The future looks bright Jets fans ...

IC Khari

Lol you just make stuff up and accept it as fact in your own head. He gets one goal and allows two?? Really??? That's some funny math considering he was a plus player this year. I understand the limitations of plus/minus but that right there tells everyone you are just talking out of your ass right now.

Not sure what you aren't understanding. Oh well. Keep believing what you like about Buff. I get it that it's not a popular opinion.

Sure, you just keep on believing he's a liability and that any third line d-man would be an upgrade. That's why he makes 5 mil+ per year... Because he hurts his team more than he helps them.

I saw enough of Buff's antics and costly penalties to at least ask the question - "what can we get for him in the market"? I would at least try and find out. I don't say let's just pull the plug, but I'd be dangling him out there, and Enstrom too. If you can swing a deal like we got for Kane and Bogo, where you can pry an elite player like Myers out, with some solid prospects, jump at it.

Just shocked that people think we can be a better team next year with Armia over Frolik/Stafford and Postma over Byfuglien. Speaking of things that don't add up...

Give away Byfuglien for nothing and the Jets are a better team.  Addition by subtraction.

No, you're dead wrong.  It doesn't work that way.  That's called the Oilers model.

I'm not saying Chevy should just give Buff away...his job is to get as many assets as he can for Buff.  I'm just saying that if Buff were to just go away and we get nothing in return, the Jets are a better team.

I realize what you're saying and I completely disagree.

And so does Chevy. 

#NHLJets Cheveldayoff: Ladd, Byfuglien big part of leadership group. Do his best to have them a big part of team for many yrs to come. #bn

Lol you just make stuff up and accept it as fact in your own head. He gets one goal and allows two?? Really??? That's some funny math considering he was a plus player this year. I understand the limitations of plus/minus but that right there tells everyone you are just talking out of your ass right now.

Not sure what you aren't understanding. Oh well. Keep believing what you like about Buff. I get it that it's not a popular opinion.

I understand you perfectly well, you're just completely wrong. Run along now.

Sure, you just keep on believing he's a liability and that any third line d-man would be an upgrade. That's why he makes 5 mil+ per year... Because he hurts his team more than he helps them.

I saw enough of Buff's antics and costly penalties to at least ask the question - "what can we get for him in the market"? I would at least try and find out. I don't say let's just pull the plug, but I'd be dangling him out there, and Enstrom too. If you can swing a deal like we got for Kane and Bogo, where you can pry an elite player like Myers out, with some solid prospects, jump at it.

I'd have no problem with moving Buff if we can get a good return. Its the mindless assertion that the team would be better with any third line plug than we would be with Buff that really gets me.

Just shocked that people think we can be a better team next year with Armia over Frolik/Stafford and Postma over Byfuglien. Speaking of things that don't add up...

Give away Byfuglien for nothing and the Jets are a better team. Addition by subtraction.

No, you're dead wrong. It doesn't work that way. That's called the Oilers model.

I'm not saying Chevy should just give Buff away...his job is to get as many assets as he can for Buff. I'm just saying that if Buff were to just go away and we get nothing in return, the Jets are a better team.

And so does Chevy.

Ed Tait@WFPEdTait 3h3 hours ago

#NHLJets Cheveldayoff: Ladd, Byfuglien big part of leadership group. Do his best to have them a big part of team for many yrs to come. #bn

So you think Chevy is going to say he's going to try and trade Byfuglien this offseason? C'mon. Chevy keeps things like that very close to the chest.

And so does Chevy. 

Ed Tait ‏@WFPEdTait  3h3 hours ago

They just have to stick together as a team, they'll be all right.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1952078/winnipeg-jets-dustin-byfuglien-gives-media-marshawn-lynch-treatment/

I'd have no problem with moving Buff if we can get a good return. Its the mindless assertion that the team would be better with any third line plug than we would be with Buff that really gets me.
It's true. He can't play defense, his risky style of play costs the team, he takes stupid penalties and up until this year his conditioning has been terrible. Plus look at the Jets record without Buff this season. Buff doesn't get suspended those 4 games, Jets don't make playoffs. Jets as a team play a lot sloppier with Byfuglien in the lineup.

Give away Byfuglien for nothing and the Jets are a better team. Addition by subtraction.

No, you're dead wrong. It doesn't work that way. That's called the Oilers model.

I'm not saying Chevy should just give Buff away...his job is to get as many assets as he can for Buff. I'm just saying that if Buff were to just go away and we get nothing in return, the Jets are a better team.

And so does Chevy.

So you think Chevy is going to say he's going to try and trade Byfuglien this offseason? C'mon. Chevy keeps things like that very close to the chest.

If Chevy didn't mean what he said then he wouldn't have said it. Keeping things close to your chest doesn't mean saying the opposite of what you're thinking or planning to do.

And so does Chevy.

If Chevy didn't mean what he said then he wouldn't have said it. Keeping things close to your chest doesn't mean saying the opposite of what you're thinking or planning to do.
He was specifically asked about Byfuglien and Ladd.

Just really too bad that Buff is so dead set on playing D...  as a third line winger and powerplay D, he's a force.  As a defenceman, he can be a difference maker for both teams.

Maybe he can be teamed with Myers, I don't see the sense of the Myers-Enstrom pairing - neither are really physical D and rely on their eight foot long sticks...

Buff-Myers

Chiarot-Trouba

Enstrom-Stuart

Morrissey in AHL until first injury

If Buff hasn't changed by trade deadline, move him.

And so does Chevy.

Doesn't change anything. He's not going to say he is going to do his best to re-sign them long term if he isn't. He could have said something like "we'll see how goes in the off-season" or "I don't want to comment about specific players" or whatever. 

And so does Chevy.

Doesn't change anything. He's not going to say he is going to do his best to re-sign them long term if he isn't. He could have said something like "we'll see how goes in the off-season" or "I don't want to comment about specific players" or whatever.

Either of those responses would have resulted in controversy, at least in the media. He said what I'd expect he'd say. The fact that he publicly says he wants to keep Byfuglien, increases his leverage in any potential trade talks.

Why do people think its such an issue to switch a d-man to the opposite side? Literally every team does it. Rearrange the d pairings to Toby-Myers, Buff-Trouba, Stuart-Postma. Problem solved.

because it is...the Jets didnt do it.

Not with the top guys, but Chiarot, Pardy, and Harrison both played both sides.

And just because the Jets didn't do it with their top guys doesn't mean they didn't consider it and can't in the future.

I agree.

Pretty sure it was Babcock that said all his D need to play both sides.

I dont think it matters as much as people think.

Give away Byfuglien for nothing and the Jets are a better team.  Addition by subtraction.

No, you're dead wrong.  It doesn't work that way.  That's called the Oilers model.

I'm not saying Chevy should just give Buff away...his job is to get as many assets as he can for Buff.  I'm just saying that if Buff were to just go away and we get nothing in return, the Jets are a better team.

Byfuglien is a liability.  It's that simple. 

Do you know and understand more about hockey then Chevy or Maurice? Id also think about 95% of GMs in the league would take Buff.

Byfuglien is a liability. It's that simple.

Do you know and understand more about hockey then Chevy or Maurice? Id also think about 95% of GMs in the league would take Buff.

That's what I'm hoping.

That's what I'm hoping.

Have fun with that

That's what I'm hoping.

Have fun with that

Thanks. I will.

I get trading buff but at the same time a 4 game sample size when he was playing with a rib injury doesn't mean trade buff for nothing.

In addition to just watching the games, I'm also looking at the Jets 13 game sample size this season playing without Buff. I believe their record was 9-3-1.

I'm assuming the friend that taught gbill about goaltending is also shaping his opinion on Buff.

The Byfuglien and Pavelec opinions are mine and mine alone. The buddy thing was one goal and it was my opinion and my buddies agreed.

Byfuglien is a sloppy and just terrible player. He's good when he's motivated but that's like 10 games a year if your lucky. I wouldn't go near him as a GM.