thread

Enjoy

Bombers D awful for a good part of this game. Huge chunks of yardage to Green and run D looked bad again. Should have killed Montreal tonight but snuck outta there with 2pts. Take em, tuck your tail and slink outta there..

I will keep battling this idea that the Bombers were bad. Ya, this one wasn't nearly as pretty or efficient as the W against the Riders. Still I thought both teams played well tonight.

Bombers' offense couldn't finish their drives but they still moved the ball. Willy makes all the difference. The passing game was so much more effective. They had the right idea with hot routes tonight but still have to sharpen them. Couple of knockdowns by the DL hurt them too. I think the offense after two games with Willy overall has a positive outlook. Montreal was extremely aggressive tonight but the Bombers didn't fold like they did last week. 

The D has 3-5 breakdowns a game. Today we survived despite those, but they still need to be cut down. I thought they looked like they were sorting things out more. Leggett was much more like the safety we saw last year, and like Willy, has a huge impact on his side of the ball. The weak spot still is the DL. We can't get pressure and that's why QBs are putting up big numbers. The new guys on the line helped a bit, so I'm hoping that they continue to tinker to find the right combo. People in the chat complained about the run D but I thought that wasn't an issue tonight.

Lots to work on, but growth in the right direction. I'm pretty pleased with the outing.

I will keep battling this idea that the Bombers were bad. Ya, this one wasn't nearly as pretty or efficient as the W against the Riders. Still I thought both teams played well tonight.

Bombers' offense couldn't finish their drives but they still moved the ball. Willy makes all the difference. The passing game was so much more effective. They had the right idea with hot routes tonight but still have to sharpen them. Couple of knockdowns by the DL hurt them too. I think the offense after two games with Willy overall has a positive outlook. Montreal was extremely aggressive tonight but the Bombers didn't fold like they did last week. 

The D has 3-5 breakdowns a game. Today we survived despite those, but they still need to be cut down. I thought they looked like they were sorting things out more. Leggett was much more like the safety we saw last year, and like Willy, has a huge impact on his side of the ball. The weak spot still is the DL. We can't get pressure and that's why QBs are putting up big numbers. The new guys on the line helped a bit, so I'm hoping that they continue to tinker to find the right combo. People in the chat complained about the run D but I thought that wasn't an issue tonight.

Lots to work on, but growth in the right direction. I'm pretty pleased with the outing.

I think the game against Edm. is going to be much the same as this battle.  Hope they can eek out 2 pts. because I don't think they will be able to beat Cgy.

Love to know what they saw that nobody else did. Even als fans were saying it was the wrong call on twitter

Other than that major gaff I thought the refs. did a decent job tonight.  It wasn't a flagfest like other games have been so it seems as if the players are starting to play to the rule changes. 

Love to know what they saw that nobody else did. Even als fans were saying it was the wrong call on twitter

From the angle they had it looked like the ball didn't cross the line. Problem is the camera angle wasn't straight on. The official did have a better view.

I say it all the time, and I'm gonna say it again.  They need to run the ball more.  Look at what happened when they gave it to Marshall at the end.  He just plowed through the field.  They got 2 good backs and MB doesn't seem to know how to use them.

But I'm glad they won nonetheless.

Other than that major gaff I thought the refs. did a decent job tonight.  It wasn't a flagfest like other games have been so it seems as if the players are starting to play to the rule changes. 

The first half seemed to have a ton of flags, and then very little in the second. I think they're still struggling to figure out consistency. Did both teams magically improve in the second half or did they just decide to put their whistles away?

My sequencial plays of the game go to the Defence and Special Teams.

With 59 seconds left in the 1st half, Hajrullahu punts the ball 51 yards to the Montreal 18 yard line.

The Defence then comes through when Kashawn Fraser tackles Giguere after 3 yards. Then the defence force Cato to run and he negligently runs out of bounds and STOPS the clock. Huge mistake. That defence, forcing the rookie Cato to run, was huge.

Montreal is forced to punt and Winnipeg obviously calls their punt blocking scheme and Lin-J shell blocks the punt resulting in a TD.

A fantastic series of Bomber plays.