The future looks bright Jets fans ...

IC Khari

Slater stafford Frolik Tlusty Stempniak are all ufa. Peluso Galiardi also ufa. O'Dell too I think. Chiarot rfa. Role players really.

Chiarot should be signed. Stempniak too. Stafford and Frolik be nice if not long term and big money.

The rest are a meh really.

Priorities would be Fro, Stempy, Stafford in that order.

Tlusty, Peluso, Galiardi toss em. 

Galiardi I thought would be good on the 4th line, never happened tho.

Lowry....he could almost be 2nd line center. How good is that? Sophomore jinx next season tho.

Glad to see nearly everyone finally agreeing with me about Toby. Too bad it too 4 playoff games to figure it out.

Agree on Lowry moving forward, being a force. Untouchables in terms of a trade by this GM, are Ladd, little, wheeler, Scheif, Lowry, buff, Meyer, trouba. Need frolic, Perrault, Stafford. Jets total comp this year is 68 mil. Hawks was 89. Jets have tons of room to keep building.

I dont think Buff is untouchable.  The Myers trade made him expendable.  His playoff performance made him expendable.  If he was willing to sign for 1 or 2 years, sure, why not.  But he's crazy to not maximize his money and term at this point given his age.  And I dont see why the Jets would do that. 

I wonder if there is a deal to be made with the Flyers there.  Speculation always was that they wanted Buff.  And supposedly Jets had interest in Luke Schenn.  What side does he play?  Del Zotto is without a deal this summer, isnt he?  Is he RFA or UFA? 

I dont think Buff is untouchable.  The Myers trade made him expendable.  His playoff performance made him expendable.  If he was willing to sign for 1 or 2 years, sure, why not.  But he's crazy to not maximize his money and term at this point given his age.  And I dont see why the Jets would do that. 

I wonder if there is a deal to be made with the Flyers there.  Speculation always was that they wanted Buff.  And supposedly Jets had interest in Luke Schenn.  What side does he play?  Del Zotto is without a deal this summer, isnt he?  Is he RFA or UFA? 

Might be able to pry the Schenn brothers out of Philly... they are in cap hell with no prospects in the pipe.  Buff, Phillips, Armia might get the Schenns.

When teams get good, they start to lose players for nothing. That's just what happens... There is only so much money to go around. That's why Perreault is a Jet and not a Duck right now. Ideally you will make a trade but it doesn't always work that way.

another reason Perrault is not a Duck is because they wanted to get bigger. And boy did they.

Great season and yup future looks good but.. the goaltending Is the big question mark. Pav played well and held them in it but that last Kesler goal when jets had all the momentum was that 1 bad goal he let's in every game. That was the back breaker.

I am hoping Hutch grabs the starting goalie position in camp next year and doesn't let it go all season. Time to ride the Hutch train.

I have been one of Buff's biggest supporters but he was close to putrid in these playoffs. He is supposed to be an elite player? He sure as hell didn't play like one. It seemed he was on the ice for a lot of goals against and didn't create any much-needed offence. Elite players lift there game and turn it up a notch, Buff didn't. Didn't come close to lifting it up  a notch. If Chevy moves him, it will be before or more than likely, on draft day. I would hate to play against him but he could bring back a lot in a trade. I was very unimpressed with is playoff performance and was hoping for a LOT more.

UFAs and RFAs:

Drew Stafford RW UFA         Michael Frolik RW UFA         Jiri Tlusty C UFA         Jim Slater C UFA         Lee Stempniak RW UFA         Matt Halischuk RW UFA         Eric O'Dell C RFA         Anthony Peluso

Paul Postma D RFA         Adam Pardy D UFA         Keaton Ellerby D RFA         Ben Chiarot D RFA

I would let Pardy, Slater, Tlusty, Halischuk and Peluso walk. Re-sign O'Dell and Ellerby for the farm. Offer Chiarot 5m over 4 years. Postma is a question mark...re-sign him for as little as possible and start him on the farm???

Staff (3 years) , Stemp ( 2 years), and Fro (3 years) I would try to re-sign. Ladd. I would offer Buff an extension of 5 years for 28m (5.6 a year).

Me thinks Toby has a no trade.

I believe I recall that being true.

The Big Show guys were debating Ladd & Buff and whether you trade neither, one or both.  Their feeling echoing many here that if your projections at being a cup contender are 3-4 years away, is it a wise investment to spend the big dollars to keep guys here who at that point will be 33-34 years old.

What's wrong with being 33 years old? Real cup contenders always have at least a couple older players. Lots of guys can still play hockey when they are 33 or 34.

In the case of Andrew Ladd I agree with you.  He's consistent.  I guess the issue is, paying them big top level cash for many years when they probably wont be the same player in a few years.  Ladd could slide down at time goes on but I think he's the type of guy that even at 33 or 34, a legitimate team would want.  Buff is already in decline.  No upside to paying him $6 million a year for six years or whatever it would take.  Our defence could absorb losing Buff more than our forwards could absorb losing Ladd.  With Myers and Trouba there, I just dont see how Buff fits in.

Bye-foog-lie-in, is an enigma. He's the kind of guy you really want to get behind and cheer for. Go Buff Go. But he also is the kind of guy that can make you cringe at some of his lapses. He's exciting to watch as he shrugs off checks with the ease of, well, a shrug. But disappointing as well, when he bashes a neck from behind...at the wrong time.

Short term, I can see him here...but not long term. Too much for too little.

We'll get a much better handle on this, this summer, and, IMO, If this is the time to move him, Chevy will do so.