Training Camp / Practice - June 15

Id give willy the entire 2nd half, who knows maybe itll come down to some very important clock management practice by games end. In any case I've always felt 2nd half performances are much more crucial then opening the game. 

The problem with that is the caliber of players at that point of the game is much much lower. Willy will get his time with the starting O line and Receivers (to start at least)

Id give willy the entire 2nd half, who knows maybe itll come down to some very important clock management practice by games end. In any case I've always felt 2nd half performances are much more crucial then opening the game. 

Willy will start the game so he will get the first half and possibly some time into the 3rd Quarter depending on how the game goes.

why would they be lower in the 2nd half? i suppose you should try and game around their starters to get more a starter vs starter situation, but i doubt any coach wants to follow vs dictate. I guess my thinking is 2nd half ends the game leading into the 1st game next week, instead of play, sit then play again, i dont think its world changing but imo not as much flow

Here's our answer for how much time Willy gets:

"All three showed solid aspects to their game last Tuesday in Toronto, and with only one of two games left, starter Drew Willy will have to see some action as well (probably about a half, and a series into the third"

http://www.bluebombers.com/article/blog-training-camp

What garbage.  They could have made this announcement at least 17 hours ago.

Get used to it, folks. O'Shea looks to be one of the most closed-mouth coaches we've had and whether its his idea or Walters, it all shakes out the same- we're going to be fed a steady stream of platitudes, cliches and vague descriptions. So long as the team wins, it will be accepted.

Here's our answer for how much time Willy gets:

"All three showed solid aspects to their game last Tuesday in Toronto, and with only one of two games left, starter Drew Willy will have to see some action as well (probably about a half, and a series into the third"

http://www.bluebombers.com/article/blog-training-camp

What garbage.  They could have made this announcement at least 17 hours ago.

You are willing to let them off the hook that easily? This was something they should have let us know about in the pre-training camp press conference and should have been published in a pre-training camp brochure along with the names of the probable first cuts in camp. This week to week indecisiveness just gets my blood boiling. Why the secrecy? It's like they're still evaluating things during TC instead of having their minds made up already.

Get used to it, folks. O'Shea looks to be one of the most closed-mouth coaches we've had and whether its his idea or Walters, it all shakes out the same- we're going to be fed a steady stream of platitudes, cliches and vague descriptions. So long as the team wins, it will be accepted.

Actually, I welcome it....so long as we are winning. I don't care if O'Shea regurgitates recycled quotes from Knute Rockne every time he opens his mouth. I don't feel the need to know if a Bomber player has athlete's foot in his daily pressers. I want my coach to keep a lid on things and just show me his plan on game day when everyone else will also have the opportunity to see it, and judge it at that time.

Actually, I welcome it....so long as we are winning. I don't care if O'Shea regurgitates recycled quotes from Knute Rockne every time he opens his mouth. I don't feel the need to know if a Bomber player has athlete's foot in his daily pressers. I want my coach to keep a lid on things and just show me his plan on game day when everyone else will also have the opportunity to see it, and judge it at that time.

This is where we disagree.  I expect to know the game plan at least 24 hours ahead of time.  Clearly, by then, they already know what the game plan's going to be, so why wait.  We deserve to know ahead of time so we can immediately begin discussing all the shortcomings that we will find in whatever plan is put forth.

Why should we settle for a game plan. The play books should be posted on their website so we can dissect them and send in improvements. We should also be allowed to vote on the starting line-up. This is a community owned team - it's our right to have this type of input.

Why even have 75 guys on the roster to start camp.  They should know before camp opens who the players are that are going to make the team, and cut everyone else before camp even opens.  Look at all the reps that were wasted by guys like Denicos Allen.  They could have gone to someone else as it was clear Allen was never going to make it anyway.  Inexcusable.  Indecisive.  Not acceptable.