World Championships

Kicking snow outta the krauts. 4 zip heading into second..

Pretty sure that is a reply you are watching.   Won't spoil the ending for you though.

Wowza.. The offence in that game was insane. I know Germany isn't a world power but still a decent enough squad for canada to hit up for double digits..

I must say, for all the flak Sidney Crosby gets, he deserves commendation for going to the World Championships.  He plays a lot of hockey and answers the bell for Canada.

95% of the criticism he gets, I don't understand at all.

He gets the most attention from the media, so it comes with the territory. People criticized Gretzky & Lemieux as well for being floaters, whiners, etc. It will happen with McDavid too.

I must say, for all the flak Sidney Crosby gets, he deserves commendation for going to the World Championships.  He plays a lot of hockey and answers the bell for Canada.

He gets the most attention from the media, so it comes with the territory. People criticized Gretzky & Lemieux as well for being floaters, whiners, etc. It will happen with McDavid too.

Could you imagine how much hate Gretzky would have gotten if he'd played in the age of the internet and social media? 

Could you imagine how much hate Gretzky would have gotten if he'd played in the age of the internet and social media? 

And mighta been even worse if cell phones had existed in those days, considering the amount of public partying those kids did back then around YEG...

Gretzky may seem like a good player but he is actually out of position all the time

No no.. That's called freestying or roaming.. Has a high hockey IQ so gets to just "be" on the ice..

It's all very cerebral don'tcha kno.

Why does sid get crapped on by people? Cuz some people think they know it all. I'm gonna use lawless and friesen as examples. They like to crap on football and hockey players but can they skate or throw or catch a football? Probably not. But doesn't stop them from thinking they know it all. Sid is the best hockey player since and maybe even better overall than Gretzky. No doubt about it. He's a complete player

Why does sid get crapped on by people? Cuz some people think they know it all. I'm gonna use lawless and friesen as examples. They like to crap on football and hockey players but can they skate or throw or catch a football? Probably not. But doesn't stop them from thinking they know it all. Sid is the best hockey player since and maybe even better overall than Gretzky. No doubt about it. He's a complete player

Gary Lawless craps on football and hockey players?  Come on... that sound a lot like "you cant critique me unless you've played my sport at my level" which is silly.  Friesen is a negative snarky jerk.  That's his gimmick.  Lawless is a columnist so he editorializes and provides his opinion.  Thats why myself and many others listen to H&L, to hear Lawless's opinion because he always knows a lot more than he's saying.  You can read between the lines with him quite a bit.  Anyone, in 2015, who still rips on Lawless just doesnt get it.

As far as Sid and others go, its the natural reaction to people with great talent.  The cool response is to hate him.  "Im not a sheep...I hate that guy".  That sort of thing.  But when you take ego and stupidity out of it, there isnt much to hate about Sidney Crosby in general.  Sure, you can critique his play and actions in a specific sense as you can with all players.  But Sid is a pretty special player.

Okay, I'll be the guy:

He's a giant *****. He complains and begs for calls all the time. They call him "Palms Up Crosby" for a reason. Bottom lip always out. Skates constantly with his head down, and when he gets clobbered for it, everyone else is the villain. Bullshit.

They call him "Palms Up Crosby" for a reason.

I think you mean "you call him", not "they".

Crosby is hardly the only captain to whine to the officials (see Getzlaf during Jets/Ducks series) and from what I've seen he doesn't do it as much as he did in the past.

Okay, I'll be the guy:

He's a giant *****. He complains and begs for calls all the time. They call him "Palms Up Crosby" for a reason. Bottom lip always out. Skates constantly with his head down, and when he gets clobbered for it, everyone else is the villain. Bullshit.

and this is exactly the bullshit I just said, you're bitching about bitching... but everyone in the NHL *******, yes even your god Toews will whine too. People decided they were going to roast Crosby over it though and it took on a life of it's own. It's the same with the whole idea that the Oilers young players can't play defense. It's this thing that took on a life of it's own and became taken as truth when it's really not. 

I'll listen to arguments that maybe Crosby doesn't step up enough when things really matter and that maybe he's been too injured in his career or that he's not as good as the hype makes him sound, but whining? Come on now, do better than that for criticism.