Training Camp / Practice - June 15

Non-participants at Day 16 of #Bombers camp: Unamba Washington B.Johnson D.Johnson Harlan Thomas Gibson Neufeld Dile Scott Rempel

Jhomo Gordon comes back to make a nice catch, then flips the ball at Shaq Richardson, who goes after Gordon.

The defence is dominating the offence today at #Bombers camp, although Ja-Mes Logan just made a nice grab.

It feels like a full fledged brawl could break out at any moment here. The #Bombers are fired up.

Would like to see some insights on the remaining battles at camps

... RB, WIL, WR (besides Moore), SB (besides Denmark) and probably weakside HB (Washington's)

I'm guessing the starting MLB(Hurl), RG (Chungh), RT (Daniels) and import DE Peach) are all settled.

Defense definitely really good today. Willy struggled to find an open receiver on a couple of the two minute drills.

You at camp today CB?

Ya, or at least was there between 9 and 1045 today. It was pretty cold and I was talking with Markus Howell's wife and daughter for a bit, so I'm just getting to the updates now.

Defense definitely really good today. Willy struggled to find an open receiver on a couple of the two minute drills.

You at camp today CB?

Ya, or at least was there between 9 and 1045 today. It was pretty cold and I was talking with Markus Howell's wife and daughter for a bit, so I'm just getting to the updates now.

Awesome!  Greatly appreciate any feedback you can give to us plebs living the office life.  

Nick Moore was pretty unhappy about something #14 did today in the two minute drills. As he was walking to the sidelines he yelled out "Hey 1-4, [inaudible] I'm gonna whoop your ass." That got some attention from the coaches. O'Shea stared at him for a few moments to see if he would cool down, and then afterwards Miles came and talked with Moore in private. It was obviously nothing but some training camp tension really.

Gordon and Logan continue to get a lot of reps with starters. Logan had a really nice grab today in the two minute drill. 

Carlos Anderson had at least one dropped catch and one dropped punt that I can remember. I feel like there were a few more in there but am not positive. Overall he had a bad day.

Hurl continues to be the starting MLB, but Bass got in there as well. I am pretty sure I saw Bass line up outside as well a few times.

Rough day for the QBs as the defense played really well. Willy was forced to hold onto the ball several times. Brohm looked alright today. Threw a really nice ball on an inside route to Adams. Brohm is really not afraid to take a chances. Not a lot to talk about for Portis and Marve. Saw Portis a few times fail to move his feet in the "pocket" (no pocket since it was skeleton drills). Other than that I don't think either did anything positively or negatively to stand out.

Kohlert, Richards and Reaves (I assume in that order) will man the "Canadian wideout on the far side" spot this year. I hope that Richards gets to move around at a few spots, because Kohlert really doesn't get a lot of targets at that position and his backup will get even less. Not that that's a huge deal, our other receivers are usually better. Richards looks alright, didn't really stand out today.

Ended the day with some punt coverage practice.

If I think of anything else I'll post again.

Hurl continues to be the starting MLB, but Bass got in there as well. I am pretty sure I saw Bass line up outside as well a few times.

I suspect that's why Allen wasn't kept around for another week.  Other than SAM, if an import linebacker is going on the 44 he will have to be able to play both middle and weak side, shifting back and forth while guys like Hurl and Newman rotate in and out, and perhaps taking a spot when we go 3-4.  Ian Wild clone hopefully.

Great report Cap'n.

Just finished watching O'Shea's interview. He said Johnson was back at practice today.

That's funny... cuz I asked Bauming about him and Gibson on twitter and Bauming said neither were back at practice... I guess he wasn't paying too much attention...

then again, I guess they could both be right... maybe Johnson is back in town but didn't practice today...

Just finished watching O'Shea's interview. He said Johnson was back at practice today.

That's funny... cuz I asked Bauming about him and Gibson on twitter and Bauming said neither were back at practice... I guess he wasn't paying too much attention...

then again, I guess they could both be right... maybe Johnson is back in town but didn't practice today...

O'Shea said he was practicing.

I thought it was Penton who asked when Johnson would be back, but given what you're saying, it might have been Bauming. O'Shea laughed at him and said he must have been asleep during practice.

It's good to have Johnson back. I'm looking forward to seeing guys like him and Addison Richards on the field against the Ticats. Demski got a chance to shine over the weekend against the Eskimos, hopefully Richards gets an opportunity to show his skill set too!

How much playing time do we expect Drew Willy to get?

It's good to have Johnson back. I'm looking forward to seeing guys like him and Addison Richards on the field against the Ticats. Demski got a chance to shine over the weekend against the Eskimos, hopefully Richards gets an opportunity to show his skill set too!

How much playing time do we expect Drew Willy to get?

I'd think the 1s get close to a half.....get some momentum going before the season starts.

Nick Moore was pretty unhappy about something #14 did today in the two minute drills. As he was walking to the sidelines he yelled out "Hey 1-4, [inaudible] I'm gonna whoop your ass." That got some attention from the coaches. O'Shea stared at him for a few moments to see if he would cool down, and then afterwards Miles came and talked with Moore in private. It was obviously nothing but some training camp tension really.

The new guy Malachi Freeman is #14 for those who don't know.

The new guy Malachi Freeman is #14 for those who don't know.

I was hoping it was Stu Barnes.