The future looks bright Jets fans ...

IC Khari

I hope Chevy and Maurice read this thread so they can figure out how to solve all the Jets' problems.  Just move Trouba to the left side.  Problem solved. 

I can only assume it isnt that easy.  Rec league guys say "sure it is".  And yet the Jets didnt do that.

Ill further add that last season, Bogo's performance dropped and much of that was attributed to him being switched to left to pair with Trouba and Bogo not being comfortable there. 

I'd think Buff would be most able to switch sides since he seems to play all over the ice anyway and played both wings.  Why they didnt do that in the playoffs, I have no idea.

Perhaps Enstrom-Myers and Buff-Trouba will be our top four next season.

But pick a guy in the top six forwards and top four D to be gone because they arent likely have keep everyone.

It's amazing the crap that people say about Toby while people like Stuart and Pardy get praised for physical play. 

Enstrom is a great hockey player and literally makes everyone he plays with better. Every other LHD we have save for maybe Chiarot makes everyone they play with worse. 

We don't deserve a player like Enstrom with the way we crap on him.

It's amazing the crap that people say about Toby while people like Stuart and Pardy get praised for physical play. 

Enstrom is a great hockey player and literally makes everyone he plays with better. Every other LHD we have save for maybe Chiarot makes everyone they play with worse. 

Quiet players never get the love.  Remember Teppo Numminen?  Took a long time for people to see how valuable he was.

The Jets continue to be in transition mode.  The left side could have Enstrom, Stu, Chiarot, Morrissey battling this year.  Maybe Morrissey only makes it as far as the AHL.  Who knows right now.

I can only assume it isnt that easy.  Rec league guys say "sure it is".  And yet the Jets didnt do that.

What level of hockey is required to have an opinion on this forum?

None.  I never played rec league hockey.  If you dont get my point, disregard, as it went over your head (not a shot, just saying, no biggie)

I don't think Enstrom is bad, but the bar has been dropped considerably if he's being given the "great" label.

Stuart gets praised for his game b/c he does exactly what he's paid to do. The bar is set lower for him b/c he's paid accordingly. Enstrom got his big contract on the assumption he was going to be a regular 50 point guy. He's been very underwhelming offensively since signing that deal. A nearly $6M dman who is undersized and bad on the pp isn't the greatest asset a team can have.

None.  I never played rec league hockey.  If you dont get my point, disregard, as it went over your head (not a shot, just saying, no biggie)

A shot from you? You never do that to other posters.

Enstrom is what he is. He's a responsible puck-moving defenseman who takes pressure off the other half of his pairing and gives them a good shot to flourish. He's undersized, his offensive abilities are trending in the wrong direction and he is prone to struggles with the physical aspect of the game. That being said, he's still our 1LD and he's still a damn good defenseman. He's not a complete hockey player, but he's the only guy on our roster capable of playing 20+ minutes on the left side at this point in time and unless there is a clear commitment to moving Trouba to the left side or unless we want to gamble on Morrissey being ready for a huge workload in his rookie season, we need to keep Toby.

Winnipeggers love the lunch bucket defenseman. That's why we love Stuart, even though he's an anchor tied to whoever his partner is. He's physical and he gives it his absolute best night in and night out, but he takes way too many gambles for a 3rd pairing defenseman and he is far too prone to unawareness in our own zone. But because he's the blue collar defenseman in a blue collar city, we love him, flaws and all. I'm included. I love Stuart, but I know I should be more critical of him.

I don't think Enstrom is bad, but the bar has been dropped considerably if he's being given the "great" label.

Stuart gets praised for his game b/c he does exactly what he's paid to do. The bar is set lower for him b/c he's paid accordingly. Enstrom got his big contract on the assumption he was going to be a regular 50 point guy. He's been very underwhelming offensively since signing that deal. A nearly $6M dman who is undersized and bad on the pp isn't the greatest asset a team can have.

I get the fact that he's paid a lot makes him ripe for criticism, but Stuart is paid more than he's worth as well. I'd rather overpay for a defenceman who makes play on both ends of the ice and contributes positively to a team's success than one like Stuart who by all intents and purposes should be a 6th defenceman at best

I am certainly not a fan of the "lunch bucket" way of thinking that Winnipeg seems to have because I have to listen to the people in my section and my family talk about how great Thorburn is because he "tries his best" but let's not ignore the fact that Stuart playing with Trouba has potentially started to stunt his development. It is not as easy carrying a pairing as Entrom makes it look.

To go back to Enstrom for a moment, there is also a very good reason Myers has looked like a new man since coming here and it's not because he magically rediscovered his game out of the blue. 

To go back to Enstrom for a moment, there is also a very good reason Myers has looked like a new man since coming here and it's not because he magically rediscovered his game out of the blue. 

To be fair, the whole "Myers was bad" thing also had a lot to do with Buffalo being an absolute dogshit team. He was never as bad as people were making it seem.

Someone (might have been Lawless, cant remember) made a comment during the season.  He said when things are getting rough in the Jets zone and they gain possession, watch who they give the puck too, Enstrom.  I realise thats the system, but I did watch for this after that comment and it was always a pass to Enstrom to calm things down. 

Keep in mind when they signed Enstrom to that deal, it was to give them stability and cost certainty well they worked on re-stocking the prospect pool.  So if we're now at a point where we're talking about guys coming in and competing, then everything worked according to plan.

Had Enstrom's contract expired this season or last, we'd be in trouble.  His leverage would have been pretty high, as it was when he signed.

Buff-Myers

Chiarot-Trouba

Enstrom-Stuart

There. Done...

Myers has quickly 'come of age' in Winnipeg, I wasn't on the band wagon but now that he's in game shape, he clicks with everyone.  Chiarot, Buff, Enstrom... needs a hitter with him though.

Trouba needs a stay-at-home D - Chiarot is an upgrade over Stuart...  Chiarot and Trouba would be a wrecking crew.

I'm over-exaggerating Enstrom's flaws but, honestly, he doesn't fit with this team anymore.  And once Morrissey emerges, he should replace him quickly.

I saw an update on my Jets app that Enstrom just had shoulder surgery. Ok. I will admit if he was playing hurt that I might have been a bit tough on him.

It will be interesting to watch the Flames try to intimidate Anaheim like they did Vancouver. Ferland is just going to bounce off of the Ducks and fall over. I predict Ducks in 5.

To be fair, the whole "Myers was bad" thing also had a lot to do with Buffalo being an absolute dogshit team. He was never as bad as people were making it seem.

Exactly. Buffalo was a good team in his rookie season when he flourished. The structure broke down around him after that and he was counted on way too heavily as a young dman. IMO he started trying to do too much and his overall game suffered as a result.

I fully agree that Enstrom was a good partner for Myers. Steady guy who he knows will be in the right spot when he takes off with the puck.

I saw an update on my Jets app that Enstrom just had shoulder surgery. Ok. I will admit if he was playing hurt that I might have been a bit tough on him.

It will be interesting to watch the Flames try to intimidate Anaheim like they did Vancouver. Ferland is just going to bounce off of the Ducks and fall over. I predict Ducks in 5.

If I could pick Ducks in 3, I would. I want Perry and Getzlaf to eat them alive....

A shot from you? You never do that to other posters.

Thats true.  Thank you.

Buff-Myers

Chiarot-Trouba

Enstrom-Stuart

There. Done...

Myers has quickly 'come of age' in Winnipeg, I wasn't on the band wagon but now that he's in game shape, he clicks with everyone.  Chiarot, Buff, Enstrom... needs a hitter with him though.

Trouba needs a stay-at-home D - Chiarot is an upgrade over Stuart...  Chiarot and Trouba would be a wrecking crew.

I'm over-exaggerating Enstrom's flaws but, honestly, he doesn't fit with this team anymore.  And once Morrissey emerges, he should replace him quickly.

Im not sure I'd want to burden Myers with Buff.

And again, in a perfect world, we sign everyone to long term contracts.  We cant do that.  So who's going to go?  You want to give Buff a raise on his $6 million a year for another 6 years or so...who are you letting go?

Buff-Myers

Chiarot-Trouba

Enstrom-Stuart

There. Done...

Im not sure I'd want to burden Myers with Buff.

And again, in a perfect world, we sign everyone to long term contracts.  We cant do that.  So who's going to go?  You want to give Buff a raise on his $6 million a year for another 6 years or so...who are you letting go?

Enstrom, ha