Fire Richie Hall

Creehan seems to be doing just fine in TO now. It's the players not the coaches, we need better players and that falls on the scouting and recruiting. Everyone knew the Dline and LBers were a problem and they still are. The offense without Willy pulling magic out of his ass is very pedestrian otherwise.

Blame a DC for inexperienced players and and an inept front 7 that can't pass rush. Hall isn't the personnel department. You coach what u r given to coach.

Maybe to a certain extent, but to say he can't do anything because of the personnel he has is ridiculous!

Creehan seems to be doing just fine in TO now. It's the players not the coaches, we need better players and that falls on the scouting and recruiting. Everyone knew the Dline and LBers were a problem and they still are. The offense without Willy pulling magic out of his ass is very pedestrian otherwise.

I said it just after we made our final cuts that I was less than impressed with the crop of new talent the scouting department supplied for training camp.  The only areas where we improved our talent was by paying big bucks at free agency  Recruiting hasn't really provided any great talent for our dline and lb's which are the two weak links on defence.  

Goveia was supposed to be this up and coming personnel guy from TO but I wonder if he was riding the coat tails of Jim Barker who is probably the best talent scout in the CFL.  Danny MacManus was a great QB but I'm not sure about his scouting talents.  He was mandated to improve our QB talent.  Still looking I guess. 

Coaching is key but I have to give our coaches a bit of a pass as I think their dealing from a full deck. 

I said it just after we made our final cuts that I was less than impressed with the crop of new talent the scouting department supplied for training camp.  The only areas where we improved our talent was by paying big bucks at free agency  Recruiting hasn't really provided any great talent for our dline and lb's which are the two weak links on defence.  

Goveia was supposed to be this up and coming personnel guy from TO but I wonder if he was riding the coat tails of Jim Barker who is probably the best talent scout in the CFL.  Danny MacManus was a great QB but I'm not sure about his scouting talents.  He was mandated to improve our QB talent.  Still looking I guess. 

Coaching is key but I have to give our coaches a bit of a pass as I think their dealing from a full deck. 

The cupboard was truly bare. Good moves on the oline though, I will give them credit for that.

The cupboard was truly bare. Good moves on the oline though, I will give them credit for that.

The oline problems were fixed by opening the cheque during free agency.  It wasn't recruiting.  I'm not sure we can still use the cupboards were bare excuse anymore.   They've had enough time to find a couple of linebackers.  Hell Id rather have EJ Kuale  :ph34r: at MLB than Hurl. 

The defense is going to be a work in progress all year, if the poor play continues there will be changes. Can this defense be good enough to help get this into the playoffs, well i don't know. What i do know is that there is lots of time left in this season to change things and 2 games does not a season make.

The defense is going to be a work in progress all year, if the poor play continues there will be changes. Can this defense be good enough to help get this into the playoffs, well i don't know. What i do know is that there is lots of time left in this season to change things and 2 games does not a season make.

Obviously change will occur at this rate, it's just disappointing to be so bad right now.

I think the 25 year drought has us all upset and frankly rightly so. I mean we were good from 91-94 but in the past 20 years with the exception of the second half of 2000-2003 (3.5 years) and 2006-2008 (3 years) we have had some awful teams, 97-99, 2004-2005, 2012-2013 etc.

As others have said, most CFL franchises seem to be able to turn it around more quickly. Other than Hamilton, who was pretty poor from 2002-2010 and 2012 for the most part, we seem to be the exception which sucks.

I'm wondering about Garrett Waggoner... I realize he's a rookie and has a lot to learn about the cfl still... but I'm wondering if he is a MLB candidate... same size as Hurl (6'1 225lbs, perfect for a cfl MLB), he's fast, fluid in his movements, and has shown great instincts... maybe it'll just take some time for him... even Henoc took didn't "bloom" until his second season... anyone have anything to add on Waggoner at MLB?

I'm wondering about Garrett Waggoner... I realize he's a rookie and has a lot to learn about the cfl still... but I'm wondering if he is a MLB candidate... same size as Hurl (6'1 225lbs, perfect for a cfl MLB), he's fast, fluid in his movements, and has shown great instincts... maybe it'll just take some time for him... even Henoc took didn't "bloom" until his second season... anyone have anything to add on Waggoner at MLB?

This comes down to whether Hurl has been doing his job, and the game replays ought to tell the coaches all they need to know about that. Hammy's running was mostly outside, so I do not think that is Hurl's turf, but who knows?

He had some good days here in the Peg too, just as his mentor Tim Burke was also inconsistent but had some good ones too.  I wouldn't call Crehan a success just because Mike Reilly played bad and ultimately went down.  That'd be foolish in my opinion.

My problem is, while I haven't named O'Shea the messaiah yet, I really want him to have a chance to turn this thing around and I'm afraid Richie Hall's ineptitude is gonna cost him his job just like Gary Crowton did to Lapolice and Burke.  Yup, that's how bad Hall is.

I think contrary to popular belief Marve will be starting around here, pending willy's return, I've heard nothing that says O'Shea doesn't like him and those who suggest that are barking up the wrong tree, but how is Marve supposed to fix this defense?

Defense wins championships and if this defense doesn't get fixed, what happens on O won't even matter.

There is no such thing as good vanilla defenses and coaches who run those should be axed immediately.  Besides I heard Mike Benevides is looking for a job.

Hall needs to start using some erotic blitzes, like Hamilton does.

I'm not sure if "erotic blitzes" would be approriate for a family-oriented Bomber audience. Would that involve nudity, verbal suggestions to distract Bomber O-linemen or deep, lustful gazes?

You know I wouldn't be surprised if our bomb squad girls actually had that effect on opposing O-linemen through those blitzes lol.

Hall needs to start using some erotic blitzes, like Hamilton does.

I'm not sure if "erotic blitzes" would be approriate for a family-oriented Bomber audience. Would that involve nudity, verbal suggestions to distract Bomber O-linemen or deep, lustful gazes?
I was assuming fully nude Bomber linemen

Ive been wondering about that too. especially with his ability to read an O and lead a D from the S position in the us. Hes more of a hitter then a guy who will scrape to a ball carrier or step in and fill a gap imop. But he could develop into a good mlb.

Hamilton's exotic blitz.....have 2 extra guys load up, pre-snap on one hash mark or the other, send both.....and watch Bomber O duck and cover.....

Yeah they sure seem to time there blitz's beautiful and there seemed to be a lot of look out blocks