CFL Week 2 Other Games - CGY at MTL / BC at OTT / TOR at SSK

If Ottawa had a decent quarterback, they'd be a contender. everything is good except hank.

he's had horseshoes in this game.

Agree but not sure they have his replacement on the roster yet.  Wonder which QB's will be available through free agency next year.

think they make a play on Tate?

with my usual stance that I want whats best for the league, im glad Ottawa is having an amazing start to the season, CFL needed it badly, 

with my usual stance that I want whats best for the league, im glad Ottawa is having an amazing start to the season, CFL needed it badly, 

You know what the CFL needs? A Blue Bombers Grey Cup victory.

I hate Hank but at the same time, I'm laughing at Wally Buono's stupidity for firing Benevides.  Jeff Tedford is an epic fail and Buono has gotten old and senile and is gonna cause BC to go 4-14 lol.

You can't be serious.  Tedford has only coached one game in the CFL, you've got a mighty short rope for hanging.

I think USABomberfan has been watching Donald Trump show a fair bit.  "You're fired!"

Lol that statement about Tedford was more of a shot at that silly old GM Buono who's getting bad up there and causing a gong show up in Vancouver and personally I don't want Tedford to get fired because we can finish ahead of BC if they keep him lol.

Lol I don't need to be a scout to see Brohm tossing passes in the dirt yet Cato throwing bullets between the numbers.

The last 5 years we could use the old o line didn't give the qb time to throw excuse... But this season we can't use that excuse.

Regardless the old Brohm didn't have reps excuse is hilarious since Cato had absolutely nothing and no cfl experience and managed to throw simple 8 yard passes...

The redblacks look like a real football team this year.  I was wondering what Burris would look like with some real receivers at his disposal and now I know... He looks like a good QB again.  Sure he almost threw a couple of INT's in the first Q, but after that he was pretty much on his game.  

Everyone on the panel kept saying how great Lulay was playing.  Don't know what they were seeing.  His accuracy, especially on his deep throws, was off.  His timing was too.  Lots of rust there, but nice to see him out competing again.  Was looking forward to seeing Tedfords no huddle offence.  Was disappointed.  Here's a hint... the no huddle shouldn't be getting the snap off with 1 or 2 seconds left on the clock.

So far, we were the worst team in the CFL this week by a country mile.

Yeah, they sure get on a theme don't they? Once they're on it, they stay with it.

I wonder sometimes, how coaches make their decisions about players.

Watching Crompton, then Bridge last week, then watching Cato run the  offence for Montreal, is Cato that much better than Crompton and Bridge? I know, just one game, but the guy looked pretty  good, including against the blitz.

And if he is, why couldn't they see it? He wasn't even on the roster before this week.

Maybe some guys play better in practice than others, and some guys play better in games than others. Maybe if they're expecting too much from Crompton, should run more when he's playing.

I wonder what goes through coaches heads. Do they make excuses for some guys, and ignore how good some other guys are? Do they look at stats too much?

After the Bomber game Doug Brown said,( I think ), that coaches tend to not like quarterbacks like Marve, that don't just run the play that's called. Makes sense.

The way Cato played is the way I'd like to see Marve play, really the way a "mobile" QB needs to play.  Get on the move when you can, but be composed in the pocket and make throws from the pocket when you need to.  Cato could zip the ball around the field from the pocket because his lower body was not busy, his feet were set and toward his target most of the time.  This is the biggest problem Marve still had in the pre-season, causing inaccurate throws.

Still a lot of luck for Cato in that game IMO, and who knows if he can keep that up as teams force him to sit in the pocket, an experience guy like Collaros struggles when teams do that effectively to him.  Too early to move Cato out of the Rocky Butler category.

The way Cato played is the way I'd like to see Marve play, really the way a "mobile" QB needs to play.  Get on the move when you can, but be composed in the pocket and make throws from the pocket when you need to.  Cato could zip the ball around the field from the pocket because his lower body was not busy, his feet were set and toward his target most of the time.  This is the biggest problem Marve still had in the pre-season, causing inaccurate throws.

Still a lot of luck for Cato in that game IMO, and who knows if he can keep that up as teams force him to sit in the pocket, an experience guy like Collaros struggles when teams do that effectively to him.  Too early to move Cato out of the Rocky Butler category.

I don't know if the stamps were out all night partying but that was not the stamps team that dominated the west last year and is expected to return to the grey cup this year.  Not to take anything away from the Als but they didn't beat the real stamps.   

Wait till next week. Huff will have them back and firing on all cylinders. 

The way Cato played is the way I'd like to see Marve play, really the way a "mobile" QB needs to play. Get on the move when you can, but be composed in the pocket and make throws from the pocket when you need to. Cato could zip the ball around the field from the pocket because his lower body was not busy, his feet were set and toward his target most of the time. This is the biggest problem Marve still had in the pre-season, causing inaccurate throws.

Still a lot of luck for Cato in that game IMO, and who knows if he can keep that up as teams force him to sit in the pocket, an experience guy like Collaros struggles when teams do that effectively to him. Too early to move Cato out of the Rocky Butler category.

I don't know if the stamps were out all night partying but that was not the stamps team that dominated the west last year and is expected to return to the grey cup this year. Not to take anything away from the Als but they didn't beat the real stamps.

And I don't see why it can't be the same for us. No travel, week of rest and practice at home, and a chance to correct some things. No reason we can't do a 180 this week...

The way Cato played is the way I'd like to see Marve play, really the way a "mobile" QB needs to play. Get on the move when you can, but be composed in the pocket and make throws from the pocket when you need to. Cato could zip the ball around the field from the pocket because his lower body was not busy, his feet were set and toward his target most of the time. This is the biggest problem Marve still had in the pre-season, causing inaccurate throws.

Still a lot of luck for Cato in that game IMO, and who knows if he can keep that up as teams force him to sit in the pocket, an experience guy like Collaros struggles when teams do that effectively to him. Too early to move Cato out of the Rocky Butler category.

I don't know if the stamps were out all night partying but that was not the stamps team that dominated the west last year and is expected to return to the grey cup this year. Not to take anything away from the Als but they didn't beat the real stamps.

And I don't see why it can't be the same for us. No travel, week of rest and practice at home, and a chance to correct some things. No reason we can't do a 180 this week...

If Willy plays we're good, if not ... well ...

very nice by the team. wonder if the game will be visible through the smoke. seriously.

Yeah, we got a ongoing thread over at rf right now about what's going to happen with the game. I haven't heard of any cancellations, so it doesn't seem as though anything will happen. One has to wonder though since Regina's air quality advisory is at 8.

Calgary @ Montreal

I suppose there are really 2 stories here. The impressive starting performance by 23 year old Rakeem Cato and the very average performance by BL Mitchell and the Stampeders.

Cato 20-25 for 241 yards in his debut. A very simple and effective game plan drawn up for Cato. Run the ball with Sutton and short, easy passes for Cato. These were executed very well by everyone involved. And he had help. SJ green 7 catches, Nic Lewis - only 3 catches but they were vintage Lewis. And Sam Giguere - 4 catches, 39 yards. There was nothing flashy in Montreal's offence but they used, and protected Cato, and he played the position flawlessly.

If you stop Cornish, you have a good chance to stop Calgary. Montreal's defence did just that. Combine that with Mitchell's 19-31 passing, and you get the opportunity to knock off the Champs. And Montreal did that big time. Good on them.

And I agree with JBR on a similar game plan for Marve, if the Bombers should so choose. The question is..could Marve execute in the same manner?

Calgary @ Montreal

I suppose there are really 2 stories here. The impressive starting performance by 23 year old Rakeem Cato and the very average performance by BL Mitchell and the Stampeders.

Cato 20-25 for 241 yards in his debut. A very simple and effective game plan drawn up for Cato. Run the ball with Sutton and short, easy passes for Cato. These were executed very well by everyone involved. And he had help. SJ green 7 catches, Nic Lewis - only 3 catches but they were vintage Lewis. And Sam Giguere - 4 catches, 39 yards. There was nothing flashy in Montreal's offence but they used, and protected Cato, and he played the position flawlessly.

If you stop Cornish, you have a good chance to stop Calgary. Montreal's defence did just that. Combine that with Mitchell's 19-31 passing, and you get the opportunity to knock off the Champs. And Montreal did that big time. Good on them.

And I agree with JBR on a similar game plan for Marve, if the Bombers should so choose. The question is..could Marve execute in the same manner?

We may never know...unless Willy and Brohm are both hurt.