Bombers TC/Practice -- June 11th

Noeller

This was posted on TEP... Don't know where else to put it.

Darrin Bauming@DarrinBauming
Robert Marve just told me he wants to make it clear he wants to remain in the CFL and in Winnipeg. He doesn't have NFL aspirations next year

Ed Tait ‏@WFPEdTait 
Interesting. Was apparently off an extension in Dec and turned it down. Club told by his agent he wanted to try NFL. 

I suppose he realized he wouldn't have much of a chance in the NFL and changed his mind.

As it stands cutting Marve in favour of Portis would be a terrible football decision. Marve is much better right now.

Is he? I didn't watch the game but people who were watching the stream said he was inconsistent.

I trust the coaching staff whatever they do will be the right choice.

As it stands cutting Marve in favour of Portis would be a terrible football decision. Marve is much better right now.

Is he? I didn't watch the game but people who were watching the stream said he was inconsistent.

And Portis was downright not very good from my vantage point. Inconsistent beats out consistently not very good

Inconsistent maybe, but he was still more effective than anyone not named Willy. 6.9 yards per play in which he was involved and 14 points scored overall. No matter how you look at it, Marve has been able to move the offense and put points on the board on a consistent basis. It would be absolutely foolish to cut the guy.

Inconsistent maybe, but he was still more effective than anyone not named Willy. 6.9 yards per play in which he was involved and 14 points scored overall. No matter how you look at it, Marve has been able to move the offense and put points on the board on a consistent basis. It would be absolutely foolish to cut the guy.

You remind me of Roadgriller and his fetish for Goltz.

BTW I'm not saying Marve is anything like Goltz.

Except Roadgriller had ZERO stats to back up his love for Goltz.

Marve better sign a contract extension soon or he could be cut in favour of Portis.

So you're in favour of cutting a guy just because he didn't sign a contract extension?

There's some logic there, for a 3rd string developmental roster spot. If it were a starting or backup spot, I might have a different opinion.

He might be inconsistent but he did some things and was more effective than the other back ups so let's not cut the guy

you have a very low bar for what you deem a fetish

He might be inconsistent but he did some things and was more effective than the other back ups so let's not cut the guy

No, actually, I can see where Logan is going with that statement. Seems to me it's far too early to be gushing about a 3rd stringer at this point.

Marve better sign a contract extension soon or he could be cut in favour of Portis.

So you're in favour of cutting a guy just because he didn't sign a contract extension?

There's some logic there, for a 3rd string developmental roster spot. If it were a starting or backup spot, I might have a different opinion.

I disagree.  It's irrelevant that he didn't sign a contract back in December.  I'm sure Osh couldn't care one way or the other that he's playing out this year. All that matters to him is that he progressing along, and making plays and moving the chains. 

No, actually, I can see where Logan is going with that statement. Seems to me it's far too early to be gushing about a 3rd stringer at this point.

Fact is Marve should be the backup. Is the objective in football not to move the chains and put points on the board? Marve has been able to do so effectively and on a consistent basis.

I disagree. It's irrelevant that he didn't sign a contract back in December. I'm sure Osh couldn't care one way or the other that he's playing out this year. All that matters to him is that he progressing along, and making plays and moving the chains.

That's cool. We don't need to agree.

Fact is Marve should be the backup. Is the objective in football not to move the chains and put points on the board? Marve has been able to do so effectively and on a consistent basis.

See, that's where your obsession rears up, when you say "fact is".

Fact is, he's the #3 QB and will stay #3 until he progresses to the point that the Coaching Staff deems he is capable to be everything a backup QB needs to be.

I'd love to see packages specially designed for his skill set and from there if he progresses...good on him.

But I have more faith in Brohm as the situation stands. That's my opinion, and in fact, it's the way it is right now.

Pay no mind to him, he hitched his fan wagon to Portis a while back and wants to be vindicated for that it seems. 

Pay no mind to him, he hitched his fan wagon to Portis a while back and wants to be vindicated for that it seems.
I said Portis looked good in a couple practices. I haven't hitched my wagon to anyone. Where do you guys come up with these assumptions??

I've explained my logic here. Not saying Marve will be cut, but there's a strong case to support that decision.