Chris Williams signs in Ottawa

Mike

Very impressive move by them to bring him in.

But I can't help but wonder ... how is Desjardins going to have screwed this up?

Between Price, Jackson, Williams, Ellingson and Sinopoli ... how are they going to afford to keep this together for more than a year?

It's like night and day compared to their receiving corps from last year.  Hank isn't going to have any excuses.  Maybe they don't have to worry about the cap long term, if / when they get out from under the contract Hank signed .. it's going to allow them *SOME* flexibility .. that might happen in the near future (year or two).

Honestly though in the return game Stoudamire is going right up there in the return game with Williams and Banks. Let's see if Price plays more than 10 games. Sinopoli has not been put in a key role like he will be. See how the other two fit the roles they will have to play.

Hope they like fumbles

Fumbles is a great name for a puppy.  If Ottawa had a team puppy named Fumbles, I'm sure they'd like him a lot.  They'd all just stay on the sidelines and scratch his floppy ears.  It shouldn't be too hard to convince Desjardins that their team needs a puppy, and other than Wildly Overpaid Free Agent, Fumbles is probably the most appropriate name for Ottawa's new puppy.

At 27 he is still young enough to make an impact.  Will be interesting to see if he returns to his former days as a Ticats or lost a step by going to the NFL.  Also interesting to see his attitude.  Will he be a diva or a team player?  And I can't see how Ottawa can afford all these guys and Hank.  Someone is likely to shake lose before July.

But I can't help but wonder ... how is Desjardins going to have screwed this up?

Between Price, Jackson, Williams, Ellingson and Sinopoli ... how are they going to afford to keep this together for more than a year?

I don't even think it's the cost, I think someone is going to be unhappy with the lack of work they're getting. Lot of those guys probably went with the idea of being more involved. 

I don't even think it's the cost, I think someone is going to be unhappy with the lack of work they're getting. Lot of those guys probably went with the idea of being more involved. 

'Ottawa some snakes, they lied to (them)'

-KG

That's the brutal reality of football, there are no guarantees.  It's likely one or two of these receivers will shake loose and be picked up by other CFL teams.  Don't think other teams are going to want to acquire the contracts Marcel signed them to, so  trades are unlikely.  Should be interesting.

That's the brutal reality of football, there are no guarantees.  It's likely one or two of these receivers will shake loose and be picked up by other CFL teams.  Don't think other teams are going to want to acquire the contracts Marcel signed them to, so  trades are unlikely.  Should be interesting.

Continually doing stuff like that though gets you on a lot of players **** lists. They already have Kevin Glenn pissed at them for the shenanigans, now you likely got a few receivers. Can't help but think Desjardins is digging himself a hole again. 

All five of those guys can start, what's the big deal.  Williams and Price as your wideouts, Jackson and Ellingson SB...  Ottawa should have ratio flexibility to only run one NI REC.

What about Henry? If they don't want him I would hope the Bombers do.

All five of those guys can start, what's the big deal.  Williams and Price as your wideouts, Jackson and Ellingson SB...  Ottawa should have ratio flexibility to only run one NI REC.

What about Henry? If they don't want him I would hope the Bombers do.

Paden seemed pretty decent too... either way, someone will shake loose

There's still only one football and someone is going to be left out and be more of a decoy rather than actually putting up numbers. Numbers are what gets a receiver paid.