Bomber Camp Day #1 rating the best/worst

Well first post here fellas. Great to be here. I'll update you daily as I will be attending most practices. My posts will be short and sweet and unique to what many of you may be interested in. Lets get on with the show. Day 1 is in the books.

BEST of CAMP

FANS great crowd. Fans were situated around the west side of the field and nice to see everyone filling the space up. 

Bombers mgnt They could have made the situation a bad one with TC on the field but allowed fans to stand on the field and even offer lawn chairs.

RICHIE HALL  What did he do? he showed up. So glad we got a respectable coordinator to coach our defense.

GREG CHILDS this guy just might be the player we have been waiting for. By far the best WR in camp on day 1.

Demond Washington came to play on day 1. Great in drills. Vocal leader with attitude for his fellow DB's and broke up pass after pass in WR drills.

WORST in CAMP

Addison Richards did not practice cause he was tired. It doesn't matter the reason you gotta be ready on day 1. Anyone that disagrees leads a weak minded life.

Lots of rookies sloppy practice habbits too many to name but my gosh some have zero skill and do not take to coaching. Buck Pierce and Miles needs to correct the mistakes of these players which shows me they are not hands on coaches. They are a vocal coach that instructs on a structure. That is not good coaching. The drills were extremely sloppy. Some of the players just did not listen.

day 1 or day 20 dont matter. These are pros. you can tell right away who belongs and who will be tossed. 

right now. the best WR's who will make the team are Adams, Childs, Demark, Logan (50/50 on him) Adams and Childs could be our best 1-2 punch with deep threats, sidelines, and underneath patterns since well the early '90s.

very excited about those guys. Danny McManus obviously picked those guys up. (adams did come from T.O)

"Anyone that disagrees leads a weak minded life."

Probably the 'line' of TC reports - it's hilarious, a little over-stated, but memorable.

and its so true. Its funny some fans can stick up for someone that flakes out day 1. Yes if he is injured that is a reason to be excused but he isn't injured. he is sore and tired. That shows you the mentality and the key difference of NCAA players vs CIS players.

Also its strange MOS would put up with that. Dave Ritchie would not put up with it. Zero chance any NFL team would put up with it. So you think (2) things. 1) why MOS is puting up with it. 2) is there something more to the story. If he really is just sore and tired, then its a huge issue.

Even NCAA programs wouldn't put up wit that.

"Anyone that disagrees leads a weak minded life."

Probably the 'line' of TC reports - it's hilarious, a little over-stated, but memorable.

and its so true. Its funny some fans can stick up for someone that flakes out day 1. Yes if he is injured that is a reason to be excused but he isn't injured. he is sore and tired. That shows you the mentality and the key difference of NCAA players vs CIS players.

Also its strange MOS would put up with that. Dave Ritchie would not put up with it. Zero chance any NFL team would put up with it. So you think (2) things. 1) why MOS is puting up with it. 2) is there something more to the story. If he really is just sore and tired, then its a huge issue.

Even NCAA programs wouldn't put up wit that.

This is such a strong argument. Especially without any examples.

Richards is only 21 and its the first day of training camp. I don't really like the fact he sat out today, but we honestly have no idea what the situation is. Its possible the coaching staff told him to sit it out due to an injury, medicals were yesterday after all. He still has to learn to be a pro, can't just write him off day 1 like that, but i guess I'm just weak minded.

Just curious how you know he was just "sore and tired". O'Shea said he needed the day off but coaches are incredibly closed mouthed about injuries during TC.

Penton said he thought Richards was "sore".

And Penton would know as much about it as a fan would since no one from the Bombers said one way or the other.

The entire argument is getting confused by people who do not understand the issue.

Sore/Tired is different than being injured. 

If he is injured then of course there is no issue with him sitting. But i'm quite sure he is sitting out cause he just needed a day off after all those hard rookie practices. I'm sure for most CIS players the pace of a pro practice is hard for the first month or even season.

Many of these NCAA players have come from much larger programs in NCAA or even NFL and are used to this.

day 1 or day 20 dont matter. These are pros. you can tell right away who belongs and who will be tossed. 

right now. the best WR's who will make the team are Adams, Childs, Demark, Logan (50/50 on him) Adams and Childs could be our best 1-2 punch with deep threats, sidelines, and underneath patterns since well the early '90s.

very excited about those guys. Danny McManus obviously picked those guys up. (adams did come from T.O)

If you call tell right away guess we might as well cancel the rest of TC lol.

Weve seen soo many TC all stars (tony ortiz, michael bostwick etc) that do nothing in pre season and never see a regular game. Not to mention some other guys that were slow starters and didnt really get it going till late pre season or early season.(marvin coleman comes to mind as well as several other dave ritche guys) you cant put too much value into one day, or a few days of camp. 

Just curious how you know he was just "sore and tired". O'Shea said he needed the day off but coaches are incredibly closed mouthed about injuries during TC.

Penton said he thought Richards was "sore".
And Penton would know as much about it as a fan would since no one from the Bombers said one way or the other.
Pretty sure Penton has conversations with players, coaches and management that aren't official interviews. In fact I saw him doing this today.

The entire argument is getting confused by people who do not understand the issue.

If he is injured then of course there is no issue with him sitting. But i'm quite sure he is sitting out cause he just needed a day off after all those hard rookie practices. I'm sure for most CIS players the pace of a pro practice is hard for the first month or even season.

Many of these NCAA players have come from much larger programs in NCAA or even NFL and are used to this.

Personally, I'm thrilled that the club is taking such a careful approach with our young draft picks. If Richards is expected to play this season, he'll need to be treated carefully. A 21-year old kid can't be expected to jump into an 18 game season against men from an 8 game season against his peers.

Telling him to 'tough it out' is just asking him to get I jured and throwing away your assets rather than developing him, imo.

Good for you. You're quite sure, based on absolutely nothing.

I still remember Henoc's first season.  He had a lot of pulls and strains to start the year too, in fact I think he missed the first game or two with injuries.  No point working the rookies right into the ground.  No point having them miss half the season because they were forced to the limit in camp.