It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

So the riders play the bombers x3 and the lions x3 this season, and have dropped a game to each so far.

If they lose next week to the lions, and one of the labour day or banjo bowl, they'll have lost the tie breaker to both teams.

I see Wpg, BC and Sask probably battling for 3-4-5 in the west.

so it's week 4, but might be a "must win" game already for them.

Encouraging thing in their game against Sask. is BC did not look very good and didn't really deserve the win.  If it weren't for Chamblin's coaching gaffes no doubt they would have lost.  Terribly undisciplined team penalty wise and their D seemed to be vulnerable to the long passing game.  I believe Tedford is going to be under .500 in his first year.

So the riders play the bombers x3 and the lions x3 this season, and have dropped a game to each so far.

If they lose next week to the lions, and one of the labour day or banjo bowl, they'll have lost the tie breaker to both teams.

I see Wpg, BC and Sask probably battling for 3-4-5 in the west.

so it's week 4, but might be a "must win" game already for them.

Encouraging thing in their game against Sask. is BC did not look very good and didn't really deserve the win.  If it weren't for Chamblin's coaching gaffes no doubt they would have lost.  Terribly undisciplined team penalty wise and their D seemed to be vulnerable to the long passing game.  I believe Tedford is going to be under .500 in his first year.

Tedford has had success wherever he has been coaching, he knows the CFL game and he seems pretty smart. however, he may need a year to change the locker-room culture.

CFL News @CFL_News

After each loss, Chamblin has proclaimed that his club is thisclose to coming out on top and winning games. #CFL #Riders via @sportscage

God did we ever hear that so many times here in recent years. Not with Tim Burke as coach but with Lapo and last season. 

And over at RiderFans some are already bringing up the fact the Bombers lost 9-10 games by 4 points or less a few years ago.... hopefully that leads them to the same 4-14 record!

While it's great to see the Riders lose, I keep just remember the 7-1, 1-7 billboard season.  I'm not going to get excited about anything until after the Banjo Bowl, let alone 3 measly games.

The Bombers seem to regularly start out well, only to steadily decline all season long. And we also regularly see other teams start out terribly only to completely turn their season around. See the BC Lions when they beat us in the last Grey Cup we were in.

While it's great to see the Riders lose, I keep just remember the 7-1, 1-7 billboard season.  I'm not going to get excited about anything until after the Banjo Bowl, let alone 3 measly games.

The Bombers seem to regularly start out well, only to steadily decline all season long. And we also regularly see other teams start out terribly only to completely turn their season around. See the BC Lions when they beat us in the last Grey Cup we were in.

Hey, don't ruin our fun with truth ;)

Agree 100% and I'm a realist so lets wait and see.... but it's still fun to see them panic and go crazy deciding on who should be fired first!

BC just didn't look like they were in sync as a team. Their short passing game got zero blocking help downfield. Lions were whiffing on their blocks and the receivers were getting blown up good.

Lulay looked like he was getting back on his game, though. Good comeback story, hope he stays upright. It must be murderous hard for a QB to change their windup and delivery when they're in their 30s.

And speaking of sucking, Mr Style seems to be sucking up big time to the last forum that will have him:  http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?130413-Deep-Thoughts-by-Luc-Mullinder

"THere's always a core contingent of team supporters who will die by the sword for their team. Even if they get off to a 0-9 start - this type will just look at the back half and say 'hey, if we can take the last 9 by surprise, even if we lose one of them we could still make playoffs at 8-10 or 9-9, who knows?'

Admirable but unrealistic. Having spent the bulk of my life in Winnipeg I can tell you from experience how difficult the last 25 years have been - and when the internet fan forums hit about 15 or 16 years ago how the opticons found unique ways to criticize negatrons vs. really focusing on their team and its woes. I got beat up and super-torched more than a few times for suggesting guys like Bauer, Kelly, Asper, Daley, Hodgkinson, Timid Taman, Burke, Slow-Talkin' Joe, Barfko, Reinbold & more were nothing more than highly paid inhalers of money. 

Losing teams usually hunker down (in their own way) and just try to extend the program. Its actually easier to hunker down and lose than put together a quality winning program that excites the fanbase.

I've noticed at Riderfans the place is far more sophisticated (perhaps skewing a bit older) than bomber fan bases. Most criticisms are dealt with by counter-argument on unique sarcasm - but usually personal attacks are minimal - I suspect cuz most of those launching PA's (aka Personal Attacks) know they'll have their posting rights suspended (ie. banned)

That's the beauty of quality fan sites. And riderfans is the best football site in the country - bar none."

That's the beauty of quality fan sites. And riderfans is the best football site in the country - bar none."

Good.  They deserve each other then.  Kind of like when Hitler contracted syphilis.

It's probably the best site cause it's the only one that still humours him and hasn't given him the boot. 

Good.  They deserve each other then.  Kind of like when Hitler contracted syphilis.

It's probably the best site cause it's the only one that still humours him and hasn't given him the boot.

This is the truth of it.. They probably keep him around like a weird bomber bashing trophy at this point..

I do so love how he claims he was beaten and super torched just for voicing support for those few coaches and GMs.. Not for his baseless attacks on said coaches and GMs.. Or posters. Or players. Or insane ramblings that went nowhere. Or the 20 other reasons he was turfed from every bomber (and CFL) forum around lol.

I got beat up and super-torched more than a few times for suggesting guys like Bauer, Kelly, Asper, Daley, Hodgkinson, Timid Taman, Burke, Slow-Talkin' Joe, Barfko, Reinbold & more were nothing more than highly paid inhalers of money.

Does he still call Taman "timid" and "an inhaler of money" or now that he is with the Priders is he an uber-GM who can do no wrong?

And speaking of sucking, Mr Style seems to be sucking up big time to the last forum that will have him:  http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?130413-Deep-Thoughts-by-Luc-Mullinder

"THere's always a core contingent of team supporters who will die by the sword for their team. Even if they get off to a 0-9 start - this type will just look at the back half and say 'hey, if we can take the last 9 by surprise, even if we lose one of them we could still make playoffs at 8-10 or 9-9, who knows?'

Admirable but unrealistic. Having spent the bulk of my life in Winnipeg I can tell you from experience how difficult the last 25 years have been - and when the internet fan forums hit about 15 or 16 years ago how the opticons found unique ways to criticize negatrons vs. really focusing on their team and its woes. I got beat up and super-torched more than a few times for suggesting guys like Bauer, Kelly, Asper, Daley, Hodgkinson, Timid Taman, Burke, Slow-Talkin' Joe, Barfko, Reinbold & more were nothing more than highly paid inhalers of money. 

Losing teams usually hunker down (in their own way) and just try to extend the program. Its actually easier to hunker down and lose than put together a quality winning program that excites the fanbase.

I've noticed at Riderfans the place is far more sophisticated (perhaps skewing a bit older) than bomber fan bases. Most criticisms are dealt with by counter-argument on unique sarcasm - but usually personal attacks are minimal - I suspect cuz most of those launching PA's (aka Personal Attacks) know they'll have their posting rights suspended (ie. banned)

Lyle went into auto dialer mode on a couple of threads....he was actually beginning to piss off some of the old timers, on  that site, with his never ending stream of verbiage...er I mean garbage.   The Bomber-bashing is really about the only thing keeping him around.  If Nate/Bronco/Lyle et al. gets booted off that site....he has really nowhere else to go.

Hence, the breaking out,  of the ole shoeshine box.....

Lyle went into auto dialer mode on a couple of threads....he was actually beginning to piss off some of the old timers, on  that site, with his never ending stream of verbiage...er I mean garbage.   The Bomber-bashing is really about the only thing keeping him around.  If Nate/Bronco/Lyle et al. gets booted off that site....he has really nowhere else to go.

Now that Shankman has been punted as a mod he may find a home back at Ourbombers, where he can talk to himself all day. He is his own biggest fan anyway.

Now that Shankman has been punted as a mod he may find a home back at Ourbombers, where he can talk to himself all day. He is his own biggest fan anyway.

How could they part with Shankman?