World Championships

I dunno man, some strong rumors and i know they are just rumors but strong rumors floating around on some hockey sites about Halls commitment to the Oilers this past season. Who knows whats true but... it's definitely out there. 

Link to those "rumours" please? I've read some stories regarding Hall on HF, and it seems to me that he's just one of those guys who don't like to be constantly bothered by fans in his free time (at the bar and whatnot). Some people expect these guys to be angels but ultimately, they're humans too and some of them like having a little privacy. Furthermore, Hall is always great with the media and complimentary of his teammates. He's never taken part in fights in practice or locker room conflicts, etc. To be honest he strikes me as a great guy who's probably just a little cocky, as most athletes are.

Pav was actually one of the best goalies at the tournament. His numbers were very good. What this tourney shows tho is goalies can't win games on their own. Pav was outstanding against Canada but Czech team couldn't score. Helle was good against Russia but the USA couldn't score.

Helle had the best numbers in the tourney. He is ready now. Canada wins huge. Dominating performance really

Why did Ovie bother coming over for two games? He looked totally bagged today.

Selfish players have hurt them for years.

Its hurt us at times also.

Russian Ice Hockey Federation will be punished b/c the team left the ice before the Canadian anthem. Full credit to Ovechkin, who was apparently trying to make his teammates stay.

Slava Malamud

‏@SlavaMalamud The video of Russian players leaving the ice. Man at the door waving others in is, by witness accounts, Kovalchuk.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/05/18/russian-hockey-team-leaves-ice-before-o-canada-at-world-championships/

I was watching it live yesterday and saw a lot of the Russians leaving after they got their medals, and I was thinking...hmmm...is that normal? And then I remembered no, it's not normal. It's a total **** move by sore losers.  I can't imagine how embarrassed I would be if Canada had done something like that.  Apparently Kovalchuk was the one waving everyone off the ice, though a few Russians did stay. Kovalchuk can rot with Burmi in Siberia for the rest of his career, for all I care. I don't want any Russians on the Jets, ever.

EDIT:

Among the Russian players, who remained on the ice and did not walk away were Alexander Ovechkin, Yevgeny Malkin, Viktor Tikhonov and Dmitry Kulikov.

Fasel said he saw how Ovechkin and Malkin tried to stop the rest of the players rushing to the locker rooms and that is why the blame cannot be put on the players.

OVI isn't a selfish player at all, That's crazy, the guy is all class. The rest of that russian team outside of ovi,malkin,tikhonov and kulikov tho are all pieces of garbage. 

Why did he go over? because he's a proud russian who enjoys representing his country, I'd do it too every chance i could if i was a hockey player of any nationality. 

Anyone here ever have the chance to wear the maple leaf for example on your jersey? I haven't but... damn that would be one hell of a moment for sure. Representing your country is huge, Every athlete that can do it should do it as much as they can.

Why did he go over? Because like it or not, he's one of the best hockey players in the world. People can debate that all they want but reality truly is, he's one of if not the best Russian hockey player in history. 

Why did he go over? Because like it or not, he's one of the best hockey players in the world. People can debate that all they want but reality truly is, he's one of if not the best Russian hockey player in history. 

I am not saying that he's not good.  I am saying that he was incredibly tired and didn't appear to really be in the game.  Playing a full NHL season, and then two 7 game rounds of playoffs, and then flying half way across the world to jump on the ice with Russia was probably too much for him.  Anyway, just asked the question.  I wouldn't have taken Crosby in that condition.

I am not saying that he's not good.  I am saying that he was incredibly tired and didn't appear to really be in the game.  Playing a full NHL season, and then two 7 game rounds of playoffs, and then flying half way across the world to jump on the ice with Russia was probably too much for him.  Anyway, just asked the question.  I wouldn't have taken Crosby in that condition.

Maybe he goes to Russia for summer.

Maybe he goes to Russia for summer.

Where-ever he goes, I want to go there too!

AlexParty2.jpg

Alex-Ovechkin-on-PEDs.jpg

OVI isn't a selfish player at all, That's crazy, the guy is all class. The rest of that russian team outside of ovi,malkin,tikhonov and kulikov tho are all pieces of garbage. 

Why did he go over? because he's a proud russian who enjoys representing his country, I'd do it too every chance i could if i was a hockey player of any nationality. 

Anyone here ever have the chance to wear the maple leaf for example on your jersey? I haven't but... damn that would be one hell of a moment for sure. Representing your country is huge, Every athlete that can do it should do it as much as they can.

I have no real issue with Ovi at all.  Just think that sometimes players in this situation dont really need to rush over and take a spot on a team that was doing pretty well without him. Even the comintaters were sayin the PP got all screwed up because they had 3 guys all trying to get to the same place.

Might have been better if he just flew over to support the team rather then tiring to maybe be the hero.

Im sure all these guys love their countrys and want to play for them any time they can but that being said sometimes they might help more by not playing.

I know Ovie loves playing for Russia and i respect that. Just think it was the wrong situation this time.

Pretty sure it was Ovie that once said that even if the NHL wouldnt let the players play for their countrys in the Olympics hed go anyway.