World Championships

He's no Cam Neely.

More importantly he's no Jonathan Toews.

Switch the D corps for Chicago & Pittsburgh and Crosby is a multiple Stanley Cup champion. He's got 28 more playoff points in three less games.

Chicago's forwards are better around him too, but the D is where the biggest difference is.

He's no Cam Neely.

Switch the D corps for Chicago & Pittsburgh and Crosby is a multiple Stanley Cup champion. He's got 28 more playoff points in three less games.

Chicago's forwards are better around him too, but the D is where the biggest difference is.

He's no Cam Neely.

Well Toews is a pretty big part of Chicago playing better defence too.... He's captain intangibles, obviously Crosby is going to score more points, Toews isn't that elite offensive guy, he's just the all around super complete player that everyone wins with because he does everything so well. 

Spoiler alert if you have the game PVR'd.

Bravo to the Canadians in their comeback victory over Sweden. Down 3-0 after 1st period, they scored 6 in the next 2 to win 6-4. Awesome games played by the team, especially Ekblad, Hall and Crosby.

I think everyone knows Taylor Hall is a damn good player, I just think some people just question his heart and character at times and for that matter, his ability to stay healthy. 

I've never heard anyone question his heart or character.  To his character, it is one of the reasons he can't stay healthy.  At times, he plays too hard to his own detriment.

I dunno man, some strong rumors and i know they are just rumors but strong rumors floating around on some hockey sites about Halls commitment to the Oilers this past season. Who knows whats true but... it's definitely out there. 

I'll give most players a pass on their commitment to what the Oilers have been for the last few years.

I know they are professionals and get paid a lot of money, but if you've ever worked in a toxic environment where management is clueless, it is hard to go in every day and give 110% when you know it is futile because those above you aren't pulling their weight and are making foolish decisions.

With the management Edmonton now has in place, time will tell on what their crop of stars can become.   Be interesting to see if and how long it takes to change the culture in that room.  Have to wonder who and what kind of trades are going to be made and who will be shipped out.  I'd be surprised if Hall is one of them.  

I dunno man, some strong rumors and i know they are just rumors but strong rumors floating around on some hockey sites about Halls commitment to the Oilers this past season. Who knows whats true but... it's definitely out there. 

Strong rumours that were all bullshit. Character is what got Taylor Hall taken #1 over Tyler Seguin in their draft years. Hall is all heart and character. The eastern media likes to talk a lot about the Oilers without having a hot clue what's actually happening there. The only cancer in the Edmonton room was named Dallas Eakins. 

Burmi never even made team Russia did he? Could swear he was cut. Regarding hall. Yup I'd give him a pass too. I don't think Eakins was the only issue there tho. A few different coaches have had that same young group and didn't do much better

Burmi never even made team Russia did he? Could swear he was cut. Regarding hall. Yup I'd give him a pass too. I don't think Eakins was the only issue there tho. A few different coaches have had that same young group and didn't do much better

bullshit, all the other coaches got more out of lesser rosters. There was steady progress made in every area until Eakins showed up, then it was regression across the board. Pat Quinn is dead and I'd still prefer him coaching over Dallas Eakins. 

Strong rumours that were all bullshit. Character is what got Taylor Hall taken #1 over Tyler Seguin in their draft years. Hall is all heart and character. The eastern media likes to talk a lot about the Oilers without having a hot clue what's actually happening there. The only cancer in the Edmonton room was named Dallas Eakins. 

They took Kevin Lowe's lanyard away?

They took Kevin Lowe's lanyard away?

Kevin Lowe is now the vice president in charge of telling stories about the glory days. 

Man oh man.. The eakin hate is hilarious.. I really hope he lands on his feet just to say ha! In yo face lol.. Not me of course but Eakins at 17to85 :)

Even the vile, despicable and lord of the underworld mike Kelly can rebound and become coach of the year in other situations away from a shitty one..

Man oh man.. The eakin hate is hilarious.. I really hope he lands on his feet just to say ha! In yo face lol.. Not me of course but Eakins at 17to85 :)

Even the vile, despicable and lord of the underworld mike Kelly can rebound and become coach of the year in other situations away from a shitty one..

I hope someone does buy his bullshit again and gives him a job so that all the ******* who don't understand how bad he was can finally see the truth of how bad he was. Dallas Eakins was worse than both Mike Kelly and Tim Burke were as coaches and that should say something. 

Yeah Eakins was absolutely awful. All he cared about was Corsi (shot quantity over shot quality). Every offensive player on the Oilers had their creativity sucked out of them due to his coaching philosophy. His "swarm" defense was also a complete failure. It's not a coincidence that pretty much every single player on the Oilers improved once Eakins left the team. He completely nullified any progress that the team had made under Ralph Krueger.

The Oilers have some holes for sure, and probably the worst defensive core in the league, but Eakins made the team a lot worse than it should have been.